[Q] Flashing S6000-F with Yoga 10" 4.4 Rom

Search This thread

htp24

Aug 30, 2014
Hello all,

The Yoga 10 and S6000-F seem to share the exact same specs (aside from the batteries), so the question is whether one could safely flash the 4.4 rom onto the S6000 to partake in the Kitkat goodness?

I don't believe this question has been asked before, but if it was, my apologies in advance. Thank you.

adrian.aitken

Sep 28, 2013
I've a spare s6000 I'm willing to try it on if someone could point me to KK download and a guide to install it. I'm used to CWM/TWRP so not a complete n00b but have only rooted my s6000.

Anyone? Willing to accept CWM backup of your tablet if you've just wiped it before doing a backup.

Many thanks
Adrian

Last edited:
Reactions: willgreg21

adrian.aitken

Sep 28, 2013
Finally managed to download the Yoga firmware from the Russian site. Tried to install just the boot.img and recovery.img - borked the tablet. Fortunately I know how to use fastboot and managed to recovery it with a backup I made earlier.
So, it might be possible mucking about with scatter files etc but just a plain old install won't work. You have been warned.

Many thanks
Adrian

griffin88

Jul 28, 2014
Thank you very much for your try. Too bad just the install of Yoga firmware didn't work, maybe that would have been a to easy solution for us S6000 user. :laugh:
So there's no much hope left for an upgrade or custom firmware left I think.

adrian.aitken

Sep 28, 2013
Android L should be out soon so I've started looking at that. Ideally MTK will release the proper drivers etc. - here's hoping...

Many thanks
Adrian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've a spare s6000 I'm willing to try it on if someone could point me to KK download and a guide to install it. I'm used to CWM/TWRP so not a complete n00b but have only rooted my s6000.

Anyone? Willing to accept CWM backup of your tablet if you've just wiped it before doing a backup.

Many thanks
    Adrian