[Q]Running Services that can be stopped

Search This thread
P

prime_225

There are many processes running in settings>applications>running services.
Which of the following can be stopped and what are their functions-
Setup Guide> sim service
CrashMonitor
deviceMonitor
usbux
mtp
Call Log Extension
ProtectedMediaScanner
Secureclockservice
Google services>Cloud-to-device messaging service,google messaging service

I am using .62 stock ROM,locked bootloader,unrooted and I don't use data.Only Wi-fi.Background Data turned off( turned on occasionally),Auto-sync off.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Last edited:

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
No point of stopping, they will start themselves again. And that, my friend, uses more battery than letting it run.

Better root and remove those apps yourself.

You can remove all of them but not usbux. That is needed for USB connection.

Sent from my Xperia Live using xda premium.

whalesplaho

Feb 1, 2012
Treasure Island
Yeah. when yhu remove it, it will re-open itself again... thats tha only probs Android OS gat.... just Rooted yur mobile den use Terminal Emulator to uninstall unwanted apps but be careful when uninstalling apps.....!;)

P

prime_225

I stopped them and I"ll post about if they start or not in the coming days cheers. Seems like, stopping crashmonitor made my phone fasterrrrr.

gandhar

Jan 20, 2012
Goa
from what i understand

if you stop a service it will not start itself until you reboot your phone.

if you stop a process, thats if you kill an app, it's service will restart the process in some time.(this will take up battery, cpu usage)

Reactions: miniProBhashi

patz0110

Feb 4, 2012
Setup Guide> sim service
CrashMonitor
deviceMonitor
usbux
mtp
Call Log Extension
ProtectedMediaScanner
Secureclockservice

I am using .62 stock ROM,locked bootloader,unrooted and I don't use data.Only Wi-fi.Background Data turned off( turned on occasionally),Auto-sync off.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

you can stop the following
Setup Guide> sim service (will run again if you restart your phone)
CrashMonitor (will run again if you restart your phone)
usbux (will run again if you restart your phone or plugged your phone to the computer or charger)
mtp (will run again if you restart your phone or plugged your phone to the computer)
Call Log Extension (will run again if you restart your phone and open the voicecall app)
ProtectedMediaScanner (will run again if you restart your phone)
Google services (will run again and again if your using it blah3x)

if you stop them, they will not open again except you run a particular app
you can also stop the "devicemonitor" but the "battery use" app will also be stopped

Reactions: akaSM
P

prime_225

Thanks guys, after a day of testing, they don't start at all. I have go more free ram and my phone got faster.

Kira.Lawliet

Dec 29, 2010
What I do is to freeze those running services using TB when I dont use them, for example Google Maps. It runs even if you do not use it but it's handy to freeze them then unfreeze them whenever you use it again.

patz0110

Feb 4, 2012
What I do is to freeze those running services using TB when I dont use them, for example Google Maps. It runs even if you do not use it but it's handy to freeze them then unfreeze them whenever you use it again.

brad try mong subukan yung "Autostarts" na app tapos idisable mo yung mga di mo gustong magrun in background kahit di mo rinarun

42me

Mar 16, 2012
in my world
Thanks guys, after a day of testing, they don't start at all. I have go more free ram and my phone got faster.

just want to know what app ur remove and what app u use it to remove cant u share to me
p/s before this i had remove some sys app but a bit ,and what realy safe app sys to remove it...i have read some thread but its not sure it realy safe or not thanksss:eek::D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    from what i understand

if you stop a service it will not start itself until you reboot your phone.

if you stop a process, thats if you kill an app, it's service will restart the process in some time.(this will take up battery, cpu usage)
    Setup Guide> sim service
    CrashMonitor
    deviceMonitor
    usbux
    mtp
    Call Log Extension
    ProtectedMediaScanner
    Secureclockservice

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

you can stop the following
    Setup Guide> sim service (will run again if you restart your phone)
    CrashMonitor (will run again if you restart your phone)
    usbux (will run again if you restart your phone or plugged your phone to the computer or charger)
    mtp (will run again if you restart your phone or plugged your phone to the computer)
    Call Log Extension (will run again if you restart your phone and open the voicecall app)
    ProtectedMediaScanner (will run again if you restart your phone)
    Google services (will run again and again if your using it blah3x)

if you stop them, they will not open again except you run a particular app
    you can also stop the "devicemonitor" but the "battery use" app will also be stopped