Nexus 5 wifi problem

Search This thread

sizon199

May 3, 2014
So i got my nexus 5 yesterday and i m satisfied so far but..Today i was in my class and the other students told me that there is wifi spot nearby that we could use.But my nexus 5 couldnt find it at all even when i moved near it. The android phones of the other people(galaxy s3 mini,lg g1 etc) could connect to it with 2 bars signal. Soo my question.. Why was nexus 5 the only phone that couldnt find the wifi spot?

emmanuel_baez

Jun 18, 2013
Boston
So i got my nexus 5 yesterday and i m satisfied so far but..Today i was in my class and the other students told me that there is wifi spot nearby that we could use.But my nexus 5 couldnt find it at all even when i moved near it. The android phones of the other people(galaxy s3 mini,lg g1 etc) could connect to it with 2 bars signal. Soo my question.. Why was nexus 5 the only phone that couldnt find the wifi spot?

Could be a few things that come to my mind.

1) Your phone was set to only connect to 5ghz wifi routers and this router was not 5ghz capable
2) Your phone was set to block open networks

Try adjusting these setting and see if it would work again

Reactions: sizon199

sizon199

May 3, 2014

1) Your phone was set to only connect to 5ghz wifi routers and this router was not 5ghz capable

Turns out it was the lack of sim. I didnt have a sim card in my phone since i got it late in the evening. I went the next day to get a sim,i insterted it into the phone and zing! Many more wifi networks are available to me now,including that one i had problem with.

emmanuel_baez

Jun 18, 2013
Boston
Turns out it was the lack of sim. I didnt have a sim card in my phone since i got it late in the evening. I went the next day to get a sim,i insterted it into the phone and zing! Many more wifi networks are available to me now,including that one i had problem with.

That's very odd haha well at least it's working 100% enjoy it my friend :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.