[Q] Stock Android Apps On Galaxy S4

Search This thread

cfoughty7

Oct 6, 2013
I have rooted my Galaxy S4 with safestrap running 4.3 and am currently attempting to get the stock Android 4.3 dialer and contacts app. After trying to place them in the system apps folder and change permissions, however, the dialer app just crashes. What do I do?

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
Try create flashable zip that contain original SecPhone.apk and SecContact.apk. .... and u should be able to flash it via SS recovery

Swyped from MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
Could you detail on how to do that? Sorry, I'm dumb.

U just don't know how to do it.....:D:D.....FYI next time before u do anything to your phone please make Nandroid backup using Safestrap expecially stock slot rom....just in case something goes wrong .....:D ( i think u forget to push odex files as well with that apk in the first place ) that's why is failed since Stock always have odex.files goes with APK.....:D.....im assuming that u said Safestrap with 4.3 it mean MK2 right?

1. Place the attached Fix.zip file into your SD Card.
2. Go back to SS recovery....make sure Stock slot active
3. Choose install and flash attached Stock 4.3 & Contact Fix
4. Reboot.....and see if that fix your issue.
5. If worked ....then go back to SS recovery again
6. Make sure Stock slot active again
7. Choose back up this time....so next time if something goes wrong u would be able to go back just fine.

GOODLUCK......HOPE THIS WORK......Stock_4.3_Dialer&Contact_Fix.zip.....:D:good::D

cfoughty7

Oct 6, 2013

U just don't know how to do it.....:D:D.....FYI next time before u do anything to your phone please make Nandroid backup using Safestrap expecially stock slot rom....just in case something goes wrong .....:D ( i think u forget to push odex files as well with that apk in the first place ) that's why is failed since Stock always have odex.files goes with APK.....:D.....im assuming that u said Safestrap with 4.3 it mean MK2 right?

1. Place the attached Fix.zip file into your SD Card.
2. Go back to SS recovery....make sure Stock slot active
3. Choose install and flash attached Stock 4.3 & Contact Fix
4. Reboot.....and see if that fix your issue.
5. If worked ....then go back to SS recovery again
6. Make sure Stock slot active again
7. Choose back up this time....so next time if something goes wrong u would be able to go back just fine.

GOODLUCK......HOPE THIS WORK......Stock_4.3_Dialer&Contact_Fix.zip.....:D:good::D

Thanks a lot! And yeah, it's MK2.