WebOS on nexus 7

Search This thread

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
They've released how to test it on webos ports http://www.webos-ports.org/wiki/Testing_Nexus_7 but u still have to boot it at first via the PC (after its booted to webos you don't need to keep it plugged into the PC) but apparently using it won't affect your android install, now just to figure out what ifconfig is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

SO i see the link but where do i download the IMAGE???????

minipot

Dec 20, 2011
bradford
There's a bit u have to read before that about setting up the build environment. If/when u have flashed it could u tell us how it was maybe a video showing what u did? That would be great.

One of the things I'm interested in is the fact that it says that it shouldn't affect your android install if /when you flash it could u tell us if that's true.
Just thinking we could rather then make this thread a request thread turn it into a bug report / discusion thread about it.

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
There's a bit u have to read before that about setting up the build environment. If/when u have flashed it could u tell us how it was maybe a video showing what u did? That would be great.

One of the things I'm interested in is the fact that it says that it shouldn't affect your android install if /when you flash it could u tell us if that's true.
Just thinking we could rather then make this thread a request thread turn it into a bug report / discusion thread about it.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to build it myself I think I could do it but if the image they already built works I don't see why they wpouldnt just let us use that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

minipot

Dec 20, 2011
bradford
Sorry I thought you where thinking of flashing it and got a bit ahead of myself, if you don't want to that's fine. I didn't mean to sound forceful

minipot

Dec 20, 2011
bradford
Just installed webOS on my nexus 7 via multirom its good, smooth mostly although there are a few noticeable lags.
Biggest problems are no app store, and you can't use search bars within webpages so u can't use the webos nation app gallery to search for and install apps rendering it pretty useless but fun to play around with.

Reactions: killakilna

Lork Scorguar

Feb 4, 2013
Can I install webos via multi ROM with a triple boot ? I already have Ubuntu and android

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone interested in a ready-to-install .mrom file with the base from 14 june? It is based on the precompiled images from WebOS-ports, I will compile the Alpha2 build myself later this week.
    I would love to see this. And it is sad that the webOS forum is so dead. I loved it on my Pre....
    I hope so. :)

If you look at the webOS ports site it states that they're working on a beta as the one they've got out at the moment is only an alpha

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app
    Post a request on webosnation and on your devices respected forum. Not everyone looks at this thread sadly.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app
    Post a request on webosnation and on your devices respected forum. Not everyone looks at this thread sadly.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app
    Yet.