[MOD][2.2+] Skype 4.7.0.43514 (v22b) / fixes, extra features & more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

theos0o

Dec 26, 2010
Sitia
v11 release

My builds REQUIRE Android 2.3.x!

Changes compared to v10:
~ Added "Enable portrait video-calling" option
~ Added "Prefer fullscreen incoming video" option

Basic features:
- Works with devices with no camera, incompatible CPU (no video-calling of course!)
- Works with devices with only one camera
- Works with devices with 2 cameras
- No autostart by default (you can select if you want Skype to start on boot // if skype keeps autostarting randomly, disable skype contacts' sync through Skype settings!)
- Exit button!
- Colorful status icons at notifications bar
- Bluetooth audio (while in-call tap options key and then "Toggle BT Audio". You need to have an active connection with a BT headset first, of course!)
- Camera flash support (just tap "Toggle Flash" under in-call options menu!)
- Portrait video-call support!
- Some other under-the-hood fixes (ringtone follows ringer rules, vibration follows sound profile rules, vibration works even on normal ringer mode, speaker toggle under in-call options menu)

Has a new settings screen, ADVANCED SETTINGS, where you can customize things!
Just press the options key on your device and then tap Advanced Settings.

To get video-calling, if it's not enabled by default, just check "Enable video calling" in Skype settings!!! If there's no such option in Skype settings, then use the "Force-enable video-calling" toggle in Advanced Settings

If you don't see some of the settings below, they're not supported on your camera/device.
(Unsupported focus/other modes may lead to black camera image, just pick another or revert to "Default"!)

Additional settings available:
- Force-enable video-calling, will force Skype enable video-calling function
- Force-enable both cameras, for Galaxy Tab P1000/other devices - needs testing
- Keep screen alive, will prevent screen from going off when in audio-calls
- Avoid setFPS, fix for some users with black image on their cameras
- Use valid preview surface, fix for some users with black image on their cameras (for example Droid 3 users)
- Use fixed camera IDs, for users that their phones detect both cameras as rear-facing or both as front-facing
- Enable portrait video-calling, will enable portrait mode in video-calls
- Prefer fullscreen incoming video, will not let Skype swap video feeds, so that incoming video stays fullscreen, unless you double tap the small video-window
- Flip incoming video-image, will flip (mirror) incoming video feed!
- Autostart on boot, will start Skype when your phone boots up
- Enable verbose logging, will force Skype log more information
- Herotab/Dropad FC fix, for users of this tablet, fixes FC when tapping video-call button

@ Camera settings
-- Camera resolution picker (Black camera image or zoomed image? Try "Force 320x240"!)
-- Focus Mode
-- Color Effect
-- Scene Mode
-- White Balance
-- Rotation (will rotate your camera image - thanks to droidrx)
-- Flip image you see
-- Flip both image you see and send

@ Audio settings
-- Ringtone picker, choose your own sound for incoming calls!
-- Notification sound picker, choose your own notification sound!
-- Disable vibration entirely
-- Disable sign-in/out vibration
-- Notification vibration pattern, customize vibration!
-- Disable sign-in/out sounds
-- Prefer Bluetooth Audio, will automatically try to enable BT audio when a call is answered
-- Force speaker off after skype calls, if your speaker stays enabled after skype calls
-- Use MODE_IN_CALL, for devices with audio problems (like ZTE Blade)

You need to uninstall skype app, then install my APK, unless you're already running one of my builds!
If you have force-closes or issues, try wiping skype app data using Titanium backup and reinstall.

