[Prerequisite to Rooting] Android SDK Installer - v3.0 for Windows

Search This thread

andrew8806

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2010
Dallas
**Microsoft Windows ONLY*

This installer is for new people looking to root their HTC Thunderbolt (not sure on other HTC devices but should work.) I compiled an SDK installer that installs all the necessary files to the directory of your choice (default C:\sdk) to your PC. This installer also includes HTC Sync for the Drivers as well as Java if you do not already have Java installed.

So if you're new to Android and want the tools to root, this might be the place to start before making that big step.

**If you have problems with it installing, try right clicking and running as administrator

Android SDK Installer with HTC Sync and Java v3.0 - 117 MB

*This is a pretty good size file but remember it also includes HTC Sync and Java within the installer.

*You cannot download Java and HTC Sync at the same time, so be patient.

*If you do not want to install HTC Sync but want the driver allow it to install them and then cancel out when asking to install HTC Sync.

*If you already have Java you can cancel out of the Java Installer.

**Download might take longer depending on your Internet Connection.

Please let me know what you think below.

Thanks!

Changelog:
v3.0 - Maintenance Update
v2.0 - Fixed Directory Issues
v1.0 - Initial Release

Also, here is a great tutorial brought to you by Captainkrtek.

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?p=9959449

The only difference in the tutorials is the path.

The path for adb with this installer will be: C:\sdk\platform-tools

*Big thanks to CoolSilver for helping me test this out

Last edited:

jaskru

May 23, 2010
This will help a lot of those I see struggling with root not knowing anything about sdk/adb. Great post. Perhaps linking a guide to adb will help people as well?

andrew8806

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2010
Dallas
Last edited:

arasky

Jan 16, 2011
failed msxml 4.0 sp3
failed windows media format 11 runtime

first time i ran with java installing also and nothing installed, so i reran it after and this time the first two failed, im assuming i do need both, should i get them from the source instead?

andrew8806

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2010
Dallas
failed msxml 4.0 sp3
failed windows media format 11 runtime

first time i ran with java installing also and nothing installed, so i reran it after and this time the first two failed, im assuming i do need both, should i get them from the source instead?

Hmm, strange. What version of Windows are you running?

Also, check to see whether you already have java installed. If you do then java is not necessary to complete the installation successfully.

arasky

Jan 16, 2011
Hmm, strange. What version of Windows are you running?

Also, check to see whether you already have java installed. If you do then java is not necessary to complete the installation successfully.

windows vista ultimate, im running it boot camp on my mac. its what i used when i rooted my droid back in the day. java was installed using the package above since the last time i used it was to root

Edit: using a different computer, running fine, thanks

Last edited:

andrew8806

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2010
Dallas
windows vista ultimate, im running it boot camp on my mac. its what i used when i rooted my droid back in the day. java was installed using the package above since the last time i used it was to root

Edit: using a different computer, running fine, thanks

Glad you were able to get it to work! :D

Strife21

Mar 24, 2011
Lansdale
Thanks I used this to help root my phone.

Only issue I notice is that when I click sdk manager.exe the console comes up shortly and dissappears after about 2 seconds. How do I fix this? Is it because your program only installs the non-jdk version of Java possibly?

Any tips would be appeciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **Microsoft Windows ONLY*

This installer is for new people looking to root their HTC Thunderbolt (not sure on other HTC devices but should work.) I compiled an SDK installer that installs all the necessary files to the directory of your choice (default C:\sdk) to your PC. This installer also includes HTC Sync for the Drivers as well as Java if you do not already have Java installed.

So if you're new to Android and want the tools to root, this might be the place to start before making that big step.

**If you have problems with it installing, try right clicking and running as administrator

Android SDK Installer with HTC Sync and Java v3.0 - 117 MB

*This is a pretty good size file but remember it also includes HTC Sync and Java within the installer.

*You cannot download Java and HTC Sync at the same time, so be patient.

*If you do not want to install HTC Sync but want the driver allow it to install them and then cancel out when asking to install HTC Sync.

*If you already have Java you can cancel out of the Java Installer.

**Download might take longer depending on your Internet Connection.

Please let me know what you think below.

Thanks!

Changelog:
    v3.0 - Maintenance Update
    v2.0 - Fixed Directory Issues
    v1.0 - Initial Release

Also, here is a great tutorial brought to you by Captainkrtek.

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?p=9959449

*Big thanks to CoolSilver for helping me test this out
    This will help a lot of those I see struggling with root not knowing anything about sdk/adb. Great post. Perhaps linking a guide to adb will help people as well?

Here is a great tutorial brought to you by Captainkrtek.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9959449

Sorry, was still uploading it. Its updated now.