[Q] [XGO][CM11] Battery Life

Search This thread

jebediaah

Apr 16, 2014
I installed CM11 for XGo from here
http://xdaforums.com/xperia-u/go-development/rom-unofficial-cyanogenmod-11-0-t2627231

The battery life is not as good as the stock ROM, I have found. Is this the case with other people?
I used to lose about 7% battery through the day, now its like 12%. I can live with that.

But when I'm actually using the phone, it drops 3-4% every ten minutes. I have played with CPU governors and it's gotten a tad better, but I was wondering if anyone else has this problm and if not could someone please post a link to help me? or something...

thanks.

speedyxvn

Oct 14, 2013
Eindhoven
I installed CM11 for XGo from here
http://xdaforums.com/xperia-u/go-development/rom-unofficial-cyanogenmod-11-0-t2627231

The battery life is not as good as the stock ROM, I have found. Is this the case with other people?
I used to lose about 7% battery through the day, now its like 12%. I can live with that.

But when I'm actually using the phone, it drops 3-4% every ten minutes. I have played with CPU governors and it's gotten a tad better, but I was wondering if anyone else has this problm and if not could someone please post a link to help me? or something...

thanks.

I believe NovaThor chipsets are already old to think that last Android version would create a real benefit. Google optimized Android for better RAM usage together with parallel processing considering the newer chipsets with more cores (that have Quad Core A7). I went back to stock (having the Xperia P). If you want a phone that works extremely well with Android KitKat (performance and battery) you should try to find one with chipsed anounced in late 2012 or 2013.

jebediaah

Apr 16, 2014
Ahh thanks. I understand its a loaded question, but which version of android do you think would be better for the XGo? Stoxk only goes up to jellybean, do you think cm10 would be better for battery life?

Thanks.