Nexus 7 internal sd card.

Search This thread

enohand

Sep 24, 2010
Philly
Well here is a little teaser of my internal sd card slot for the nexus 7

I figured this was the best forum since it's original and I developed it.

More info coming later...

20120902_141929.jpg

20120902_142015.jpg

Sent from my S3 using xda app-developers app

GotLoveForAll

Mar 9, 2012
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!
no, wait...

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT VIDEO PROOF!

Last edited:

zubrug

Jan 25, 2010
Fantastic, does the back come off like a regular phone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Lozone

Apr 1, 2010
Columbus, OH
What are details?
Can we get some detailed instructions and can you show the storage on the screen?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using DroiDevs Premium Plus

slybunda

May 6, 2010
Dont see how this is possible thats the nfc unit where the sd card is being placed. No connectors are there to mount an sd card.

rebel1699

Feb 13, 2008
Oklahoma
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
Dont see how this is possible thats the nfc unit where the sd card is being placed. No connectors are there to mount an sd card.

It has nothing to do with nfc. That spot he is using is normally empty. It is where the rear camera would be, if it had one. Sheesh. He will most likely be running his wires from somewhere else, since he has to. Does not look wired as of yet.

iPad killing Nexus 7. Balls to the walls with 1.8Ghz.

Reactions: aksolanki

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Huh, I assumed that the n7 would support at least class four :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

enohand

Sep 24, 2010
Philly
Damn some of you are pain in the asses

The mod isn't done yet. I'm waiting on a mini voltage regulator to come in so I can finish soldering stuff up. That's why its a teaser

And to you people saying its BS..that the NFC is there...shut the F up, you have no fracking idea wtf you are talking about.

Also with the sdreader I'm currently using the pcb is a bit larger then I would like so it doesn't fit perfectly in the rear camera munt hole. I'm going to trim the board a bit to get it to fit snug. Or just get a new board made with a zif connector so I can connect a ribbon able.

I still have the same issue as others do with the sdcard not being read when plugged in. I figure I should be able to tap into the rear facing camera connector pads (the pin headers are there to the right of the sdreader under the sticker) but if I do that I might need some software to be able to handle it.

Also its hard without a data sheet for the board

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

HQRaja

Retired News Writer
Jan 27, 2008
Islamabad
hqraja.com
Comments by Jackasses and Development at XDA

It always pleases me immensely to come across such developments being made and shared here at XDA, even if I don't possess the device in question or don't have the necessary skills (or balls) to apply these hardware mods myself.

At the same time, it really saddens me to see many members here being total jackasses, responding rudely with their lameass remarks, downright DEMANDING the OP to release the work quickly, and even resorting to taunting them and calling it fake if it's taking them a while, when they have absolutely no idea about the whole thing themselves.

I am writing this post in support of all the developers like the OP here who are passionate enough about their devices to risk damaging them while applying such mods, and are more than happy to share the fruits of their labor here with the community, all without expecting ANY monetary compensation except for the appreciation of those they are kind enough to share their work with. It is completely uncalled for of the jackasses to behave rudely to them, while they are themselves not doing anything other than being free-riders, not contributing anything positive to the community, and at the same time spreading negativity with their crappy behavior.

While making use of the developments here without contributing any developments of your own is fine because obviously not everyone has the required time or skills for all of this, it's simply unacceptable to contribute negatively to a community that gives you so much for free due to the generosity of others, without asking you for anything in return. Heck, you don't even have to thank or reply at all if you choose not to; if you can't say anything positive, you can still just make use of all the developments here silently without saying anything at all. While it is encouraged and much appreciated, there's still no rule or obligation on showing appreciation being mandatory. Just don't go about being jackasses and being rude to the developers at least!

OP and other developers out there, please don't let what such jackasses say keep you from what you're doing. While there may be many of them around, there are still many of us who genuinely appreciate your work and understand the effort you put into it. Kudos to you, and thank you for making XDA what it is.

Before I finish my rant, I would request the moderators to be more strict towards such jackasses, as they contribute nothing positive here and at the same time likely drive potential developers away and harm XDA because frankly speaking, who would want to share the fruits of their labor for free with those who don't show appreciation and respond back in such a way?

Last edited:

32BitWhore

Aug 31, 2011
Great work so far. Can't wait to see a write-up once you're finished. I'm not so steady with a soldering iron, but depending on what the procedure is I might give it a shot if it works well.