Grab it: View attachment Skype_2.1.0.46_v11.rar (.rar) / MultiUpload (.apk)

Here's v11 source code, in case anyone's interested to take a look: View attachment v11_mod_source.rar

Feedback is welcome, along with logs!
:)

Older builds (based on v2.1.0.46): v07 / v08 / v09 / v10
Older builds (based on v2.0.0.47): v01 / v02 / v03 / v04 / v05 / v06

You can thank me by pushing thanks or even better donate! :p

knightz01

Jun 30, 2011
Portsmouth
Hi & Thanks

Works well on both front & back camera's, one small observation only is while using portrait mode & the front camera the senders video does not take up all of the small white frame & is off to the right, landscape is perfect, not bothered about looking at me so no worries lol, the back camera is fine & does not show this behavour in portrait/landscape modes

Hope this helps in some way & a BIG Thanks again

HTC Sensation

jiminee

Aug 17, 2011
Get a CRC error on the rar but the apk file is fine!

Great work, will be testing this evening hopefully...

Sent from my SK17i

theos0o

Dec 26, 2010
Sitia
Hi & Thanks

Works well on both front & back camera's, one small observation only is while using portrait mode & the front camera the senders video does not take up all of the small white frame & is off to the right, landscape is perfect, not bothered about looking at me so no worries lol, the back camera is fine & does not show this behavour in portrait/landscape modes

Hope this helps in some way & a BIG Thanks again

HTC Sensation

Yeah I know.
Won't bother with that.

Remember, it's not native portrait, it's hacked ;)

barty22

Jan 4, 2008
Thanks theos0o! For me this time just comments about the portrait feature;

- works pretty well, but the incoming video is zoomed quite a bit, there is image missing on all four sides...
- the preview window doesn't rotate or move to another place in portrait mode (didn't expect it to either), but also shows my own video upside down and mirrored (only in portrait mode). The outgoing video is the same as my preview window, so also wrong. Does this require new settings for the image rotation & flip settings for PORTRAIT MODE as well?
-of course the in-call menu (android options) is not changed to portrait.

just nitpicking :) thx a lot again dude!

theos0o

Dec 26, 2010
Sitia
- works pretty well, but the incoming video is zoomed quite a bit, there is image missing on all four sides...

Yeah, I did that on purpose.
I think it's better cutting off some of the image on the edges, rather than having huge black bars up & down and be using 10% of the screen :D

- the preview window doesn't rotate or move to another place in portrait mode (didn't expect it to either), but also shows my own video upside down and mirrored (only in portrait mode). The outgoing video is the same as my preview window, so also wrong. Does this require new settings for the image rotation & flip settings for PORTRAIT MODE as well?

This must be the issue with your ROM/phone.
Did you try both front and rear cam?

-of course the in-call menu (android options) is not changed to portrait.

Yep, details.. :p

Last edited:

DuhDroid

Aug 22, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Skype on Coby Kyros mid7022

Hey BIG thanks for the Skype apk development. I have downloaded and used v10 and it works. Sounds like you have addressed some issues I had i.e., portrait sending video, and small to large screen toggle.

The only other issue I have is that my sending video has blocks of faded color, shades of gray and light green. I have moved my color setting to Mono so now I am broadcasting in black and white. Its better, but full color would be awesome.

I am running 2.3.3 on a 7 inch Coby Kyros tablet.

Great Job theos0o!

DuhDroid

Aug 22, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Is there a way to get outgoing/sending video color ? My camera has no issues with color snapshots or other video. Incoming video on Skype is in color though. I saw that one user in another forum had to uninstall your v10 before he could download the new version v11.

Do we all need to do this? I thought you previously said we could overlay the new version (v11 on top of v10) if we already ad your apk.

Last edited:

denisiel

Feb 7, 2011
Hi - I installed the standard Skype 2.1.0.46 a few weeks ago but during voice calls (not using video) it kept crashing and an uninstall and reinstall screen kept popping up after each crash. After weeks of reinstalling and clearing data and cache, I wiped that version of Skype with Titanium Backup and installed your version 11 with the apk. But now Skype crashes every few minutes even without being in a call or chat. I see your Advanced Settings Tab so I know it is version 11.

I have an AT&T Samsung Captivate on CyanogenMod and all other programs work fine. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!

theos0o

Dec 26, 2010
Sitia
Is there a way to get outgoing/sending video color ? My camera has no issues with color snapshots or other video. Incoming video on Skype is in color though. I saw that one user in another forum had to uninstall your v10 before he could download the new version v11.

