[15 Apr 2010][1.0.4]Weather4me - the best weather info for your PDA :)

Search This thread

s_v_l

Retired Recognized Developer
Current version 1.0.4
Additional requirements: .NET Compact Framework 2.0 for WM5 only

* Detailed actual weather conditions for particular selected city
* Today weather information
* Up to 5 days forecast information
* English or metric units for weather data representation
* Automatic or manual data refreshing
* Fast search city by name (partial name) or US zip code
* Ability to add city to the favorites and fast switching between them
* Support devices with all well known screen resolutions including WVGA and square screens
* Gesture support
* Automatic units selection according to the user's regional settings

Latest Version 1.0.4 download...

Reserved download link from the download.cnet.com...
for those who have a problem with my site accessibility.

Application release history...

Screen Shots:
current.png

today.png

5days.png

Good review (tutorial) by Peter Murphy Free For All: Weather4Me

Last edited:

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
Sweet little app small, light on data :)

Just a couple of ideas:

Swipe right to change between Current Today 5 day "still have tabs on bottom" but don't have it swipe to Accuweather.com as could be accidental data costs. Swipe left opposite.

The Accuweather could be under view again for reason above, i know that it's linked to 5 day.

Nicer weather icons "Beyond Invisible" or the likes.

Being able to choose a custom wallpaper, colour background

Text Black or White or even more...

Thankyou for a cool light weather app :)

s_v_l

Sweet little app small, light on data :)

Swipe right to change between Current Today 5 day "still have tabs on bottom" but don't have it swipe to Accuweather.com as could be accidental data costs. Swipe left opposite.

The Accuweather could be under view again for reason above, i know that it's linked to 5 day.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Probably I should explain some program behavior and functionality. Program internally contains 6 links to the AccuWeather site for mobile devices.
2 implicit links - when you switch from the "Current" or "Today" tabs to the "AccuWeather" tab. In this case integrated web browser shows the correspondent and different weather info for each tab.
4 explicit links - on the "5 Days" tab named "Details". When you click on "Details" link you switch to the "AccuWeather" tab automatically and browser shows the detailed forecast information.

All these links are not accidental. This is a part of license agreement between me and AccuWeather for freeware products.

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for your feedback. :)

I totaly understand what you are saying about license agreement

I'm just thinking about user freindlyness as the links could open up the page that is the 4th Tab to which would allow 3 x tabs bredth more finger friendly.. Same with swiping finger.

Oh just another little thing X could be minimize as if program closed then on open it searches data again on open, eazily fixed my side by adding to Task Manager Exclusive.

Thanks again for nice app :)

s_v_l

Sorry, I was confused by "swipe right", "swipe left" terms - you've imply finger gesture support. It was some misunderstanding from my side. :)
Thanks for a good idea.

s_v_l

Any chance for a german translation? :)

This is not a problem to translate the program UI to other languages (menu, some labels etc.) BUT the most valuable weather textual information retrieved from the AccuWeather site on English. I'll ask your question about translation to other languages to the their developer's support. I hope than on next week I'll gave you the more complete answer.

Thanks for your interest.

s_v_l

When choosing to see details, it points to search page at accuweather.com, instead of details of your city.

When you tap on "Details" program shows the detailed forecast information for particular day of current selected city. It doesn't search AccuWeather in this case. It directly going to the link retrieved earlier. Please, look on my older post where I've wrote about links to AccuWeather mobile site.
Program doesn't consume more traffic that it need. Some later I'll post my measurements related to this subject.
Thanks.

s_v_l

Weather4me localization

Any chance for a german translation? :)

nice..
any new about translateto german :)?

I've got a reply from AccuWearther about my program localization.
They said that 33 languages are available for developers.
But this service is not free.

Next my step: I want to contact with their Account Manager.
I'm interesting on how much they want and what agreements.

I want to keep the Weather4me as freeware with ability to end-users to support author by donations.
This help author in future development, tech support, etc.
I'm sure that people should be free in their choice.

Thanks to all.
Sergei

gmdata

Mar 23, 2008
Sofia
problem

Looks really good application.:)But I have a problem with it on my HD Dutty's v3.9. When i open it and go through the tabs the windows wait cursor doesn't stop and the pages are loading very slowly.The AccuWeather.com page doesn't load generally. :confused:

Top Liked Posts