[Q] Bluetooth on Kit Kat

Search This thread

sirx7

Jun 19, 2012
Has bluetooth connection been fixed for Kit Kat?
I am looking to switch to some of the new Kit Kat room (like carbon, slim, etc)

But bluetooth would keep disconnecting
and they don't mention anything about bluetooth on their known issue sections, so could someone verify if bluetooth works on kit kat.

cwyman

Nov 25, 2010
Has bluetooth connection been fixed for Kit Kat?
I am looking to switch to some of the new Kit Kat room (like carbon, slim, etc)

But bluetooth would keep disconnecting
and they don't mention anything about bluetooth on their known issue sections, so could someone verify if bluetooth works on kit kat.

I have been running HellKat and have had no issues with bluetooth.

ithildin

Aug 20, 2007
I think it depends highly on your usage pattern. Most people don't seem to have any problems but then most people don't use bluetooth that often. I'm also on HellKat (01/30 release) and bluetooth crashes regularly. I keep my Pebble connected 24/7 and bluetooth will crash every 1-2 days. If I use bluetooth for tethering, it will crash within minutes. In all cases, bluetooth stops responding and eventually turns itself off. I can't re-enable it until I reboot the phone.

I've tried CM 10.2 stable and 11 nightlies before trying HellKat and they all have the same problem. I think it might have to do Android moving from bluez to bluedroid stack upon JB 4.2. Bluedroid seems to have some nagging bugs (particularly on the Nexus 4) that Google hasn't solved yet. Yes, I've tried that Nexus 7 bluetooth fix floating around - no dice.

If bluetooth matters to you, my advice is to stay away from JB 4.2+ for now.

sirx7

Jun 19, 2012
I experience exactly what you describe. i will stick with Jelly bean for now as i used bluetooth for my headset and it dropping the connection and blasting the music for my work is not very pleasant.
thank you for your post most helpful

I think it depends highly on your usage pattern. Most people don't seem to have any problems but then most people don't use bluetooth that often. I'm also on HellKat (01/30 release) and bluetooth crashes regularly. I keep my Pebble connected 24/7 and bluetooth will crash every 1-2 days. If I use bluetooth for tethering, it will crash within minutes. In all cases, bluetooth stops responding and eventually turns itself off. I can't re-enable it until I reboot the phone.

I've tried CM 10.2 stable and 11 nightlies before trying HellKat and they all have the same problem. I think it might have to do Android moving from bluez to bluedroid stack upon JB 4.2. Bluedroid seems to have some nagging bugs (particularly on the Nexus 4) that Google hasn't solved yet. Yes, I've tried that Nexus 7 bluetooth fix floating around - no dice.

If bluetooth matters to you, my advice is to stay away from JB 4.2+ for now.