Do we all need to do this? I thought you previously said we could overlay the new version (v11 on top of v10) if we already ad your apk.

Correct.
You can install the newer version, without uninstalling, if you're running one of my previous builds.

Can you play a bit with advanced settings and see if you can get color video?
Try "Use valid preview surface" etc.

Hi - I installed the standard Skype 2.1.0.46 a few weeks ago but during voice calls (not using video) it kept crashing and an uninstall and reinstall screen kept popping up after each crash. After weeks of reinstalling and clearing data and cache, I wiped that version of Skype with Titanium Backup and installed your version 11 with the apk. But now Skype crashes every few minutes even without being in a call or chat. I see your Advanced Settings Tab so I know it is version 11.

I have an AT&T Samsung Captivate on CyanogenMod and all other programs work fine. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!

There have been reports about this.
All of them were from CM users.

No idea. :(

Last edited:

eezdva

Jun 24, 2011
Amsterdam
Hey I almost want to kiss you hahaha. Portait calling. Wow :)

One little thing on my SGS2 the volume is very low. Can't really hear the other person unless I use earphones. But for the rest it is flawless....

theos0o

Dec 26, 2010
Sitia
Hey I almost want to kiss you hahaha. Portait calling. Wow :)

One little thing on my SGS2 the volume is very low. Can't really hear the other person unless I use earphones. But for the rest it is flawless....

Maybe audio is coming from the front speaker?
Did you try the in-call speaker toggle?

DuhDroid

Aug 22, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Correct.
You can install the newer version, without uninstalling, if you're running one of my previous builds.

Can you play a bit with advanced settings and see if you can get color video?
Try "Use valid preview surface" etc.

There have been reports about this.
All of them were from CM users.

No idea. :(

I have the "use valid preview surface" checked as well as "avoid setFPS" and "Force-enable video-calling" so all 3 are cheked.

If they aren't I have no video sending image at all. Color is still showing in in blocks of gray and green. I have also tried changing the color in the settings, but only the mono =black and white gives the best sending video picture. All the rest are color blocks. Let me know your thoughts about how I might get color video when sending

I did successfully overlay v11 on top of v10. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello-hello!

So here is Skype with some fixes, added features and support for video-calling on more devices!

Read more / Grab it:
    Build v22

*REMEMBER: You need to uninstall original skype app first, then install my apk!
    Skype 4.0.0.17847 modded (build v20 *BETA*) !

Changelog:
    ~ Based on latest skype release v4.0.0.17847

Changes compared to original Skype:
    • Exit button (kills app & service)
    Advanced Settings:
    → Keep screen alive, disables proximity sensor for calls
    → Advanced camera settings (resolution/focus/scene/white balance/color effect)
    Ringtone picker!
    Notification sound picker!
    Notifications' vibration pattern picker!
    'Away' and 'Do not disturb' status added back
    → Disable vibration entirely
    → Disable sign-in/out sounds​

Older builds

Based on v3.2.0.6673: v19.1 / v19
    Based on v3.0.0.6181: v18 / v18.1
    Based on v2.9.0.315: v17
    Based on v2.8.0.920: v15 / v16
    Based on v2.7.0.907: v14
    Based on v2.6.0.95: v13
    Based on v2.5.0.108: v12
    Based on v2.1.0.46: v07 / v08 / v09 / v10 / v11
    Based on v2.0.0.47: v01 / v02 / v03 / v04 / v05 / v06

Wanna thank me? Press "Thanks", or even better "Donate" :D
    Skype 2.9.0.315 mod - v17

Skype 2.9.0.315 modded (build v17) !

