New to Android and Rooting, would like some help

Search This thread

Droideraa

Aug 18, 2014
Hello guys, as the title says, i'm completely new to android and rooting. I just got my Galaxy s4 like two days, and I'd like to root it, but there's a lot of ways to do it, and I have trouble finding my paticular device (which will be listed below). I'd like if someone could point me in the right direction be it here or elsewhere, for how I can root this thing without tripping? the warranty (the knox thing), and preferably easy lol.

My device
Galaxy S4 from T-Mobile
Model SGH-M919
Its dated for Fri Feb 14 (if that also helps, since I've seen the date being important being stated for towelroot?)

satyonline

Jan 7, 2013
Before trying rooting please make sure you are using the rooting guide for the correct version(model no.) of your phone. As you may be aware, there are many versions (models) of the S4.

if your intention of rooting is to use custom ROMs, then you can have a look at the 'model no. android development' /'model no. original android development' forums here on XDA for the particular model(verison)of your phone (i9500/i9505/i9506). Custom ROMs almost always are pre-rooted.

you can check your model no. using Settings -> About device -> Model number.

Last edited: