[Q] I rooted my NT, Titanium BU can no longer get root privileges.

Search This thread

RooterBooter

May 13, 2012
Hi, all.

I have an original 16 GB NT, which I rooted and gave to my wife as a gift. She has since downloaded several game apps and other apps, including the Amazon Appstore for Android (not sure if this is technically a "root app").

Anyway, she's concerned about losing the content she's already got on the Nook in the event that she needs to get a replacement, since B&N discontinued all their older models and only sell the Nook HD, etc.

My question is, since I can't get Titanium Backup to work, is there another method to backup ALL the content she already has on the NT and restore it to a newer Nook in the event of a catastrophic failure of the device? She has many apps on the NT that wouldn't be saved in her B&N account, due to the fact that she downloaded them through the Amazon Appstore app. What are my options for backup/restore for ALL content on this device?

Also, I was told that "roots go bad after a while". Is this true, and if so, is it possible I need a new root for this NT, and how would I go about re-rooting the device?

Thanks,
RoBo