[Port]SlideAside and Knock Code from G Pro 2

Search This thread

Rob S.

Dec 22, 2011
techmantis.net
I
Settings would crash whenever you accessed a system-made apps list (I don't know how else to explain this). The only way to fix this is to factory reset the phone.

An example would be Settings>Apps
In fact, I was able to repeat this crash every time by going to Settings>Apps then scrolling over to "All."
If I scrolled down the list at any speed, Settings would crash at the exact same point.

Another example would be the apps list in Titanium Backup, which is not system-made. This means that the problem does not occur in this app,

I had this exact problem on JB with GravityBox installed.

Whenever I scrolled through the app list, my phone would crash and reboot, at the exact same spot on the list.

This happened in the "Downloaded" and "All" list.

On rare occasions it would crash scrolling through Titanium Backup as well.

I don't have this problem on KK with GravityBox installed.

It occasionally stutters a bit while scrolling through the app lists, but haven't had a crash yet.

Slide Aside working fine here.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I

I had this exact problem on JB with GravityBox installed.

Whenever I scrolled through the app list, my phone would crash and reboot, at the exact same spot on the list.

This happened in the "Downloaded" and "All" list.

On rare occasions it would crash scrolling through Titanium Backup as well.

I don't have this problem on KK with GravityBox installed.

It occasionally stutters a bit while scrolling through the app lists, but haven't had a crash yet.

Slide Aside working fine here.

What Gravity Box version are you on?
I was on 3.1.5 and the crashes were starting after about a day (give or take some hours). I just now updated T o 3.1.7, which was released yesterday. I'm in the process of testing now, but so far so good (it's only been like 2 hours though).

After the crashes began with 3.1.5, they continued to occur after disabling GB in Xposed Installer and them rebooting. This is the only reason why I can't conclude that it was indeed GB causing the problem. Unless maybe GB just permanently broke something in the system.
On the other hand, the point in the apps list where the crash occurs is right when I get to the apps beginning with G, and, well, Gravity Box begins with G.

It's nice to know that someone else had the same problem and was able to link it to GB. I'm hoping this new version will stop the problem, but I need time to confirm.
*fingers crossed*

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

JaySee5

Apr 9, 2013
Seoul
SlideAside is not the problem. I use it daily and can't reproduce your error.

Sent from my LG-F240K using XDA Free mobile app

Rob S.

Dec 22, 2011
techmantis.net
What Gravity Box version are you on?
I was on 3.1.5 and the crashes were starting after about a day (give or take some hours). I just now updated T o 3.1.7, which was released yesterday. I'm in the process of testing now, but so far so good (it's only been like 2 hours though).

After the crashes began with 3.1.5, they continued to occur after disabling GB in Xposed Installer and them rebooting. This is the only reason why I can't conclude that it was indeed GB causing the problem. Unless maybe GB just permanently broke something in the system.

I'm currently on 3.1.5.

I haven't had any crashes since I've upgraded to KK.

I was experiencing the crashes on GravityBox [JB].

Disabling the GB module when I was on JB stopped the crashes.

Araldy

May 22, 2014
Please helpme

http://goo.gl/wGis8Q

1. LGTouchControlAreas.apk and LockScreenSettings.apk in system/app.

2. LGSlideAside.apk in system/priv-app.

3. Set all APK permissions to 644.

Credit to galapagos
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52021410&postcount=737

i need the orginal file of lock screen, cause when i put the lockscreen in system/app and reboot it doent work and now i cant change the background cause it stop like bug.... and slide aside didint work

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I'm currently on 3.1.5.

I haven't had any crashes since I've upgraded to KK.

I was experiencing the crashes on GravityBox [JB].

Disabling the GB module when I was on JB stopped the crashes.

They're telling me over on the Gravity Box forum (actually, they're ATTACKING me) that the crashes are being caused by me not using an AOSP rom. Everyone is getting on me now and treating me like an idiot or something.
I've been using Gravity Box on KK ever since the E980 KK was released as a flashable. So it's been a couple weeks now. I hadn't had any issues until like 3 days ago. And I was on 3.1.5 then.
So far, I am having no issues whatsoever on GB 3.1.7 and no SlideAside. Usually problems start after about a full day.

