[Q] Enabling other languages?

Search This thread

JanHavlicek

Aug 21, 2004
Prague, Czech Republic
Hi,
I'm currently waiting for my Moto G, it should come in next few days. So I want to ask you - is it possible to enable the other languages, which is normally available on the other Android devices? I mean european languages like Czech, Slovak, Bulgarian and so on...

I've found some general guide for that there, but I'm not sure, if that will work - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2281254

Could you please try it or tell me the options? The fastest solution is usually to flash some other ROM with full language support by default, but this device is so new, that the custom ROMs currently don't exist.

Thank you for your help

pafrana

Jan 30, 2009
Motorola don't plan to add Czech language even in Kit kat update :mad:
Have anyone followed the guide? I guess phone need to be rooted to follow this guide, right?

_ghiottone

Sep 21, 2012
Miskolc
logout.hu
Hi,
I'm currently waiting for my Moto G, it should come in next few days. So I want to ask you - is it possible to enable the other languages, which is normally available on the other Android devices? I mean european languages like Czech, Slovak, Bulgarian and so on...

I've found some general guide for that there, but I'm not sure, if that will work - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2281254

Could you please try it or tell me the options? The fastest solution is usually to flash some other ROM with full language support by default, but this device is so new, that the custom ROMs currently don't exist.

Thank you for your help

The simplest way is the morelocale2 app - with this you can see that which language is "installed".

The hardest way - translate the apps. - Previously I translated the Motorola Atrix 2 ICS & JB's factory rom and the MIUI V5 to Hungarian Language. I'm sorry to read that in Hungarian wont officially planned the distribution of MOTO G - therefore I start the Hungarian translation on Friday.

This is the method:

You need java jdk(after install you need integrate the place of the java file to the enviroment value - path) and the latest android sdk (just copied the adt-bundle-windows_x86-64 to the C:\Program Files) installed on your computer. Then you need the latest apktool.1.5.2, and the install package fromhere - coiped the unziped archives to C:\Windows

I use TotalCommander - i put the apktool.jar and the app which is need to be translateted (and the framework files) in one folder, then "cmd" comand and install the framework files first:

apktool if framework-res.apk

Then decompile the apps (67 apps has language files, for some reason the DeskClock.apk not working):

outwards:

apktool d-s xy.apk

In the decomplied folder there is a res folder in this, you need to create a new folder - values-cz (czech) or values-sl (slovak). You need to see what in the original values-zh-rCN (China is the folder I'm writing it because it was already a good starting point on the Atrix 2) or in the values-zh-rTW and you must create the same files in the values-cz folder (arrays.xml, strings.xml and plurals.xml). If there are raw-zh-rCN folder in the res folder, you need to create a raw-cz folder, and make the same files in it.

I think I will use the some quad-core Qualcom telephone 4.3 apps starting point.

If you complete one .apk, you most recompile the folder

inward:

apktool b xy (only the folder name does not have the .apk's end)

then locate the folder [dist] subfolder in there you need to delete xy.apk (this is new. APK, but it is good for nothing, because they incorrectly signed)

Now there is a folder [build] folder, which contains the [apk] subfolder, now have to TotalCommander and one side - say the left - is the original apk that smooth TC in megnyitol and in there [META-INF] + AndroidManifest.xml is copied to - its sub-pages [apk], overwriting the files that are in there - it's just right.

Now and back again:

apktool b xy

and [dist] folder now has the right to use.

if the cmd drop an error log, you need to find the errors, which is displayed on the command line.

Reactions: Rhyn

jichuan89

Nov 16, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
I have just received the global GSM version of the the Moto G sold in the US (system version 14.14.16.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US), which only comes with 4 languages:
- English
- Spanish
- Portuguese
- French

This paucity of languages is just absurd.

Since it is a gift for a relative in China, I needed the phone in Chinese. Luckily, the UK ROM does include Chinese as a system language (which I discovered at http://blog.clove.co.uk/2013/11/22/motorola-moto-g-languages/), so I flashed the UK ROM following the instructions at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219 .

jormin

Feb 7, 2012
Xiamen
I have just received the global GSM version of the the Moto G sold in the US (system version 14.14.16.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US), which only comes with 4 languages:
- English
- Spanish
- Portuguese
- French

This paucity of languages is just absurd.

Since it is a gift for a relative in China, I needed the phone in Chinese. Luckily, the UK ROM does include Chinese as a system language (which I discovered at http://blog.clove.co.uk/2013/11/22/motorola-moto-g-languages/), so I flashed the UK ROM following the instructions at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219 .

Thank you very much! just orderd my Moto G on Amazon for my mom. This one helps me a lot to get the Chinese language back.:laugh::laugh::laugh::good:

dongdong

Mar 31, 2007
there are some other languages that I dont recognize in the menu, my list is not complete.

senzacionale

Dec 24, 2010
Slovenian Language

Is it possible to install Slovenian language?

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

or is there any godo howto how to do it? I am searching for a whole day without any success :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thank you for your help

The simplest way is the morelocale2 app - with this you can see that which language is "installed".

The hardest way - translate the apps. - Previously I translated the Motorola Atrix 2 ICS & JB's factory rom and the MIUI V5 to Hungarian Language. I'm sorry to read that in Hungarian wont officially planned the distribution of MOTO G - therefore I start the Hungarian translation on Friday.

This is the method:

You need java jdk(after install you need integrate the place of the java file to the enviroment value - path) and the latest android sdk (just copied the adt-bundle-windows_x86-64 to the C:\Program Files) installed on your computer. Then you need the latest apktool.1.5.2, and the install package fromhere - coiped the unziped archives to C:\Windows

I use TotalCommander - i put the apktool.jar and the app which is need to be translateted (and the framework files) in one folder, then "cmd" comand and install the framework files first:

apktool if framework-res.apk

Then decompile the apps (67 apps has language files, for some reason the DeskClock.apk not working):

outwards:

apktool d-s xy.apk

In the decomplied folder there is a res folder in this, you need to create a new folder - values-cz (czech) or values-sl (slovak). You need to see what in the original values-zh-rCN (China is the folder I'm writing it because it was already a good starting point on the Atrix 2) or in the values-zh-rTW and you must create the same files in the values-cz folder (arrays.xml, strings.xml and plurals.xml). If there are raw-zh-rCN folder in the res folder, you need to create a raw-cz folder, and make the same files in it.

I think I will use the some quad-core Qualcom telephone 4.3 apps starting point.

If you complete one .apk, you most recompile the folder

inward:

apktool b xy (only the folder name does not have the .apk's end)

then locate the folder [dist] subfolder in there you need to delete xy.apk (this is new. APK, but it is good for nothing, because they incorrectly signed)

Now there is a folder [build] folder, which contains the [apk] subfolder, now have to TotalCommander and one side - say the left - is the original apk that smooth TC in megnyitol and in there [META-INF] + AndroidManifest.xml is copied to - its sub-pages [apk], overwriting the files that are in there - it's just right.

Now and back again:

apktool b xy

and [dist] folder now has the right to use.

if the cmd drop an error log, you need to find the errors, which is displayed on the command line.