Battery problem went from 80% to 20% in a second

Search This thread

NoctMonster

Jul 23, 2011
Here is a pic of what happened to me. Lately the phone shuts off whrn it gets ecen remotely hot, i can barely feel it getting hot when it shuts down. After that sometimes it wont reboot because the battery has drained and when I plug it in it shows a battery with a yellow triangle. Another thing is that my phone or battery has killed two different chargers and it seems now the only way to charge my phone is through a usb cable either connected to the wall or to my computer.

So which is it, my phone or my battery that is bad?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335054369861.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335054369861.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 117

Mark.J.Linskiy

Dec 12, 2011
Antelope, CA
www.teamvenum.com
As I recall, if the battery is drained and shows the triangle, it just means it's too "dead" to power on.

Hmm, that's strange. Were they Samsung Chargers or generic ones?

Maybe it's a certain ROM or something you are using?

NoctMonster

Jul 23, 2011
As I recall, if the battery is drained and shows the triangle, it just means it's too "dead" to power on.

Hmm, that's strange. Were they Samsung Chargers or generic ones?

Maybe it's a certain ROM or something you are using?

The first charger was the OEM one that came with the phone. It died within 3 months of usage. The second charger was from an old motorola phone I had, my phone killed it almost instantly.

I was using Calk's latest ICS ROM so I decided to flash GB again using this method. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1394332

The phone doesn't seem to turn off now but the battery DRAINS while charging.
Something must really be wrong here.

mrej201

Mar 18, 2012
union city NJ
Maybe the batterynis too hot if it is it wont charge pluz there is bug in ics its happen to me b4 that y i went back to l29

killaphatboy

Mar 12, 2011
ponca city, oklahoma
That's probably a failing battery. Mine drained while charging. Turnout to be a bad cable. I also had the wall adapter start to do that when it went out. Try a new charger and if that doesn't help it is probably a bad battery.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5 on AOKP 32 ROM

Last edited:

bricker1

Apr 8, 2012
battery and chargers must match check your spec sheet for the correct milli amperage also alot of batteries wont charge when the pack is hot replace battery and charger and wipe your battery stats