Unable to install Titanium Backup

Search This thread

go4saket

Sep 27, 2010
Hello friends!

I am presently running rooted Simplicity 2.2.1 on XXJVU with Semaphore 2.5.0bm kernel. After installing this ROM, I installed Titanium Backup Pro and then recovered all my backed up apps,data and settings. Everything was working fine until yesterday when I found that Titanium Backup Pro was gone. So after searching for it and finally unable to trace it, I tried installing it again, both from the apk file that I had in my SD card and from the market, but it failed everytime giving an error message saying "Out of Space: Titanium Backup could not be installed. Free up some space and try again"

This is strange because I have a hell lot of space available and still it is showing this error. I tried installing other softwares and there wasnt any problem with that. This message is flashed only when I try installing TB.

Can you guys please help me to come out of this situation because TB is a must have software for me?

Thank you.

Reactions: samsmalls

dinci5

For those of you who have used Lucky Patcher for Titanium Backup, removing the .odex will not solve the issue.
The solution is to remove the patch with Lucky Patcher:
In Lucky Patcher click on Titanium Backup > Open Menu of Patches > Remove ODEX with Changes!

If you have uninstalled the app before removing the patch, you will not be able to update it.
In this case just install the same version as before (this will work), then remove the patch and upgrade the app.

hope this helps

go4saket

Sep 27, 2010
For those of you who have used Lucky Patcher for Titanium Backup, removing the .odex will not solve the issue.
In Lucky Patcher click on Titanium Backup > Open Menu of Patches > Remove ODEX with Changes!

If you have uninstalled the app before removing the patch, you will not be able to update it.
In this case just install the same version as before (this will work), then remove the patch and upgrade the app.

hope this helps

You are right, I removed the odex file but it still doesnt allow me to install the updated version as I had patched the previous version with lucky patcher. I followed all that you said but I am still not able to install an updated version. After uninstalling the older version, when I try to install the new version, it gives "Application not installed"... Now what?

Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
You are right, I removed the odex file but it still doesnt allow me to install the updated version as I had patched the previois version with lucky patcher. I reinstalled the old version but in lucky patcher there is nothing called "remove odex with changes". Now what?

It is long press titanium Backup in lucky patcher to get "remove odex with changes"

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines

dssking

Jul 15, 2012
After trying just about everything, THIS WORKED. So I did hit the Thanks Button.

hope this helps

DJDrew

Jan 30, 2010
I've tried everything in this thread, but I still seem to be received the 'Out of space' message.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

non1oson

Feb 14, 2012
so I uninstalled it before trying the luckypatcher method. and I deleted some titanium folder that was empty. I rebooted and still not luck. I just kept trying to install and eventually it did it, after about 10 times.

I've been in this scenario heaps, different apps. almost like custom roms don't uninstall apps properly. I'm on omega note 2.

srikzrulez

Sep 26, 2011
Kakinada
Even I also faced da same problem.. u have to wipe data/format n dalvic cache n restart da rom

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. The file is actually in /data/app. Thanks anyways. It did help.

Thanks. Had same problem and deleting file /data/app/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup-1.odex:good:
    Try to delete titanium.odex

I 've faced this problem like you but i'm not sure the name of file to delete so let try to delete it in /system/app for file Titanium....odex.
    I 've faced this problem like you but i'm not sure the name of file to delete so let try to delete it in /system/app for file Titanium....odex.

Thanks. The file is actually in /data/app. Thanks anyways. It did help.

hope this helps
    Did that but still not able to install the new version :(

Did you reboot phone, after deletes?

if you have root explorer you can try going to /data/dalvik-cache and delete data@app@com.kermidas.TitaniumBackup-1.apk@classes.dex
    and
    data@app@com.kermidas.TitaniumBackupPro-1.apk@classes.dex after that reboot phone