[Q/A] LG Optimus-One/ V / T / S (Ask related questions here before making a thread)

Search This thread

terratrix

Jun 9, 2011
Singapore
Hello.....
Friends, i m new to this topic....
I tried to root my device with z4 root and Gingerbreak but both did not worked for me. I kept usb debugging mode enabled.
Phone information:
LG P500
Android Version: 2.3.3
Kernel version : 2.6.35.10-perf
Lg-electronics@INFBA0009 #1
Build Number: GRI40
Software Version: LG-P500-V20B

Please help me...

Thank you

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Try this method

How to root LG Optimus One P500 on gingerbread 2.3.3

1. Be sure that you have installed the original V20 GB ROM

2. if you have it installed and tried different methods to root on it do a factory reset before trying this one

3. Be absolutely sure that you have all the phone-drivers installed when working with the phone in USB debugging mode, if not install them (http://www.mediafire.com/file/t3gvrb...ML_Ver_1.0.msi)

4. Download SuperOneClickv1.9.5-ShortFuse (http://xdaforums.com/atta...5&d=1307984755), after download extract the files into a folder with the same name as the archive.

5. After you extracted the files, go to C:\Windows\System32 and copy the cmd.exe to the folder where you extracted the files, in my case C:\Users\myuser\Desktop\SuperOneClickv1.9.5-ShortFuse\ADB.

6. Enter the phone settings menu, to the Development and tick the USB debugging mode. Connect the USB cable to the phone, wait until it recognizes it

7. right click on cmd.exe from the ADB folder, Run as administrator, than write:
adb devices
adb shell
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf (do not close the window)

8. Leave the settings to the SuperOneClick as they are when it opens, click on ROOT and wait, it will say Starting ADB server..., than it will do it's job and than it will appear Waiting for device... it will say ok --- if it freezes while running psneuter do the following:

a. Turn USB Debugging OFF wait until it will appear in the window again Starting ADB server..., after that,
b. Turn USB Debugging ON, and after this trick it will start rooting.

Reactions: gaarapt

vj_dustin

Dec 7, 2010
uktopgear.blogspot.com
Isnt conservative governor supposed to save more battery :|
i used my cell almost half of what i usually use and faced almost equal battery drain..
though earlier
1. i used to go with smartass and now am on conservative..
2. Also, i was on mik before and now am on Oxygen..

so whats the most battery saving governor actually?

DJBhardwaj

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4
Isnt conservative governor supposed to save more battery :|
i used my cell almost half of what i usually use and faced almost equal battery drain..
though earlier
1. i used to go with smartass and now am on conservative..
2. Also, i was on mik before and now am on Oxygen..

so whats the most battery saving governor actually?
For me InteractiveX gives me the best battery life with smooth UI ;-)

thedave9081

Apr 17, 2011
pensacola fl
I don't know much about this device
but found something that might help
browse this website and learn more about your device ;)
I think its a region specific model name
web sight was no help what so ever, just a bunch of apple articles all spidered under no leget titles to what i can see. anyways, thanks anyways for the help. i dont know about being a regon spesific modle number but I have come up with using gingerbreak over an adb developer bridge

more information about my device
Modle number LGL55C
Android version 2.3.4
Baseband version LGL55C_6170
Kernel version 2.6.35.7 lge@android-build #2
Build number GRJ22
Software version LGL55CV1

This is the lg optimus q from straight talk.
seems to me alot like the lg optimus one. with the actual buttons and the slightly small screen. so dose anyone have any ideas besides my idea to gingerbreak over an adb bridge?

update an hour or so later
so the optimus v on verizion is apparently the other dcma version of this with the optimus one and optimus t being gsm versions of the same device, mine, the q has a full qwerty keyboard. i will continue investigations

on looking at the root page for the optimus v i have descovered the need to make an adb bridge as before mentioned, however when i type into cmd shell it dose not give me the responces i want. more like error or file not found ect. and i am in the right directory.

i instalked the java and android sdk managment to see if it will help

anyways, twenty mins later

no luck on adb bridge says device not found. changed ports, decice not found

went to lg to get drivers
they dont even have my phone on there sight
but if u go to the walmart sight u can find it under the straght talk phones

PLEASE HELP
ACS PLEASE HELP
ANYONE PLEASE HELP
YES YOU TECNO GEEK PLEASE HELP
I thought i was geeky but apparently not enuff

Last edited:
Reactions: DJBhardwaj

DJBhardwaj

Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4
web sight was no help what so ever, just a bunch of apple articles all spidered under no leget titles to what i can see. anyways, thanks anyways for the help. i dont know about being a regon spesific modle number but I have come up with using gingerbreak over an adb developer bridge

more information about my device
Modle number LGL55C
Android version 2.3.4
Baseband version LGL55C_6170
Kernel version 2.6.35.7 lge@android-build #2
Build number GRJ22
Software version LGL55CV1

