the rare SM-G900M

Search This thread

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
Hey guys, I know this has been posted before, but I need to know specifically where my phone is from..I have the SM-G900M. I think this model is very rare. I hardly see any posts regarding it. I live in the USA on TMobile. When I do a search, I am finding different countries...Brazil, Argentina, Dominican Republic, Chile, Panama. Colombia, Mexico and Peru. Is there anything in "About phone" that can allow me to pinpoint which country?

I am having issues with the power button not always waking up my device, so I wanted to know if a software update will fix it. My device is telling me that the latest software is G900MUBU1ANCE; however, doing a search online, I am finding another update, G900MUBU1ANE2. I need to know which is the most up to date. Any feedback on this would be great!

jvtrigo

May 14, 2013
Hey guys, I know this has been posted before, but I need to know specifically where my phone is from..I have the SM-G900M. I think this model is very rare. I hardly see any posts regarding it. I live in the USA on TMobile. When I do a search, I am finding different countries...Brazil, Argentina, Dominican Republic, Chile, Panama. Colombia, Mexico and Peru. Is there anything in "About phone" that can allow me to pinpoint which country?

I am having issues with the power button not always waking up my device, so I wanted to know if a software update will fix it. My device is telling me that the latest software is G900MUBU1ANCE; however, doing a search online, I am finding another update, G900MUBU1ANE2. I need to know which is the most up to date. Any feedback on this would be great!

Hi man,

This is indeed the Latin American model.
This G900MUBU1ANE2 is the latest update however I have not tested yet.

After I update my other phone Galaxy S3 LTE from JB 4.2.2 to JB 4.3 and get the KNOX as a bonus I am always afraid of updating.

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007

Thanks for this! Just discovered my phone's software ties to Trinidad and Tobago. They are still stuck on the previous firmware. Wish I knew when the update would be rolling out for all SM-900M's. This power button thing is driving me crazy and I know it's software related because it doesn't happen all the time. I don't want to have to send my phone all the way to the Caribbean and back only to hear that they were not able to replicate the issue.

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
Hi man,

This is indeed the Latin American model.
This G900MUBU1ANE2 is the latest update however I have not tested yet.

After I update my other phone Galaxy S3 LTE from JB 4.2.2 to JB 4.3 and get the KNOX as a bonus I am always afraid of updating.

Have you had any issues with your SM-900M? Any power button issues? or lag issues when waking the device? I am wondering if I should try manually installing. I check for updates everyday and nothing...

jvtrigo

May 14, 2013
Have you had any issues with your SM-900M? Any power button issues? or lag issues when waking the device? I am wondering if I should try manually installing. I check for updates everyday and nothing...

Yes, I had.
I have this phone for about one month now and I remember having this issue during the first week, It would take too long for the screen to light up after pressing the power button. I sideloaded Google Now Launcher and the problem went away.
Yesterday I update the firmware for the version above and everything is good so far. I´m using the standard TouchWiz.

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
Yes, I had.
I have this phone for about one month now and I remember having this issue during the first week, It would take too long for the screen to light up after pressing the power button. I sideloaded Google Now Launcher and the problem went away.
Yesterday I update the firmware for the version above and everything is good so far. I´m using the standard TouchWiz.

That's a bit of a relief. Though, I just tried two other launchers and my power button still would take a time or two before waking the device.

jvtrigo

May 14, 2013
Try updating. Download the firmware from sammobile.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

sensei22

May 2, 2011
planning to travel to US and buy one of the variants of the S5 to use it in Mexico. Do you think the 'A' variant would be a better choice than 'M'? I want to make sure that whatever phone I buy will get the latest and greatest official/OTA Android version or at least there is enough ROM development to support a few years of usage.