Hacked Email app (exchange pin request)

Search This thread

tomi.omni

May 20, 2013
Hi,

I am looking for a hacked email app for my Moto X. Had one on another phone earlier - my server policy requieres a PIN lock, which on the Moto X with voice activation is not very helpfull.

Any hints?

Tomi

xawen

Nov 12, 2008
Annapolis
Couple ways to handle that. If you're rooted, the easiest is to use the Xposed module (can't remember the name, but search modules for Exchange Security).

A better (but not free) way is to use an app that contains the Exchange security to just the app. Nine and Touchdown are the big two. You only get prompted for a pin when you open the app, so it doesn't mess with locks screens. Since the security is still enabled for the Exchange email, you're also less likely to pass off your email admins...

jadeddjay

Aug 27, 2010
i have been messing with that ExchangeNoPIN-v6.0 found in here

i am have a dev edition, rooted, on the 4.4.4 ota. i believe on 4.4.2 i had it working simply by flashing the zip on twrp but this was not the case with 4.4.4. i tried a bunch of different things by trial and error... eventually what i ended up doing the following get this to work (not sure which step was the key).

you have to make sure to clear data and cache in both email and exchange service apps first

i copied email.apk and exchange2.apk from the zip in the aforementioned thread into my phone.

interesting bit on 4.4.4 is that email.apk is in /system/priv-app and exchange2.apk is in /system/app

i took manually copied both apks into /system/app and /system/priv-app using root explorer, and set 0644 permissions for each, rebooted, didnt work, so then i simply manually installed both of them by clicking on the apks (from the original directory, before they were copied to the system folders). this installed them as an "update."

after I did this, everything was working.

Last edited: