Search This thread

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
mine has bleeding too at the lower left. only visible in place with total darkness, and i think its tolerable, although it should not be there at the first place there is noting i can do as i purchased mine on handtec, returning it will take lot of time around 2 weeks so i decided to stick with my HOX:rolleyes:

ok i was contemplating and agonizing if i should get rid of mine, especially when i saw light bleed in darkness from the left side (looking side ways)

but guess what! the right side has the bleed too, its just a little less since the gap is smaller, the right side is perfectly fit on mine

also i played games for like half an hour and the left side became a lot softer

im starting to feel think its a trait of the device...

anyone which have a perfect device willing to experiment for us? play for half an hour THD heavy games let the devices heat and tell us what happen

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
I was going to return mine today 'cause of this issue, but gues what: I discovered a scratch on the screen (don't know how it happened) and the store guys saw it too and didn't accept the return.

On Monday I'm going to a HTC repair centre. Do you think they'll consider the gap as a flaw? They can fix it easily or it envolves applying a new screen? This would be the best option, since mine is yellow and I don't like it.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
i made a poll regarding this so please vote everyone

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611294

and finally djolebih solved the issue himself this what we discussed in PM, yup not an easy feat
djolebih said:
Turn the device OFF. Under no circumstances should it be on while doing this procedure. Use a thin, hard piece of plastic and/or metal for example. I used a guitar pin and a scalpel. Use the guitar pin and stick it between the display and the shell. Do NOT push past what the screen allows you to. There is a natural spacing that should accommodate the pin. Go around the entire display a few times to soften the edges and the compound holding it in place. After you've done that use a hair dryer to heat up the display. This will allow the screen to flex enough and will additionally heat the glue. Now use the guitar pin once again to go around the edges. Use the scalpel and gently place it between the display and the case ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE DEVICE. Again, do NOT push past its natural barrier. Gently pull the display up. It will pop out. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to the flat cable connecting the display to the phone it self. If you sever that there is no going back. Repeat the procedure on each side of the phone until the display is physically separated from the device. Now use the guitar pin again, this time to clean the display under. Leave it like that for 10 minutes allowing it to dry. If there are remnants of glue under the display on the case it self, gently remove it as well. Once cleaned use any sort of CLEAR/TRANSPARENT super glue. Apply ONLY on the sides of the display and wait for 10 seconds or so before pushing it back into place. Press hard but not TOO HARD and make sure you haven't touched the flat cable in process. It should be in the same position you found it when opening. Use a piece of smooth and thin paper (read toilet paper) to go around the edges, pressing semi hard to stick the display fully at its place. Leave for an hour until it's completely solid. Done.

WARNING: Those with shaky hands should not be doing this. If you apply too much glue it may leak further leaving trace so you will have to open again to clean it.

You do this AT YOUR OWN RISK. I did not test this my self but my friend did on my test One X, the one I bought for stuff like this since I do have shaky hands lol. We did not make a video but we can if necessary. For now hamdir, you can try it, or get someone to do it for a test, in the shop for example.

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
i made a poll regarding this so please vote everyone

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611294

and finally djolebih solved the issue himself this what we discussed in PM, yup not an easy feat

hamdir, are you able to photo the gap for your handset? I can see the gap is a fraction larger on the left than the right, but I only noticed it because of reports here. I have to hold it up at the right angle so I can see along the length of the phone and go, ah, its 0.3mm on the left and 0.1mm on the right. You can see light through that gap on yours, but I cannot. However after about a week, finally I found the flex had returned mid left. However just pressing it for 5 seconds, and it goes away again for a few days. I think it my case it is soo slight, and once again I would never have noticed the flex because its in the middle left, not the bottom or top where you typically squeeze the phone.

