[SOFTKEYS] Softkey Collection [05-04 Facebook Home]

Search This thread

devil snake

Jan 30, 2010
Yeah it will only show 3 buttons, like stated in the first post.

It also sais in the first post that only my own styles have MetaMorph files, and these are clearly called MetaMorph. You could consider taking a minute to read before you do anything :) it helps alot!

:eek::eek: Really Sorry :eek::eek:

Thanks A lot.. just applied it using 3rd method... Thanks A Lot!

(And i always read everything, but this time i have an exam in 2 days :p)

darkilluzion

Aug 19, 2011
would anyone make a metamorph for ICS Blue Stock Style by chance?
I cant seem to get the systemUI.apk on my computer for method 3, and method 4 doesn't change anything after flashing and pulling the battery.

method one works just fine though. =]

atticus182

Apr 29, 2010
Lienden
www.antonpost.nl
would anyone make a metamorph for ICS Blue Stock Style by chance?
I cant seem to get the systemUI.apk on my computer for method 3, and method 4 doesn't change anything after flashing and pulling the battery.

method one works just fine though. =]

Update 05-01-2012
Added Stock Blue ICS Style made by me edited from Stock, included cleaner search icon, also downloadable as a MetaMorph .zip file, see the First Post!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

imna357

Mar 31, 2010
washington, DC
Asus Zenfone 9
Great Work

Worked perfectly on my first installation using root explorer, big thanks to all the hard working guys doing this, would love to do modification myself, but family man will not have the luxury of time doing this. Again thanks:)

nikosrs4

Nov 17, 2006
www.thelenscape.com
Xiaomi Poco F3
previewnn.png

a bit smaller than the stock ones. this is NOT a flashable zip, only the images :p

Attachments

• softkeys_blue_osci_nik.zip
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,089

atticus182

Apr 29, 2010
Lienden
www.antonpost.nl
so if I currently have 3 soft keys and install a mod will the search do anything?

nope, it won't be visible :)

Thank you, but I might actually give up. Tried several methods including the Metamorph and I keep losing the bar/icons. Only way to get it back is a nandroid restore. Frustrating.

hmm that is really weird, the MetaMorph method should work fine if you have a rooted GNEX... After you press apply, wait a few seconds and restart the phone it ought to be fine... really weird...

Elemenopee

Apr 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I found and posted the code where it happens:

In packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/KeyButtonView.java

final float BUTTON_QUIESCENT_ALPHA = 0.6f;

It displays the buttons with 60% opacity until they are touched.

So is there a way to edit this file to chage it to 100% opacity? Where exactly is the "packages" directory?

atticus182

Apr 29, 2010
Lienden
www.antonpost.nl
Added:

1. Stock
  2. Stock Reflective
  3. Stock Blue ICS
  4. Stock Blue ICS Reflective

Made by me, edited from Stock softkeys, included a cleaner search icon, including MetaMorph file for every style :)

coltronathon

Nov 17, 2010
nope, it won't be visible :)

hmm that is really weird, the MetaMorph method should work fine if you have a rooted GNEX... After you press apply, wait a few seconds and restart the phone it ought to be fine... really weird...

Yeah the same thing happened to me. I tried to install one via metamorph but perhaps rebooted too soon. I didnt see a confirmation which maybe corrupted something? Anyway since then i tried a few flashable zips including a restore systemui for ics i found elsewhere on xda. Anyway it looks like im stuck flashing a new rom tonight since i didnt nandroid (dumb dumb dumb). If anyone wants to post their systemui.apk though to replace via root explorer i'd appreciate it.

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
Yeah the same thing happened to me. I tried to install one via metamorph but perhaps rebooted too soon. I didnt see a confirmation which maybe corrupted something? Anyway since then i tried a few flashable zips including a restore systemui for ics i found elsewhere on xda. Anyway it looks like im stuck flashing a new rom tonight since i didnt nandroid (dumb dumb dumb). If anyone wants to post their systemui.apk though to replace via root explorer i'd appreciate it.

Problem is even my backed up systemUI.apk will not restore my bottom menu bar. Rebooted it several times with the right permissions without luck.

hxdrummerxc

Jul 14, 2010
Detroit
I actually just thought of a way to add a background behind the soft keys.... !

But before you get too excited, its not a real answer.... but it works... and I don't know why I didn't think of it before....

When using the transparent soft key mod, which removes the black background behind the soft keys (still there is no way to add an image in its place)...... Just add a background to your favorite wallpaper, and it will show up under the soft keys and look just like a background....

The only downside, you have to add this to any wallpaper that you plan on using with a background. But it works, and I think it looks great...

Snapshots:

It is not the most ideal method for adding a background to the softkeys, because it has to be edited into the wallpaper... but it works for now...

If you have experience with any image editor you should be able to take a wallpaper, add a dock or soft-key background to the bottom of it, save the image, set as wallpaper.... and as long as you have the transparent soft key mod installed then your golden....

If you have no experience with image editors, I can take requests.

Im gonna play around with this, see what colors/designs look good. This was just a quick idea.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am proud to present you my collection of Softkeys for the Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I'd be grateful if you want to press the Thanks button if you're going to use these Softkeys!

Read this before you apply these buttons!
    - If your ROM doesn't have a built-in Search or Big Menu softkey, then these images won't be used on your phone, it will only show Back, Home & Recent
    - You need a rooted phone otherwise none of these methods will work! Stock rooted combined with ZipThemer works for most people, MetaMorph not always so preferably use ZipThemer
    - The buttons will be a little less bright on your phone due to a layer of alpha transparency over them when you're not pressing them.
    - IT IS ALWAYS RECOMMENDED TO DO A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THESE SOFTKEY MODS!

Regular Softkeys

Stock
    example.png

Download: REGULAR or ICS BLUE

Stock Colored
    example.png

Download: PURPLE or PINK or RED or Yellow or GREEN

Stock Reflect
    example.png

Stock Small
    example.png

Stock Small Reflect
    example.png

neXus
    example.png

Samsung Galaxy
    example.png

ZTE Grand
    example.png

Sony Xperia
    example.png

Droid RAZR HD
    example.png

Airbrush
    example.png

Facebook
    example.png

Font Based Softkeys

College
    example.png

Elvish
    example.png

Defused
    example.png

Droid
    example.png

Pixel
    example.png

Russia
    example.png

Installation Methods

*** AOKP ***
    1. Go to the Dropbox page of the style of your preference
    2. Download the images you need from the folder and save them (probably to /sdcard/download)
    3. Fire up Settings -> Rom Control -> Navigation Bar and select the images you just downloaded
    4. Done!

*** Paranoid Android ***
    1. Download one of the Softkey themes that starts with MMZT_
    2. Make a backup of your ROM in Recovery
    3. Extract SystemUI.apk from your ROM (located in /system/app) using your favorite File Explorer App with Root access
    4. Open SystemUI.apk and put each image from the MMZT_ file (located in /res/drawable-xhdpi) downloaded in the following folders located at /res (replace the existing images): drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi drawable-sw720dp-xhdpi drawable-sw1000dp-xhdpi and drawable-xhdpi
    5. Paste new SystemUI.apk into /system/app using your favorite File Explorer App with Root access

*** ZipThemer (Recommended, Failsafe) ***
    1. Download one of the Softkey themes that starts with MMZT_
    2. Open ZipThemer. If this is the first time using ZipThemer then you have to select "Update Edify", "Browse", and select the .zip of the ROM you're currently using (this identifies the update script and needed files, if you're using a flashed theme on top of your ROM then please select the theme instead of the ROM) and press "Configure"
    3. Go back to the main menu and press "+Theme", select the downloaded MMZT_ file and press "Build It!". Select "Always" on the popup prompt to make a backup in case it doesn't work or you want to undo
    4. Boot into recovery, and flash the zip on the root of your /sdcard/ like any other flashable ROM/Theme
    5. Wipe your Cache and Dalvik Cache just to be sure nothing weird happens on reboot
    6. Reboot your phone after this and you're done!
    7. If it somehow still fails just flash the "undo-zip" using steps 4-6 :)

*** MetaMorph (Easier but riskier than ZipThemer) ***
    1. Download and install MetaMorph from the Market
    2. Launch MetaMorph at least once so that the folder AndroidThemes will be created on /sdcard/. (You can also create the folder manually if it doesn't)
    3. Download a Softkey Style using the MetaMorph link and move this .zip file to /sdcard/AndroidThemes using your favorite file explorer
    4. Open MetaMorph, choose "Unzip/Extract new theme" and select the .zip file you downloaded. A popup screen will appear, meaning it has been extracted. Press the "Close" button.
    5. Hit the "Apply all!" button and wait +/- 5 seconds (nothing will happen)
    6. Reboot your phone immediately after this and you're done!