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

TheBigX

Aug 14, 2010
+1

--@ Thread starter

I like your work.
If possible, could you be so nice and put a detailed howto into your OP, with the exactly used parts (maybe links to buy it?!).

With this, i would be happy to mod my Nexus too :)

But, take your time. No one's forcing you to do this.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Comments by Jackasses and Development at XDA

It always pleases me immensely to come across such developments being made and shared here at XDA, even if I don't possess the device in question or don't have the necessary skills (or balls) to apply these hardware mods myself.

At the same time, it really saddens me to see many members here being total jackasses, responding rudely with their lameass remarks, downright DEMANDING the OP to release the work quickly, and even resorting to taunting them and calling it fake if it's taking them a while, when they have absolutely no idea about the whole thing themselves.

I am writing this post in support of all the developers like the OP here who are passionate enough about their devices to risk damaging them while applying such mods, and are more than happy to share the fruits of their labor here with the community, all without expecting ANY monetary compensation except for the appreciation of those they are kind enough to share their work with. It is completely uncalled for of the jackasses to behave rudely to them, while they are themselves not doing anything other than being free-riders, not contributing anything positive to the community, and at the same time spreading negativity with their crappy behavior.

While making use of the developments here without contributing any developments of your own is fine because obviously not everyone has the required time or skills for all of this, it's simply unacceptable to contribute negatively to a community that gives you so much for free due to the generosity of others, without asking you for anything in return. Heck, you don't even have to thank or reply at all if you choose not to; if you can't say anything positive, you can still just make use of all the developments here silently without saying anything at all. While it is encouraged and much appreciated, there's still no rule or obligation on showing appreciation being mandatory. Just don't go about being jackasses and being rude to the developers at least!

OP and other developers out there, please don't let what such jackasses say keep you from what you're doing. While there may be many of them around, there are still many of us who genuinely appreciate your work and understand the effort you put into it. Kudos to you, and thank you for making XDA what it is.

Before I finish my rant, I would request the moderators to be more strict towards such jackasses, as they contribute nothing positive here and at the same time likely drive potential developers away and harm XDA because frankly speaking, who would want to share the fruits of their labor for free with those who don't show appreciation and respond back in such a way?
    Well here is a little teaser of my internal sd card slot for the nexus 7

I figured this was the best forum since it's original and I developed it.

More info coming later...

20120902_141929.jpg

20120902_142015.jpg

Sent from my S3 using xda app-developers app
    Damn some of you are pain in the asses

The mod isn't done yet. I'm waiting on a mini voltage regulator to come in so I can finish soldering stuff up. That's why its a teaser

And to you people saying its BS..that the NFC is there...shut the F up, you have no fracking idea wtf you are talking about.

Also with the sdreader I'm currently using the pcb is a bit larger then I would like so it doesn't fit perfectly in the rear camera munt hole. I'm going to trim the board a bit to get it to fit snug. Or just get a new board made with a zif connector so I can connect a ribbon able.

I still have the same issue as others do with the sdcard not being read when plugged in. I figure I should be able to tap into the rear facing camera connector pads (the pin headers are there to the right of the sdreader under the sticker) but if I do that I might need some software to be able to handle it.

Also its hard without a data sheet for the board

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    don't have a nexus 7 (hoping to buy one soon), but a 3.7V power source will not power a flash drive, Just tried with an old 64MB flash drive by clipping the 2 power pins then attaching some wires then taping it to a 3.7V cellphone battery while connected to a USB extension cable. the light comes on but the computer doesn't detect the drive.

3.3V should actually be enough to power an SDCard. I use a microSD in a data logger with an Arduino and this setup is just working fine.
    It would be interesting to see if a normal microSD to SDCard adapter is small enough to fit the space, as it's a really cheap way to interface these little cards.

Might want to check these two websites:
    http://elasticsheep.com/2010/04/teensy2-usb-mass-storage-with-an-sd-card/
    http://www.frank-zhao.com/cache/fat_sd.php

If we can find 4 free IO pins and a nice Kernel dev, there might be a chance to get it working.

Edit: I think this explains it quite good:
    sd-teensy2-schematic.png
    I don't consider this trolling, its stating a fact. Without proof you can only act on the evidence given. It looks fake

running test & probing the board & having a temp 2gb card, plus a card reader connected on my bread board tyring to get this thing to work properly means its fake?

how so...

why would i post pics of it all connected to the bread baords since that is only for testing,...i rather show a pic of what it WILL look like once im finished...

so go troll somwhere else