[Q] Samsung Galaxy Mini BRICKED (HELP!)

Search This thread

avrox

Jul 26, 2012
Bhagalpur
I installed Clock Work Mod on my Samsung Galaxy Mini and after that, I selected "Reboot from recovery mode" and then after that the device turned off. It would not turn on anymore! Can't enter download mode and recovery mode, screen is off, no backlights. Odin would not detect it too. Please help.

I don't know if this is the right section. Thanks.

If u hav done this 4 the 1st time its not at all abig problem, as it happened with me to. U sud recharge 4 few hours n then try 2 enter DOwnloading mode..:good:

Apr 30, 2011
Metro Manila
twitter.com
Problem Solved.

@neilgoco (who created this thread and which is my brother), the one that he is reporting was MY PHONE. He helped me to solve this problem but then again, we can't. After a few months (maybe 10 months), my mother brought my phone to someone (maybe her friend) to fix my phone. And after a week, my phone is back. :)

PS: SERIAL NUMBER HAS BEEN CHANGED.

shadowkay

Dec 8, 2010
Chennai, India
twitter.com
Hey,

Could someone tell the different recovery combinations, for example Download Mode: Vol Down+Home+Power. AM sure this would be helpful for the starters and others who have bricked their mobile and confused.

Thanks

avrox

Jul 26, 2012
Bhagalpur
*Steps to Fix Brick Android Galaxy Mini*
*To do this you need to follow these steps below-*
*1. Remove sim card, memory and battery.*
*2. Prepare the odin multi downloader and set with the right setting.*
*3. Connect your phone to PC.*
*4. Press and hold power down + home button.*
*5. While still press power down and home button, press the power button and then insert the battery as soon as you press the power button.*
*6. Your phone will enter download mode.*
*7. Install your galaxy mini like usually.*

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app

annson08

Nov 22, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
*Steps to Fix Brick Android Galaxy Mini*
*To do this you need to follow these steps below-*
*1. Remove sim card, memory and battery.*
*2. Prepare the odin multi downloader and set with the right setting.*
*3. Connect your phone to PC.*
*4. Press and hold power down + home button.*
*5. While still press power down and home button, press the power button and then insert the battery as soon as you press the power button.*
*6. Your phone will enter download mode.*
*7. Install your galaxy mini like usually.*

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app

You mean volume down and home button? And this wouldn't work if the phone's download mode partition got corrupted, this is what they call hard bricked, the only thing they can do now is to hope that the factory download mode partition isn't damaged as well, they can use a Jig to enter factory d.mode.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

DadoZmaj

Mar 28, 2011
Bricked S5770i

HOW TO UNBRICK

This is a tutorial that got my Galaxy Mini Plus/Turbo Unbricked
1. Download this: S5570I.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ct2k0ujc4ys9z7

Extract it (WinRaR)
2. Open Odin3_v1.84.exe
3. Press PIT and choose tassve_0623.pit
4. Press BOOTLOADER and choose DefaultCalData....
5. Press PDA and choose PDA_S5570I....
6. Press PHONE and choose MODEM_S5570I....
7. Press CSC and choose GT-S5570I-MULTI....
8. Shut down your phone if it isn't
9. Reboot it in ODIN Mode (Volume Down + Home + Power)
10. Press Volume Up to enter The Odin Download Mode
11. Now the ODIN should recognize your phone (Yellow text comes up in the program LEFT upper corner
12. Press start
13. Wait for it to finish, it should pop up a blue message RESET and then PASS in green.
14. You're done
READ: After you unbrick it, your phone is in italian. To fix this, press the right button after you boot up your phone, then choose preferred language.
Enjoy

TESTED & WORKING

I have S5770i and I wanted to unbrick him using this methode from this thread as I saw that its good. I followed every step and checked twice just to be sure that I didnt made any mistakes. ODIN did his job and now my S5770i is stucked at SAMSUNG logo reboot loop and I cant eneter recovery, just download mode. What am I supose to do now? Is it able to repair it from home or I should take it to service and if so, how much it would cost me?

EDIT: Seems it was some error in country. I went on sammobile and downloaded all files for "open europe". For anyone who is gone download that one, just ignore file "GT-S5570I Flasher + Pit". Im glad I manage to solve this one and if someone could learn from my mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: dilipsram

Aspir-ina

Jul 24, 2012
Barcelona
cmw

I installed Clock Work Mod on my Samsung Galaxy Mini and after that, I selected "Reboot from recovery mode" and then after that the device turned off. It would not turn on anymore! Can't enter download mode and recovery mode, screen is off, no backlights. Odin would not detect it too. Please help.

I don't know if this is the right section. Thanks.

If you installed CWM with Rom manager in stock roms you has a problem dude! rom manager only works on custom roms

Nilabhra

Oct 29, 2012
(I think this set of steps works in these conditions: Hard-brick, absolutely non-responsive to any button combination. Odin still recognizes the phone when connected through USB port)

1.- Remove both the SIM card and de microSD card.
2.- KEEP YOUR BATTERY REMOVED
3.- Apply the Download-mode button combination (known by you all)
4.- WHILE HOLDING THE COMBINATION, insert the battery, and keep the buttons pressed untill you get the download mode.
5.- Flash your phone with a valid firmware through Odin (Preferebly, have Odin prepared before doing this trick)

I finally flashed it widh Gingerbread 2.3.4 but i don't really like it, because it ended up a little buggy, which i am still trying to get rid of.
Anyway, i hope this helps.
Have a nice day
Fomelogo

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This tutorial is very complicated and I have tried to explain it as best as I can, hope it help some of you guys.

