[Completed] Android 2 Android Screen Share w/touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Mar 16, 2014
MKE
So Ive been looking for the past 3 days and haven't had much success in finding something that will do what I'm looking for. Im hoping some of you fine minds :angel: here at xda can help me out. I have 4 nooks (2 NT's and 2 HD's) and would like to share the screen between any 2 of them with touch functionality. The reason I would like to do this is for some games I have. i.e. Elder Sign Omens. 2 people can play that game on the nook (or any tablet), but would have to pass the tablet back and forth between turns. I would like to share the screen of the one tablet over to the other so as to eliminate the constant passing back and forth. I would like a Bluetooth and wifi option since the NT's dont have Bluetooth.

Heres the scenario I envision:
Grab any 2 nooks.
Run app to connect nooks over wifi/Bluetooth
Within the app I can select which nooks screen to share and then initiate sharing to the other nook
Once setup I can run the game which will then show up on both nooks
And the most important part is that the game can be controlled from either nook.

All my nooks are rooted and running CM10.2 or 11

I have installed and tried several apps to no avail.
  • TeamViewer
  • VNC Viewer
  • Splashtop
  • Screenshare
  • Tablet Remote

While Im not a total noob in the field of remote sharing Im also not a wiz at it either :silly: Maybe VNC is the solution, but I was unable to figure out a proper setup for it to work. So if something like that is the answer to my problem could you point me in the direction of a guide that outlines how to set it up between 2 android tablets; Or, if there is an app that I missed that already does this; Or maybe one of you knows about an open source project in the works. Either way any help what-so-ever would be greatly appreciated!

If any further info or clarification is needed from me just ask.

Thanks in advance

Mar 16, 2014
MKE
Awesome thanks for the quick response. I think I need to work on my search terminology so that I can get better results without being overrun by extras and having to sift through them :eek: Something to work on, lol! Thanks again, headin over to those links now!

Edit: Seems to me that those links are just quick responses to brush off a legit question. And w/o testing apparently. While I'm sure vnc works fairly well across phone/tablet to pc it does not seem to be as viable across tablets. At least not in my case. Setup port forwarding on router and I set up the server on one tablet and viewer on the other and am only capable of getting a distorted picture as in this post

68747470733a2f2f662e636c6f75642e6769746875622e636f6d2f6173736574732f323837393834392f313737373232382f38393334323161632d363832322d313165332d393130322d3139623135333132383762332e706e67

___https://github.com/oNaiPs/droid-VNC-server/issues/20

Ive tried the following apps with diff combinations of them and had the same exact results

Servers
-droid VNC Server
-VNC_Server

Viewers
-VNC Viewer
-androidVNC

So I guess I will just wait for someone to come out with a viable solution or just do without as this seems to be too much of a hassle for anyone to address properly. (As in a "how to guide" or app that actually works)

Last edited:

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
You shouldn't need to set up port-forwarding if both devices are on the same network (and in that case port-forwarding wouldn't apply anyway).
Sadly, I don't have your combination of devices to test.

TeamViewer would be my second choice but the Anroid TeamViewer client (at least currently) cannot control another Android device running TeamViewer QuickSupport.

Follow up on the directed thread and hopefully someone else may have some advice.

Note that XDA Assist isn't meant for tech support, rather it's a "guidepost" for pointing people in the right direction to find answers.
From The Purpose of XDA Assist [Please Read]
The mission of XDA Assist is to provide basic help to those who have tried searching but can't find what they are looking for and need assistance. This is not a "helpdesk" providing technical assistance but more to point you in the correct direction with your problem. Perhaps you can't find posts on how to root your phone, install custom recovery or maybe you have questions about how to navigate and use features on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.