[Q] moto g not forcing to use ONLY WCDMA

Search This thread

amit694

Mar 23, 2014
hello. i have a moto g 16gb version. actually i want to use only 3g at my location. but my phone is set to preferred 3g mode which means that it uses 3g only when 3g signals are good. so there is no option of using only wcdma or 3g. also tried the phone testing app but no gain. plz solve this.

hello. i have a moto g 16gb version. actually i want to use only 3g at my location. but my phone is set to preferred 3g mode which means that it uses 3g only when 3g signals are good. so there is no option of using only wcdma or 3g. also tried the phone testing app but no gain. plz solve this.

Try this.
In the dialer, press *#*#4636#*#*,
choose phone information,
change WCDMA only.
Turn the radio off and on again.
This may help.
Good luck. :)

Reactions: amit694

amit694

Mar 23, 2014
So check that did you tick "Use only 2G to save battery" option in mobile network setting.

Sent from my G610-U00 using xda app-developers app

actually this option is not there in my phones setting. and i have said that my phone sometimes go to 3g mode when i move to better 3g network coverage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Settings>more>mobile networks>network mode and change it
    (it's in ics menu, don't know about kitkat)

Sent from my A11 using Tapatalk

Try this.
    In the dialer, press *#*#4636#*#*,
    choose phone information,
    change WCDMA only.
    Turn the radio off and on again.
    This may help.
    Good luck. :)