Last edited:

gunswordx

Jan 29, 2012
well i think i am the luckiest of all been playing shadowgun thd for 1hr and no lags other than some little stuttering 15min or so. and gets about 39 to 42c hot and no screen issues or defects

Alext1x

Apr 18, 2012
Anyone bother posting some pictures of their gap? I got a small gap too but don't think it has a bad effect on it. Still I'm going to swap mine because of a yellow dot.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
hamdir, are you able to photo the gap for your handset? I can see the gap is a fraction larger on the left than the right, but I only noticed it because of reports here. I have to hold it up at the right angle so I can see along the length of the phone and go, ah, its 0.3mm on the left and 0.1mm on the right. You can see light through that gap on yours, but I cannot. However after about a week, finally I found the flex had returned mid left. However just pressing it for 5 seconds, and it goes away again for a few days. I think it my case it is soo slight, and once again I would never have noticed the flex because its in the middle left, not the bottom or top where you typically squeeze the phone.

exact same as you described it, go to a dark room and look at the phone from the side ways you will see faint line of light, now look at the right side which is 0.1mm like you said and you will find another line of light

here i took this photo from the review posted by Xdaman85! ;)

im more and more convinced that this is a trait of the device, those who say not maybe didn't look hard enough or have the gap another place

im convinced its in all One X, @myself11 it expands when its hot

@gunswordx shadowgun always run cooler than glowball, i get the same temps in here

http://hemorrdroids.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/P4140381.jpg
P4140381.jpg

Last edited:

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
Hamdir, the photo I took above was after cellphone was being charged and off, so it wasn't hot. Mine always display that issue.

I showed my One X to another One X owner and he clearly identified the issue. On his unit there is no gap.

On monday, I'm going to a HTC repair center, since I cannot return my unit. I trully hope they consider this as a fault and repair it.

Last edited:

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hamdir, the photo I took above was after cellphone was being charged and off, so it wasn't hot. Mine always display that issue.

I showed my One X to another One X owner and he clearly identified the issue. On his unit there is no gap.

On monday, I'm going to a HTC repair center, since I cannot return my unit. I trully hope they consider this as a fault and repair it.

keep us updated mate, his unit has zero flex/gap/creek anywhere?

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
Yes, zero gap and zero creek. About flex, I'm not 100% sure as I didn't ask for it directly, but it seems to me that it's fine too. I was even thinking of getting his One X (his company his going to give him one), but I cannot return my unit.

Do you think if HTC center accepts to repair my One X it will be need to replace the entire screen structure or they just gonna glue it better? I want a white screen :(

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Yes, zero gap and zero creek. About flex, I'm not 100% sure as I didn't ask for it directly, but it seems to me that it's fine too. I was even thinking of getting his One X (his company his going to give him one), but I cannot return my unit.

Do you think if HTC center accepts to repair my One X it will be need to replace the entire screen structure or they just gonna glue it better? I want a white screen :(

most likely just re-glue unless you consider the yellow screen a flaw

i made up my mind, ill keep mine its working perfectly with a perfect screen and no flickering, good temps too

it such a silly non issue to return it for, a waste and a risk

time to just enjoy it now :cool:

Last edited:

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
The line of light is not coming from underneath the glass. It is an optical effect where some of the light is coming out of the sides of the glass itself and reflecting off the shiny black side of the frame lining. I thought you meant there was an open wound where dust could get under the screen. That is not the case here.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

I still don't think this is a fault. There are probably slight variances in the size of the black frame and of the glass itself. So each unit will vary slightly. I reckon the repair facility will think you are insane but I am curious what they say. On my right side there is still a fraction of a millimeter gap and dust still gets in. As the glass and frame are two pieces there is no way they will make a perfect seal with each other at every point. If you put a magnifying glass to your friends one you will see there is a gap, just very very very very small.