This is the lg optimus q from straight talk.
seems to me alot like the lg optimus one. with the actual buttons and the slightly small screen. so dose anyone have any ideas besides my idea to gingerbreak over an adb bridge?

update an hour or so later
so the optimus v on verizion is apparently the other dcma version of this with the optimus one and optimus t being gsm versions of the same device, mine, the q has a full qwerty keyboard. i will continue investigations

on looking at the root page for the optimus v i have descovered the need to make an adb bridge as before mentioned, however when i type into cmd shell it dose not give me the responces i want. more like error or file not found ect. and i am in the right directory.

i instalked the java and android sdk managment to see if it will help

anyways, twenty mins later

no luck on adb bridge says device not found. changed ports, decice not found

went to lg to get drivers
they dont even have my phone on there sight
but if u go to the walmart sight u can find it under the straght talk phones

PLEASE HELP
ACS PLEASE HELP
ANYONE PLEASE HELP
YES YOU TECNO GEEK PLEASE HELP
I thought i was geeky but apparently not enuff

I don't get your thing about the drivers, so you wanna say that you can't connect your phone to pc in mass storage mode ?

Via LG Optimus-One reloaded with CM7

ojobinv

Nov 13, 2011
ernakulam
volume switch is not changing according to orientation.

in my lg optimus one (2.3.3 v20c india),volume switch is not changing when the phone is positioned to horizontal orientation.earlier at the time i brought the device it was changing...after my first update this problem started..what about your phone,is it changing..???

me2kimi

Apr 5, 2010
Hi all, I notice touch screen is not function well when using generic wall charger.
This this only happened with generic wall charger. I've tested with 2 charger already but same thing happened.
With generic car charger, this problem not occurred.
What's wrong with generic wall charger?

vj_dustin

Dec 7, 2010
uktopgear.blogspot.com
Ok, i bought my phone about a month back..
and surprisingly today is the first time i got to know and saw UOT Kitchen.. :D
so
currently i am on OXYGEN v1.1 which doesnt have a theme chooser..
So can i cook a theme, dwnld theme chooser and apply??
will it work??
and also our device is mdpi right?

DJBhardwaj

Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4
Ok, i bought my phone about a month back..
and surprisingly today is the first time i got to know and saw UOT Kitchen.. :D
so
currently i am on OXYGEN v1.1 which doesnt have a theme chooser..
So can i cook a theme, dwnld theme chooser and apply??
will it work??
and also our device is mdpi right?

Yes our device is MDPI. Themechooser won't install on oxygen or any other rom without cm sources. But yes you can modify many things with the help of UOT ;-)

via LG Optimus-One

vj_dustin

Dec 7, 2010
uktopgear.blogspot.com
Yes our device is MDPI. Themechooser won't install on oxygen or any other rom without cm sources. But yes you can modify many things with the help of UOT ;-)

via LG Optimus-One

1) so will just flashing my cooked package change everything without theme chooser??
2) how do i revert back?
3) if i cook up another rom, can i simply flash over the existing one?

EDIT : Also wanted to know, if i have taken a Nandroid backup via clockworkmod, do i need to take a Titanium Backup for the apps or do they get included in that nandroid..??

Last edited:

Psychoactive

Apr 4, 2011
yes that works. however, you must be aware of several things (and btw thunderg is amonra):
1. i do not understand what you mean by flashing "the new android (2.3.x) and cm7". are you asking if you have to first upgrade to 2.3.x before flashing cm7? if you are, the answer is no. you can go straight from your current android version to cm7.
2. prior to flashing the rom, you must wipe data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache (you know that already). however, once you flash the rom, you must reboot once before flashing the kernel. never install more than one zip without rebooting in between. the same goes for gapps (which you must flash to have the google apps)

sorry for my late answer, well i've been enjoying your tip, and currently i'm running cm7 mik_os 6.5.8 with goldenleaf 111108, .. what can i say.. cm7 it's a clear and efficient upgrade from stock android,it's smoother and battery drain it's not an issue anymore ,
as i've been trying some kernels, i'll now go back to CFS gbs.v19.. found out that has better performace than goldenleaf ( wich gives me a bug,, it suddenly go all black and i have to remove the battery to get him work again ).. well with both of them battery life it's outstanding up to 18 hours, with 2g all day and sync , a few hours of 3g , wifi and GPS, that's almost double of what i had before.. so THANX to all of developers that made this possible specially to mik franco and fserver !!

