[Q] [20a] stuck in cwm bootloop after installing 20b update

Search This thread

LamerDuck

Feb 18, 2013
Mainz
Hi,

i am stuck in a bootloop.
i have an unlocked bootloader and had CM10.1 previously.
i then went back to an old 20a backup i made some month ago.
that worked fine.
my phone downloaded an update to 20b then, and i installed it.

after that i am stuck in a bootloop now. normal booting gives me cwm.
i am not able to turn the phone off and charge it, as mentioned somewhere else, to clear the "boot to recovery" flag.
:confused:
someone knows a way to clear this flag?
Its not important for me if i run stock or CM, but even when i install my CM backup now it still boots into recovery.
holding <down> while rebooting gives me "S/W Upgrade - Please wait while upgrading".
it seems the 20b update is still present and trying to boot into stock recovery, resulting in cwm getting loaded everytime.

(cwm works fine, i can upload a zip and execute it)

greetings

Last edited:

moneyvirus

Nov 29, 2012
Hi,

i am stuck in a bootloop.
i have an unlocked bootloader and had CM10.1 previously.
i then went back to an old 20a backup i made some month ago.
that worked fine.
my phone downloaded an update to 20b then, and i installed it.

after that i am stuck in a bootloop now. normal booting gives me cwm.
i am not able to turn the phone off and charge it, as mentioned somewhere else, to clear the "boot to recovery" flag.
:confused:
someone knows a way to clear this flag?

(cwm works fine, i can upload a zip and execute it)

greetings

i had the same, if you want to install ota updates you should have the "original" recovery.
i flashed it back to stock with LG .kdz flasher. if i remember correct flashing a backup from sd card won't slove this problem.

Greetings
moneyvirus

LamerDuck

Feb 18, 2013
Mainz
i had the same, if you want to install ota updates you should have the "original" recovery.
i flashed it back to stock with LG .kdz flasher. if i remember correct flashing a backup from sd card won't slove this problem.

Greetings
moneyvirus

hm, i remember having the same problem while installing CM. there was something i did to interrupt the loop, and yes, i think the original LG suite or kdz was involved. but i should not need to reflash the original rom.. its just a flag, i should be able to clear it with sideload/zip/button combination.

[edit] maybe i wasnt clear about that: i dont need the 20b upgrade, i would love to cancel the update process, if that makes my phone boot again.

Last edited:

moneyvirus

Nov 29, 2012
hm, i remember having the same problem while installing CM. there was something i did to interrupt the loop, and yes, i think the original LG suite or kdz was involved. but i should not need to reflash the original rom.. its just a flag, i should be able to clear it with sideload/zip/button combination.

[edit] maybe i wasnt clear about that: i dont need the 20b upgrade, i would love to cancel the update process, if that makes my phone boot again.

sorry but i can't help you with the flag... i solved it by reflashing but i have to admit it's quite drastic.

LamerDuck

Feb 18, 2013
Mainz
well..
i will reflash stock i guess.
do you remember which thread/tool/drivers you used to reflash?
i am on win7 and my PC isnt able to load fastboot nor LG mobile usb drivers.
i have them installed but get the yellow warning on both in windows hardware administration page:(

moneyvirus

Nov 29, 2012

LamerDuck

Feb 18, 2013
Mainz
Easiest way to reflash stock is to force an update using the LGMobile Support Tool. Once your phone is connected (I suggest the S/W Update mode) look for the option somewhere in the upper right menu.

Edit: This will also revert to the stock recovery.

if i recall correctly, the LGMobile Support Tool tool wont recognize my phone, since i have a custom kernel, unlocked bootloader and a custom ROM.

i am trying to flash stock ROM now with kdz updater ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069723 ), and if this does not work i am going through every method thats there..:(
total overkill for a working phone thats just too stupid to boot the right option..
@moneyvirus: thx;)

LamerDuck

Feb 18, 2013
Mainz
well. i was able to install stock 20a with kdz updater and link above.
cwm is gone now ofc, but everything at least works.
in some hours i will be rooted and cwm'ed again, but well... its always the same lesson: never touch a running system.
but maybe here's the wrong place to insist on this wisdom;)