Sprint Family Plan = Smoke & Mirrors

Search This thread

clshores

Sep 3, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Here is the text of the email that I just sent to Dan Hesse. The Framily Plan doesn't save you money at all.

I recently jumped on the Framily plan bandwagon for my 6 lines of service to take advantage of the savings that are advertised all over Sprint.com. I actually started to convince my friends and relatives that they should move to Sprint for this fantastic deal.

Then when I inquired about adding a new line to the Framily plan and found out that there are no discounts on equipment I slammed on the brakes and reversed my feelings. Then I additionally found out that my existing lines would no longer be eligible for discounted equipment. Now I am feeling really deceived.

So the end result of the Framily plan hoax is that the monthly savings you supposedly get are the direct result of losing the discount on new line/renewal equipment. I am so angry about this that I will most certainly move back to the plan I was on previously and since 5 of my 6 lines all expire in the next 6 months I will probably take them elsewhere.

To be the number three carrier and do this to your devoted customers and expect them to help you get new customers shocks and amazes me.

I brought my family's lines to Sprint because they were the best deal for me. I can say that you are now following along the path of money sucking that your competitors have been on for years.

I hope that you get many more of these letters as I will be spreading the word to have everyone I can to contact you about this horrible plan.

Last edited:

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
This could bring up a long debate about phone costs/hidden costs with various carriers. Additionally, with that many phones, you're looking at a pretty high overall cost as they break, age and need replacement. At least when you buy a phone with a carrier like T-Mobile, they are up front about the $20.00 a month extra fee to finance a new phone.
Sprint does not even have the courtesy to discount your plan if you purchase the $700 Note 3 outright or purchase a used phone to save money.
I ended up jumping ship to an unlimited prepaid plan.
Right now my Boost S3 gets the same exact service as Sprint for as little as $45 a month for unlimited everything (the plan reduces every 6 months, dropping $5 from $55 to $45).

I know all the other providers are trying to compete but you're right.
Buyer beware!

Reactions: Keyz450

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
Switching to Framily saves me about $900 per year on 2 lines, more than enough to upgrade every 2 years like before. Or I can buy used phones, Nexus phones, or keep phones longer and save even more.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: noles4life50

i.love.my.galaxy

Dec 29, 2013
Switching to Framily saves me about $900 per year on 2 lines, more than enough to upgrade every 2 years like before. Or I can buy used phones, Nexus phones, or keep phones longer and save even more.

I agree with you ... i have the s3 and been rooting and customizing my phones and when I do that it's like a new phone , and these phones nowadays are good enough to last and stay up to date even just a stock s3
I have 4 lines I have upgrades in april , may and 2 in july , im using the first two and saving the other two for the following year so in all reality by saving 2 I will be eligible for 2 upgrades every year...
:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the text of the email that I just sent to Dan Hesse. The Framily Plan doesn't save you money at all.

I recently jumped on the Framily plan bandwagon for my 6 lines of service to take advantage of the savings that are advertised all over Sprint.com. I actually started to convince my friends and relatives that they should move to Sprint for this fantastic deal.

Then when I inquired about adding a new line to the Framily plan and found out that there are no discounts on equipment I slammed on the brakes and reversed my feelings. Then I additionally found out that my existing lines would no longer be eligible for discounted equipment. Now I am feeling really deceived.

So the end result of the Framily plan hoax is that the monthly savings you supposedly get are the direct result of losing the discount on new line/renewal equipment. I am so angry about this that I will most certainly move back to the plan I was on previously and since 5 of my 6 lines all expire in the next 6 months I will probably take them elsewhere.

To be the number three carrier and do this to your devoted customers and expect them to help you get new customers shocks and amazes me.

I brought my family's lines to Sprint because they were the best deal for me. I can say that you are now following along the path of money sucking that your competitors have been on for years.

I hope that you get many more of these letters as I will be spreading the word to have everyone I can to contact you about this horrible plan.
    This could bring up a long debate about phone costs/hidden costs with various carriers. Additionally, with that many phones, you're looking at a pretty high overall cost as they break, age and need replacement. At least when you buy a phone with a carrier like T-Mobile, they are up front about the $20.00 a month extra fee to finance a new phone.
    Sprint does not even have the courtesy to discount your plan if you purchase the $700 Note 3 outright or purchase a used phone to save money.
    I ended up jumping ship to an unlimited prepaid plan.
    Right now my Boost S3 gets the same exact service as Sprint for as little as $45 a month for unlimited everything (the plan reduces every 6 months, dropping $5 from $55 to $45).

I know all the other providers are trying to compete but you're right.
    Buyer beware!