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
i think i remember reading something about how using app2sd decreases sd card life. does the same apply for the multirom boot? (my guess is yes, but just want to make sure)

mihir287

Apr 4, 2011
i think i remember reading something about how using app2sd decreases sd card life. does the same apply for the multirom boot? (my guess is yes, but just want to make sure)

App2sd doesn't decrease the sd life as much as dalvik2sd does. The dalvik cache is repeatedly read from and written to, resulting in more read-write cycles.
Multirom runs the entire rom from the sd card, but I don't know where the dalvik cache resides in such a configuration. But running the entire system off the card will need a bigger number of read-write cycles I suppose. If I had to guess, I would say that it does reduce sd life.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Reactions: sweetnsour

Cinemaphile

May 7, 2011
Tacoma
Hello all, I'm coming from the Glacier and Doubleshot forums so this is a lil bit new to me. My friend has a T-Mobile LG Optimus P 509 that is stuck on the LG boot screen. I've tried various key combinations but nothing effects any change. I'm not able to get anything but the LG screen. When I plug it into the computer it's not noticed by it or ADB. Taking it back to the store is not an option. Suggestions?

Turducken

Jun 22, 2011
Hello all, I'm coming from the Glacier and Doubleshot forums so this is a lil bit new to me. My friend has a T-Mobile LG Optimus P 509 that is stuck on the LG boot screen. I've tried various key combinations but nothing effects any change. I'm not able to get anything but the LG screen. When I plug it into the computer it's not noticed by it or ADB. Taking it back to the store is not an option. Suggestions?

Follow the instructions in the link below. This will return it back to the factory install.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17101352&postcount=5

bronzzy

Oct 25, 2011
Phone restarts in Emergency Mode !! And no PC detection !!

Guys, plz help me . My phone was originally running on Stock Froyo 2.2.2 without any glitches . It even was detected by PC every time . But later after going through this forum and thoroughly understanding All Custom ROM procedure, I installed Mik CM7 6.5.8 and it even installed without any hassles . But Now I am facing some problems :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Phone not at all connecting to PC : tried 3 different PC's with /different Data cord combo .. but just charging and not detecting at all !
2)Phone whenever restarted always goes into Emergency Mode and Only boots up after removing and inserting battery multiple times ...
So please suggest how can I solve these problems ..
And the problem doesn't seem to be with ROM ..it works just spectacularly .Also I installed Oxygen later on still same problems.

Can the problem lie with Recovery mine is Clockwork v5 /or is it due to Kernel. Mine is Franco one that came with MikCM7 default. :confused:

Turducken

Jun 22, 2011
Guys, plz help me . My phone was originally running on Stock Froyo 2.2.2 without any glitches . It even was detected by PC every time . But later after going through this forum and thoroughly understanding All Custom ROM procedure, I installed Mik CM7 6.5.8 and it even installed without any hassles . But Now I am facing some problems :
1) Phone not at all connecting to PC : tried 3 different PC's with /different Data cord combo .. but just charging and not detecting at all !
2)Phone whenever restarted always goes into Emergency Mode and Only boots up after removing and inserting battery multiple times ...
So please suggest how can I solve these problems ..
And the problem doesn't seem to be with ROM ..it works just spectacularly .Also I installed Oxygen later on still same problems.

Can the problem lie with Recovery mine is Clockwork v5 /or is it due to Kernel. Mine is Franco one that came with MikCM7 default. :confused:

Wipe everything and reinstall.

Reactions: bronzzy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to all the Optimus-One/V users,

Stop here and ask any of the questions related to your LG Optimus-One/ Optimus V devices here.
    Let it be roms, kernels, wallpapers, themes or anything related.
    DON'T CREATE USELESS THREADS & TRAFFIC THIS SECTION

Regards
    DJ
    I have created a FAQ thread here, hope it helps.

PS: It desperately needs a bump..
    is it possible to flash old baseband via recovery or change the files via root explorer?

dDJKx.jpg
    so on general surfing, music and usual call/text stuff, the battery should atleast last for more than a day..??

This question is impossible to answer. It depends on what apps you're using, are they creating wakelocks? Have you lowered WiFi Txpower, etc. This is how you obtain the best battery life possible. Your idea of "general surfing, music and usual call/text stuff" may be entirely different than mine or someone elses.

Bottom line, our battery is 1500mAh and relative to it's screen size, resolution, and other hardware this is outstanding. You'd be hard pressed to find an Android with better battery life than the O1 unless you install an aftermarket battery and even then ours is still competitive.

just happy that this is now stickied :)
    just a suggestion though: in your title, i would change (Ask related questions here) to (Ask related questions here before making a thread)