PS. If you have any USB driver problems or windows deleted problems with device managers or drivers in general causing errors you must fix these problems first or use a different computer, if the drivers wont install properly you cannot do it on that computer.

EDIT: Gingerbread 2.3.4 firmware, I can confirm this works

tried it.. didn't work... how long does it take to get the download mode ?

arman_pda

Nov 11, 2012
Task manager

Need help.

I'lost my "task manager.apk" on system/app for galaxy mini, can someone give me that file please..? I still use stockrom for my device.

thanks before.

twivek

Nov 4, 2012
Hardbricked galaxy mini

I had installed cwm for another phone's model because galaxy mini was not available in the list of rom manager and tried to backup my stock rom but since then my phone is switched off and not responding to any key combination and my pc too can't recognise it. Please help me anyone.... Recently odin recognised my phone when i tried the vol up home power combination but got stuck on setup <1> . Please help me....

Last edited:

twivek

Nov 4, 2012
Thanks for kind advice as i'm never gonna use rom manager again but first help me to get out of this hell.... Hardbricked galaxy mini with totally black screen only recognised by odin when vol up home power buttons are pressed simultaneously.

annson08

Nov 22, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Press vol up + down + home then power button.

Just try it.
Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

No! Wait! Don't, that might corrupt the factory download mode. Try using a jig first. I had the problem back then, i didn't used a jig and tried the vol.up+home+power and it still doesn't work. Later when i made and used a jig, it's too late. I just send my device to samsung to claim my warranty. They didn't knew that it was bricked, they told me the problem was from bad charging and had to replace the mobo for free haha.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (I think this set of steps works in these conditions: Hard-brick, absolutely non-responsive to any button combination. Odin still recognizes the phone when connected through USB port)

1.- Remove both the SIM card and de microSD card.
    2.- KEEP YOUR BATTERY REMOVED
    3.- Apply the Download-mode button combination (known by you all)
    4.- WHILE HOLDING THE COMBINATION, insert the battery, and keep the buttons pressed untill you get the download mode.
    5.- Flash your phone with a valid firmware through Odin (Preferebly, have Odin prepared before doing this trick)

I finally flashed it widh Gingerbread 2.3.4 but i don't really like it, because it ended up a little buggy, which i am still trying to get rid of.
    Anyway, i hope this helps.
    Have a nice day
    Fomelogo

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This tutorial is very complicated and I have tried to explain it as best as I can, hope it help some of you guys.

PS. If you have any USB driver problems or windows deleted problems with device managers or drivers in general causing errors you must fix these problems first or use a different computer, if the drivers wont install properly you cannot do it on that computer.

EDIT: Gingerbread 2.3.4 firmware, I can confirm this works
    Hello, ok, i was reading all about this and anybody can solve this hard brick? Because i have the same problem, and i can´t take it to warranty, because i buy it in other country... Us. and i live in Argentina.

My phone is Hard Bricked, so its a chance to revive it? My pc recognises my galaxy mini as Samsung CDMA Driver, doing the method volume up+home+power. I test One click, and nothing happens, ODIN detect my phone and stucks in <1> setup connection...

Help please!

Im desesperated, thx a lot.

Hi Facu,

Do not worry about this.

If ODIN is stuck at <1> setup connection, it just shows that there are USB Drivers issues. Just run the Kies application on your PC (If you do not have it kindly download at Samsung UK website). As this application opens, ODIN should go yellow on COM port 1.Close Kies and hit 'Start' on ODIN.

Then just follow instructions for flashing your phone on ODIN.
    You can find these at androidforums dot com slash galaxy-mini-s5570 site.

I wish you the best.
    I am new here...You could thank me if you wish.

Happy to assist you.

Cayman_Ke
    hey use the jig method type unbricking galaxy s jig in youtube
    and do the same u will get download mode in it and never use ROM MANAGER
    however its a great software but it dont supports some samsung phones.
    especially low end phones
    Go a google search with "unbricking galaxy s jig"
    It can be use for xperia mini too.
    Gudluck!

It might be,battery suddenly empty. Its hard for phone to brick.Charge ur phone 1st at full... And choose the right baseband according rom prequistid. I b4 this rooted and installing CWM on this galaxy mini and the phone at samsung logo or samsung galaxy mini logo.
    As on my condition,follow guide that been explained. If u have flashed the CWM, REBOOT. Then at samsung logo,press volume down,then u can access CWM. To avoid other probs, flash it with cyanogen mod. Or it maybe cant be loaded.

As far i concerned, for galaxy mini got 2 type of recovery. That is,
    Enchanced recovery
    &
    Tass Recovery

For me,choose tass recovery.

Sent from my HTC Vision with Doubleshot Rom
    My odin detects the phone, report a new succesful update...
    ...but the phone is still not booting up - the logo do not appear !!
    (battery is hot, something is going on...)

cud be the firmware u used or somethin?