[Q] Cyanogen Mod ..

Search This thread

UD3R

Oct 20, 2011
I ROOTed my stock GT-I9300, backed up EFS, made a NANDroid backup via CWM.
Now I would like to install Cyanogen Mod Rom(NO TOUCHWIZ!), to say the least is most optimized as I heard from people.

The reason I want Cyanogen Mod is simple, no annoying Sluggish TouchWiz S*** that Samsung doesn't seem to understand, it's poorly optimized that's the main reason there's no 4.4 for GT-I9300.

I went to www.cyanogenmod.org but the way they install it now is well kind of awkward..
Anyone tried that? Cause on their Download page I didn't see any GT-I9300.

P.S.
No Bloatware! Minimal at the very least.

Last edited:

theBIGone

Jan 21, 2006
Amsterdam
Google Pixel 6
I ROOTed my stock GT-I9300, backed up EFS, made a NANDroid backup via CWM.
Now I would like to install Cyanogen Mod Rom(NO TOUCHWIZ!), to say the least is most optimized as I heard from people.

The reason I want Cyanogen Mod is simple, no annoying Sluggish TouchWiz S*** that Samsung doesn't seem to understand, it's poorly optimized that's the main reason there's no 4.4 for GT-I9300.

I went to www.cyanogenmod.org but the way they install it now is well kind of awkward..
Anyone tried that? Cause on their Download page I didn't see any GT-I9300.

P.S.
No Bloatware! Minimal at the very least.

I really don't know what your problem is. If you go to cyanogenmod.com it gives you the option to download an installer that does all the work for you. I would recommend this option if you don't know what you are doing. Otherwise flash cmw boot loader and download cm11 trough the download page. I9300 is in the list on the left of the page.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i9300

UD3R

Oct 20, 2011
I really don't know what your problem is. If you go to cyanogenmod.com it gives you the option to download an installer that does all the work for you. I would recommend this option if you don't know what you are doing. Otherwise flash cmw boot loader and download cm11 trough the download page. I9300 is in the list on the left of the page.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i9300
Thanks, installed CM11 Nightly. The phone is literary lightning fast, need to get used to the IU though.