Anyone had firmware update push?

Search This thread

jiggyb21

Mar 25, 2013
I rooted my Z2 and lost DRM keys. One known side effect is to lose OTA updates. I'm just wondering if people have indeed updated the firmware from 17.1.A.1.2 to 17.1.A.2.55?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

jiggyb21

Mar 25, 2013
To follow up on my original post. Having lost my DRM keys I was unable To OTA the update and also unable to update via the Bridge for Mac application. It notified me of the update but wouldn't proceed.
Lastly I flashed the ftf.

Has anyone noticed any lag? Most notably the pull down notification bar. It's more like a stuttering than lag.

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
Wow you unlocked your bootloader? so that means you will never be able to update it through PC Companion or OTA. You will have to re-lock the bootloader but it won't restore your TA partition. and the camera will not perform well under the low-light.

jiggyb21

Mar 25, 2013
Wow you unlocked your bootloader? so that means you will never be able to update it through PC Companion or OTA. You will have to re-lock the bootloader but it won't restore your TA partition. and the camera will not perform well under the low-light.

Camera is great under low light so far. Updating via flashtool is hardly a bother either. As far as I've read no one knows exactly the ramifications of unlocking the Z2 bootloader, only speculation based on the Z and Z1. I definitely don't see any problem with the camera and I had always turned off the Bravia Engine anyway.

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
Camera is great under low light so far. Updating via flashtool is hardly a bother either. As far as I've read no one knows exactly the ramifications of unlocking the Z2 bootloader, only speculation based on the Z and Z1. I definitely don't see any problem with the camera and I had always turned off the Bravia Engine anyway.

Off topic:
Do you think you can share some pictures of low-light shots of your phone? wanna see if it has that same smoothening algorithm is going or not.
Thanks again, and sorry to ask too much. :silly:

shollywood

Aug 5, 2008

Bravia engine is working on mine after unlocking bootloader....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In OP

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app