Changelog:
    ~ Based on new Skype build 2.9.0.315

• Minor fixes here and there (vibration, chat, video-calls)
    • Speaker toggle while in call (just press your phone's MENU button)
    • Bluetooth audio toggle while in call (just press your phone's MENU button), uses *my* code for BT Audio, so you can try it for mono headsets or headsets that don't work with Skype's original BT support
    • Camera LED/flash support while in video-call (just press your phone's MENU button)
    Advanced Settings:
    → Sign-in status picker, allows you to pick your desired status (availability), which will be applied automatically just after logging-in.
    → Force-enable video-calling, for phones that can't get video-calling enabled.
    *Video-calling needs compatible CPU (ARMv7). If your phone's CPU is not compatible, Skype will keep crashing/looping at login!*
    → Force enable camera rotation, will attempt to enable camera rotate option (under the camera selection popup)
    → Avoid setFPS, for some users that get black image in video-calls
    → Use valid preview surface, for some users that get black image in video-calls (a bit buggy at the moment, but better than nothing ;))
    → Prefer full-screen incoming video, won't allow your back camera image to take the whole screen leaving the incoming image minimized
    → Force notification LED/BLN, for users that "Pulse notification light" option (in Skype original settings) doesn't actually enable notification LEDs or BLN!
    Ringtone picker!
    → Disable sign-in/out vibration and/or sounds
    → Verbose logging, use it for debugging, when capturing logs​

Download
    v17 (.apk)

Older builds

Enjoy!
    Skype 4.7.0.43514 modded (build v22 *BETA*) !

Changelog:
    ~ Based on latest skype release v4.7.0.43514
    ~ Allows you to run video-calls in background as a floating window on phones

'Away' and 'Do not disturb' status added back
    • Fixed notification vibration for "Normal" sound profile
    • Allows you to run video-calls in background on phones (Settings → Display video calls in the background)
    Advanced Settings:
    Ringtone picker!
    → Disable sign-in/out sounds​

Older builds

Based on v4.5.0.39600: v21
    Based on v4.0.0.17847: v20
    Based on v3.2.0.6673: v19.1 / v19
    Based on v3.0.0.6181: v18 / v18.1
    Based on v2.9.0.315: v17

Skype 2.8.0.920 modded (build v16) !

Skype 2.8.0.920 modded (build v16) !

Changelog:
    ~ (Video-calls) Small preview window is now movable
    ~ (Chat) Smiley button now won't hide your keyboard
    ~ (Icons) Fixed (colored) xhdpi status bar icons
    ~ (Advanced Settings) Now follows Skype styling :p
    ~ (Advanced Settings) Added 'Sign-in status' option
    ~ (Advanced Settings) Added 'Stop BT audio' option
    ~ Minor bug-fixes

• Colorful notification bar status icons
    • Minor fixes here and there (vibration, chat, video-calls)
    • Speaker toggle while in call (just press your phone's MENU button)
    • Bluetooth audio toggle while in call (just press your phone's MENU button), uses *my* code for BT Audio, so you can try it for mono headsets or headsets that don't work with Skype's original BT support
    • Camera LED/flash support while in video-call (just press your phone's MENU button)
    Advanced Settings:
    → Sign-in status picker, allows you to pick your desired status (availability), which will be applied automatically just after logging-in.
    → Force-enable video-calling, for phones that can't get video-calling enabled.
    *Video-calling needs compatible CPU (ARMv7). If your phone's CPU is not compatible, Skype will keep crashing/looping at login!*
    → Force enable camera rotation, will attempt to enable camera rotate option (under the camera selection popup)
    → Avoid setFPS, for some users that get black image in video-calls
    → Prefer full-screen incoming video, won't allow your back camera image to take the whole screen leaving the incoming image minimized
    → Force notification LED/BLN, for users that "Pulse notification light" option (in Skype original settings) doesn't actually enable notification LEDs or BLN!
    → Advanced camera settings (focus/scene/white balance/color effect)
    Ringtone picker!
    → Disable sign-in/out vibration and/or sounds
    → Verbose logging, use it for debugging, when capturing logs​

Download
    Advanced Settings with Skype theme (recommended for ICS): v16 (.apk)

Advanced Settings with no theme (recommended for Gingerbread): v16 black (.apk)

Older builds
    Based on v2.8.0.920: v15

Enjoy!