I need to ask this too:
In order to get JUST SlideAside to work, you only install (copy and set permissions) the SlideAside apk, right?
Because that's what I did and it worked for a while, then after about a day, these crashes started. In SlideAside's case, it would crash when trying to add more than 1 app to the side.

JaySee5

Apr 9, 2013
Seoul
i need the orginal file of lock screen, cause when i put the lockscreen in system/app and reboot it doent work and now i cant change the background cause it stop like bug.... and slide aside didint work

I don't have the original, but all you have to do is repeat the process correctly. You can't just put the files in and reboot. You have to set the permissions correctly. Even if I did give you the original, it still wouldn't work unless you set the permissions correctly.

Last edited:

lllMVPlll

Aug 29, 2013
Is there any method for knock unlock ? I did everything but still knock unlock doesnt work.

Sent from my LG-E988 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Araldy

May 22, 2014

himzzz

Feb 12, 2012

the knock code also didn't work on me device, but slide aside works for now..
about changing the lockscreen backgroudn, you might try to untick the swing lock screen in settings > display > lock screen.
it worked for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://goo.gl/wGis8Q

1. LGTouchControlAreas.apk and LockScreenSettings.apk in system/app.

2. LGSlideAside.apk in system/priv-app.

3. Set all APK permissions to 644.

Credit to galapagos
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52021410&postcount=737

**UPDATE**

I just updated to F240K20h and found that it breaks compatibility with Knock Code. SlideAside still works fine.
    It all worked for me. Thanks. For those having trouble, I installed them all in system priv.
    Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You copied all the apks to system\priv-app with rw r r ? I tried this too but same problem, knock code takes me to pin screen.

Sent from my LG-E988 using XDA Free mobile app
    Are you saying that the screen can be awakened by knock? I thought that was a feature specific to Snapdragon 800 series devices and kernel related code was required to make it work.
    No, it is purely an unlocking type - when you wake your phone a grid overlays that you tap based on the pattern you set up.

Are you saying that the screen can be awakened by knock? I thought that was a feature specific to Snapdragon 800 series devices and kernel related code was required to make it work.
    I'm just throwing this here:
    After having Slide Aside working flawlessly for a full day, the app and system began crashing after about a day.

Slide Aside would crash if you try to add more than 1 app.

Settings would crash whenever you accessed a system-made apps list (I don't know how else to explain this). The only way to fix this is to factory reset the phone.
    An example would be Settings>Apps
    In fact, I was able to repeat this crash every time by going to Settings>Apps then scrolling over to "All."
    If I scrolled down the list at any speed, Settings would crash at the exact same point.
    Another example would be the apps list in Titanium Backup, which is not system-made. This means that the problem does not occur in this app,

I'm not sure yet if this is actually caused by SlideAside or GravityBox. The latest version of GravityBox (which I'm using obviously), has a changelog entry stating, "Fixed severe bug in AppPicker affecting ring targets/quick app tile icons." This COULD be the culprit, but I'm not sure yet. I'm currently debugging the issue though. I just factory reset the phone and updated GravityBox and don't have SlideAside installed. Everything is working as expected ow, but I'm going to give it a couple days to see if the problem happens again. If not, then I'll install SlideAside and repeat.

I didn't do anything. This is other peoples' work. I just made a thread for it so everyone can find it easily.
    Oh ok. Thanks.
    I still wonder if the Aspect Ratio Correction file can simply be copied to the system and have its permissions set correctly- no editing of the file's programming. Then maybe the setting will appear... Hmmmmmm

Does the knock to wake work?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Just an FYI: This feature needs a special kernel to support it. There were some Jelly Bean roms that included a modified kernel, but they were only working on the E988, from what I remember.
    Even those kernels weren't perfect though. People reported high battery drain.