MTP issue on kitkat

Search This thread

joesalve

Feb 26, 2012
Hi everyone..i just wanna ask if you having trouble with mtp in kitkat.my phone seems not recognize by my pc even if what rom i used..i tried all the best solution out there..plzz help me..thx..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DR3W5K1

Aug 25, 2012
Hi everyone..i just wanna ask if you having trouble with mtp in kitkat.my phone seems not recognize by my pc even if what rom i used..i tried all the best solution out there..plzz help me..thx..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Check your drivers in windows. Also make sure you are NOT using fast charge.

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
I bet it is the cable. I had the same issue. Go to device manager and enable "show hidden devices". Then delete every driver that has something to do with your phone. Then plug your phone in with a diffrent cable. Worked for me. Also you can try to enable or disable usb debugging.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Brad92

Brad92

Sep 7, 2012
I have the same issue. Gonna try deleting drivers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

judson75

Jan 25, 2014
I had a similar issue. I couldn't get the phone to be recognized on my work PC (using a cable that has always worked) or at home on Mac using Android file transfer and a different cable. What I think happened in my case is that I was connected to my PC in MTP mode then I unselected MTP so that neither MTP nor PTP was selected. That is what was aiming for (I only wanted to charge not connect). Though then when I went to plug in later as described above nothing came up. I looked all over for the USB settings to change it back to MTP but couldn't find it. I am sure it is there somewhere.

Anyways, after rebooting several times with no luck, I went nuclear (factory reset) which did the trick. I am running Shiny 4.4.2 and have had a pretty buggy go of it. I am likely switching ROMs, not that this necessarily has anything to do with it.

Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bet it is the cable. I had the same issue. Go to device manager and enable "show hidden devices". Then delete every driver that has something to do with your phone. Then plug your phone in with a diffrent cable. Worked for me. Also you can try to enable or disable usb debugging.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app