[Q] How to mute camera sounds? LG G2 D802 EU

Search This thread

AngryMister

Mar 28, 2014
I need to mute camera sounds on my LG G2 D802 european version. There's no mute button in camera options and I need to mute camera sounds (Android 4.4.2 KitKat) WITHOUT ROOT!

Henkiestyle

Feb 2, 2014
Amersfoort, NL
I had the same issue and I noticed, like Wally79 says, that the sound goes off whenever you put it in quiet mode.
Though putting your device into quiet mode every time before you launch the camera is a pain. So I downloaded and installed Llama, which allows you to set up automation rules, like "when I open camera, put phone in quiet mode". This automates the process and you will never heard a sound from your camera again ;)

MichaelFreeman

Jun 9, 2014
Put the phone in Quiet Mode, this disables the camera click sound.

Not with my UK EE LG G2 it does NOT! It's updated to Kit Kat 4.2.2 Android BTW.
Is there not another way of deleting 'cameraclick.ogg' without rooting the phone? Rooting the phone for something like this is rather time consuming and a bit of a joke IMHO.
'Silent Camera' does not work either as I normally use Camera Zoom FX (brilliant!).

I keep wondering why, in this day and age that phone companies still want to keep so much control when they know you cannot leave them and the inbuilt technology makes it nigh on impossible to sell the phone whilst in contract.

Michael

Last edited:
B

bachera

Not with my UK EE LG G2 it does NOT! It's updated to Kit Kat 4.2.2 Android BTW.
Is there not another way of deleting 'cameraclick.ogg' without rooting the phone? Rooting the phone for something like this is rather time consuming and a bit of a joke IMHO.
'Silent Camera' does not work either as I normally use Camera Zoom FX (brilliant!).

I keep wondering why, in this day and age that phone companies still want to keep so much control when they know you cannot leave them and the inbuilt technology makes it nigh on impossible to sell the phone whilst in contract.

Michael

wel thats not entirely right, its not LG, its local lobyist/politics for country version phone that dont want people taking photos unnoticed.

B

bachera

Google. For a phone thats out a while a lot of info exists.

fist one that always works and has been mentioned is put phone on quit mode
second is root, custom recover and then get xdaddeb mods
third, fourth and fifth are posted across the forum from apps to changing certain files.