NFC services draining my battery

Search This thread

Brian23

Apr 27, 2014
I just got the Sprint GS5 last week and have been slowly Turning OFF some of the bloat ware and downloading apps that I use. The past couple of days I have noticed that I charge my phone to %100 before I go to bed. I sleep for like 5 hours and when I wake up my phone has dropped to %89 battery. I went to settings>battery and have noticed that NFC services is causing the most batter drain....even though I have turned it off, forced stop and turned of S beam. I have also tried to turn it off and then reboot and charge phone, but I still see the NFC services draining my battery. Can someone please help?

slickdealers

Nov 1, 2012
I just got the Sprint GS5 last week and have been slowly Turning OFF some of the bloat ware and downloading apps that I use. The past couple of days I have noticed that I charge my phone to %100 before I go to bed. I sleep for like 5 hours and when I wake up my phone has dropped to %89 battery. I went to settings>battery and have noticed that NFC services is causing the most batter drain....even though I have turned it off, forced stop and turned of S beam. I have also tried to turn it off and then reboot and charge phone, but I still see the NFC services draining my battery. Can someone please help?

I personally do not use NFC so I just froze the service in Titanium Backup.

slickdealers

Nov 1, 2012
I am not rooted and it won't let me turn nfc off. When I click on the tab in settings, it is gray and "on". It won't let me change it.

That is odd. You should be able to toggle it off in the settings. uploadfromtaptalk1398618585012.jpg

slickdealers

Nov 1, 2012
Yeah, I know but when I go to that screen, it is grayed out and I can't toggle to off. It's also the cause of my battery drain. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried turning off the phone and pulling the battery? If that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of is a factory reset.