The important thing is that it it sealed enough that dust can't get in behind the screen. That's all that matters.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
The line of light is not coming from underneath the glass. It is an optical effect where some of the light is coming out of the sides of the glass itself and reflecting off the shiny black side of the frame lining. I thought you meant there was an open wound where dust could get under the screen. That is not the case here.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

I still don't think this is a fault. There are probably slight variances in the size of the black frame and of the glass itself. So each unit will vary slightly. I reckon the repair facility will think you are insane but I am curious what they say. On my right side there is still a fraction of a millimeter gap and dust still gets in. As the glass and frame are two pieces there is no way they will make a perfect seal with each other at every point. If you put a magnifying glass to your friends one you will see there is a gap, just very very very very small.

The important thing is that it it sealed enough that dust can't get in behind the screen. That's all that matters.

so if the left side has a tiny bigger gap BUT its also flexing a little, just a little it means there is a risk of dust getting in don't you think?

Last edited:

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
It really depends if the flexing is allowing a hole to open or the two surfaces are always in contact but able to move around slightly. If there really was a gap you would see obvious light peeking through that gap I would think. I have noticed my flexing has pretty much gone now as it goes through more heat and cooling cycles. I think it is almost gone completely. But I am very very worried about the reports of the polycarbonate body melting and deforming.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
It really depends if the flexing is allowing a hole to open or the two surfaces are always in contact but able to move around slightly. If there really was a gap you would see obvious light peeking through that gap I would think. I have noticed my flexing has pretty much gone now as it goes through more heat and cooling cycles. I think it is almost gone completely. But I am very very worried about the reports of the polycarbonate body melting and deforming.

Its like yours most likely, the gap is slightly bigger than the right and it flexes slightly down, it actually needs pressure to flex so no its not really bad and like you said based on the temps sometimes it gets rigid, i think there a slightly uneven glue under one part causing the flex, i hope it disappears like you said

my cousin had a gap plus flex on the top of the device, i pressed it for him hard the moment we saw and it never came back but he is not over using his device like me ;)

This is why im convinced the issue is temp related, i was playing THD games and i saw how the left side relaxed and the gap widened

as for the reports, where did u read melting :eek: that's really alarming

eitherway its unsafe for the device to keep operating at those temps, HTC should not listen to Nvidia, Nv never cares about the longevity of their chips and don't mind messing around with thermal limits

i hope the issue get more coverage so that HTC issues a down-clock update!

i think T3 will do just fine @ 1.3ghz!!

nebsif

Feb 22, 2012
i think T3 will do just fine @ 1.3ghz!!
Wont it be a downgrade from a 1.5 sensation in non quad optimised apps (99%)? ..esp considering the higher reso screen.

I have dat tiny hope theyll admit t3 a fail and ship s4 as international.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

domberone

Aug 24, 2008
Hi , I have also 1 gap on my one x, but is in different place . is on the lower part of phone, just under the apps closing button, and when is dark can see light coming from button, is 5 mm by 1mm and looks ugly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone notice gap between the display and the polycarbinate body and and the thin lining in between.. mine has little gap on top part which attract dust.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

yes entirely normal, there is a metal frame around the screen protecting it, its nice how hidden it is

i had my Desire HD for 19 months inside a pouch and never collected any dust, the moment i see something stuck i blow it out

stop being so picky! :mad:
    I didn't think that was a picky post at all!! Mine has the same gap a the top and apart from attracting dust, it does worry me that this is a potential route for things to get behind the screen.

It was a legitimate question hamdir. Stop being so angry! :mad::p
    ok here is a non angry answer, use a pouch if you worry so much about the state of your device, my Desire HD is still new after 19 months thanks to the pouch

pouch is the best of both worlds, since you still enjoy the device naked when you use it
    Does anyone notice gap between the display and the polycarbinate body and and the thin lining in between.. mine has little gap on top part which attract dust.

yes entirely normal, there is a metal frame around the screen protecting it, its nice how hidden it is

i had my Desire HD for 19 months inside a pouch and never collected any dust, the moment i see something stuck i blow it out

stop being so picky! :mad:

Hey im not picky, its just a question.there is nothing i dont like about the device anyway :mad: