My M8 Wont turn on

Search This thread

underdogg

Dec 4, 2007
Simular Problem

My Phone; (AT&T HTC One M8 Unlocked, Rooted S-off ), TWRP 2.7.0.0 Recovery, Superuser GOO Manager installed. Flashed the Venom rom using teamwin app. Followed inst, plus youtube video. Did not work first time. Installed backup phone went back to normal, tried flashing again went fine rebooted once rebooted would not turn on, can not get into recovery. Phone powers up and say UNFORTUNATELY PHONE HAS STOPPED WORKING. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ax351

Jul 15, 2014
ipad charger head 5mins, then connect the original

Plugged in my phone to charge last night and woke up this morning and unplugged it. I noticed green LED was not turning off even after unplugging but figured it'd just go away. Drove to work and it was still on so I decided to restart to see if that fixed it. Well, now it WONT TURN ON! Ive held the power button down for about 60 seconds, tried power+up/down volume rocker and am getting no results. If I plug the phone in to my usb on my computer, the LED does not turn on either. Any suggestions? I think i may have to make a trip down to the ATT store today :(

All right so what I've done is I followed you guys what to do. I tried the 16hours charge, no success, hard reset, no success, soft reset no success, drop it from the 10th floor, no success (...joke). So basically I almost late from my work place because of the charging and the complete battery drain then charged a whole day, try to find solutions everywhere but nothing at all... then just now I start thinking as they says you can only use the factory charger to charge (that was all right that is why I am in that situation but .. what if it's not enough to charge that??) yes...thinking about something more but not much more powerful to kind of ignite" the battery. I got an OLD ipad charger (not the small, the old proper IPAD charger head) I connect it together with the factory lead for like 5 mins nothing...I gave a last try with the original charger and original lead and then IT CAME ON!! so if you got a friend, relative, neighbour, girlfriend, boyfriend whoever has an old ipad charger give it a try for like a 5mins and then put the original back...maybe...worth for a try, mine is working now!

neilmceachin

Aug 15, 2013
westland
This may have been addressed already but this morning my HTC m8 was unresponsive and had a green led at the top. I looked around on the net for answers and a forced reset worked for me. I had to press
-power- vol up- vol down
all together and in that order, and my phone rebooted normally and is working fine. I recently enabled ART and that may be a factor but I'm not really sure. Phones working just fine now.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: psycho2097

jeremiah07405

Aug 15, 2014
htc one wont turn on even when charging, found a solution!

My HTC m8 went dead thought battery was drained put it on a charger and nothing!! Almost have up but than I held the power and both volume up and down for about 15-20secs and it turned back on! I was almost about to go to AT&T and get a new phone. So if anyone has that problem try that!:good:

RM Dexter

Aug 16, 2011
Chicago
www.ratedmature.net
Same thing

My Phone; (AT&T HTC One M8 Unlocked, Rooted S-off ), TWRP 2.7.0.0 Recovery, Superuser GOO Manager installed. Flashed the Venom rom using teamwin app. Followed inst, plus youtube video. Did not work first time. Installed backup phone went back to normal, tried flashing again went fine rebooted once rebooted would not turn on, can not get into recovery. Phone powers up and say UNFORTUNATELY PHONE HAS STOPPED WORKING. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Exact same situation and the exact same ROM.

No combo of buttons will get it to boot. It will turn on and then just turn back off. Did you ever have your issue solved?

EDIT: Found a solution. If this happens to you, Press and hold the power button and the vol up button for 10 secs exactly. Then power and vol down. This allowed be to boot into recovery.

I believe what caused it was incorrect firmware for the ROM that I installed.

Last edited:

Blueoval24

Sep 26, 2009
Arizona
Just as an update to original post, I had to go to AT&T and get a new phone. No matter what they (and I) did, it would not turn on. Thank goodness it was under warranty

magicstick5

Dec 31, 2014
Same Here (FIXED)

Plugged in my phone to charge last night and woke up this morning and unplugged it. I noticed green LED was not turning off even after unplugging but figured it'd just go away. Drove to work and it was still on so I decided to restart to see if that fixed it. Well, now it WONT TURN ON! Ive held the power button down for about 60 seconds, tried power+up/down volume rocker and am getting no results. If I plug the phone in to my usb on my computer, the LED does not turn on either. Any suggestions? I think i may have to make a trip down to the ATT store today :(
So, I have a HTC Desire 610. It's quite "new", was released in Feb. 2014. I am rooted and have TWRP recovery. When I soft reboot, it sometimes gets stuck on a black screen, and if taken out of charging, LED stays on. I couldn't turn it on, but next morning, the LED was gone. The phone was dead (no battery). When I plugged it in, it flashed TWRP, and I could reboot fine from there. You need to wait until the phone dies.
Hope it works!

Batamfitzgerald

Dec 30, 2014
Thx so much for the "vol up + power" tip. Turned my M8 on with blazing smiles from it

After reading "Greatest Tip Ever" comment (Thx so much for the "vol up + power" tip. Turned my M8 on with blazing smiles from its owner. ),

I tried the same for my phone which had failed turn on throughout the weekend and walla...it came back on.

A few weeks back i run this RUU RUU_M8_WHL_L50_SENSE60_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_4.25.651.14_Radio_1.09.20.0209_NV_SPCS_1.52_003_release_426232_signed_2 on my HTC One M8 HK Edition little did i know it would become a normal HTC One M8.
The battery is a big problem.

Whoever forwarded the vol up + power , a big thumbs up to you. Thank you so much.

I wanted to upgrade my unlocked "S-Off" HTC One M8 HK Edition to Lollipop 5.1 as am now at 5.0.02.

Kindly advise.

psycho2097

Nov 1, 2010
Raleigh
This just happened to me. Power for 60 sec, power+vol down, ipad charger - nothing. Tried Power+vol up+ vol down, and it worked. OP please put that at the top of the thread. I was almost ready to go to AT&T.

bffs2477

Jun 6, 2016
Wont Work!!!!!!

My HTC One M8 wont turn on! I have tried using all of the power button, volume up button, and volume down buttons! Any suggestions??????

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
My HTC One M8 wont turn on! I have tried using all of the power button, volume up button, and volume down buttons! Any suggestions??????

Any LED when you connect the charger? If not try charging for a few hours to see if this changes.

Also, try the button combos with the wall charger attached, and keep in mind that you may need to hold the buttons for a minute or more for them to work.

Were you doing anything (mods, OTA updates, RUU, etc.) when this condition started? Or it just happened spontaneously?

Last edited:

Kezzer 1

Mar 9, 2017
Hi bit of advice need plz my Htc m8 as turned its self off and now won't charge are turn on I'm gutted as I have photos on there that can't be replaced is there any help out there as to how I could either get it to turn back on are a way of getting my pictures back ?? Any help would be very greatfully appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Vol up and power 15 seconds. Cannot be plugged in.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    There have been no thunderstorms for a while, and it was plugged into the wall with the oem charger. The charger still works but I'm not using it at the moment since I'm being parinoid.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
    Greatest Tip Ever!!!

Thx so much for the "vol up + power" tip. Turned my M8 on with blazing smiles from its owner.
    This may have been addressed already but this morning my HTC m8 was unresponsive and had a green led at the top. I looked around on the net for answers and a forced reset worked for me. I had to press
    -power- vol up- vol down
    all together and in that order, and my phone rebooted normally and is working fine. I recently enabled ART and that may be a factor but I'm not really sure. Phones working just fine now.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app