Changelog
    21-11-'12: Continued working on new Styles
    01-12-'12: Added some new Softkeys (like Nexus X, Xbox 360, Metal Buttons)
    21-12-'12: Added Droid RAZR HD Softkeys
    22-12-'12: Added Sony Xperia Softkeys
    27-12-'12: Added ZTE Grand and Samsung Galaxy Softkeys
    29-12-'12: Added ZipThemer instructions and Paranoid Android instructions (thanks N4rbs!)
    01-01-'13: Added neXus Style and announced new Font-based Styles
    03-01-'13: Added ICS Blue styles for every 2013 Softkey Style, Colored for Stock Style and Migration of everything to Dropbox (for my convenience)
    08-01-'13: Added 6 Font-based Softkey styles, all of these fonts are hosted on http://www.dafont.org/
    Legacy Softkeys

Legacy Softkey Styles

My Softkeys 2012 - Includes Back-Search-Home-Menu-Recent

..:: Download Here ::..

HTC Style
    examplejc.png

HTC Reflective Style
    exampleik.png

HTC One Style
    examplegd.png

Win7 Style
    examplela.png

Windroid Style
    examplenf.png

Windroid Hollow Style
    exampley.png

dPhone Style
    examplebj.png

iPhoney Style
    examplec.png

iPhoney White Style
    examplebl.png

PlayStation Style
    examplext.png

PlayStation White Style
    examplej.png

PlayDroid Style
    examplekp.png

PlayStation Buttons Style
    examplerk.png

PlayStation Buttons White Style
    examplenx.png

PlayDroid Buttons Style
    examplelv.png

My Softkeys 2011 - Includes Back-Search-Home-Recent

>> Download Images Here <<

>> Download ZipThemer & MetaMorph Here <<

Balloon Style
    examplelc.png

Metro White Style
    examplecg.png

Metro Blue Style
    exampleet.png

Web2.0 Text Style
    exampleq.png

Pixelated Text Style
    exampleqg.png

Pixelated ICS Blue Text Style
    examplexm.png

Roboto V2 Style
    examplevq.png

Roboto ICS Blue Text Style
    examplegl.png

Old Honeycomb Style
    examplevy.png

Metal Square Style
    exampleoj.png

Blossom Style
    exampless.png

Simplistica Style
    examplejz.png

Droidfont Style
    examplel.png

Imonaboat Style
    exampleix.png

Perspective Style
    exampleyp.png

Floral Style
    examplev.png

Honeycomb Style
    examplepqm.png

Ok, for those that wanted it.....here is the link to the original blue reflection icons that I made....

http://www.multiupload.com/0KX21XBZGH

Feel free to add this to the OP if you want.
    Softkeys made by other xda-members

Download ICS Blue Reflection Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by hxdrummerxc, you can thank him HERE
    exampleb.jpg

Download Grunge Reflection Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by hxdrummerxc, you can thank him HERE
    previewxg.jpg

Download Purple Stock Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by SteroidalFish2, you can thank him HERE
    examplef.png

Download Blue Circles Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by s60mike, you can thank him HERE
    examplenv.png

Download Blue Honeycomb Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by s60mike, you can thank him HERE
    examplessa0wz.png

Download Blue OSCI Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by nikosrs4, you can thank him HERE
    previewnn.png

Download Grey Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by nikosrs4, you can thank him HERE
    naamloosbf.png

Download Grey Reflected Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by nikosrs4, you can thank him HERE
    naamloosqh.png

Installation Methods (I recommend Method 1)

Straight from your Galaxy Nexus
    1. Easy Breezy Method - Using MetaMorph (only for the MetaMorph links!)
    1. Download and install MetaMorph from the Market, open it at least once so that the folder AndroidThemes will be created on /sdcard/
    2. Download a Softkey Style using the MetaMorph link and move this .zip file to /sdcard/AndroidThemes using your favorite file explorer
    3. Open MetaMorph, choose "Unzip/Extract new theme" and select the .zip file you downloaded. A popup screen will appear, meaning it has been extracted. Press the "Close" button.
    4. Hit the "Apply all!" button and wait +/- 5 seconds (nothing will happen)
    5. Reboot your phone immediately after this and you're done! Oh, and set a new wallpaper because it may be restored to default (ProTip!)

Thanks alot everybody!

I have converted all these for use with MetaMorph, credit for each icon pack was given in the install pack :)

I will be uploading a few I have modified/made myself

Dropbox Folder Galaxy Nexus MetaMorph Icon Packs

MediaFire Folder Galaxy Nexus MetaMorph Icon Packs

Box.com Folder Galaxy Nexus MetaMorph Icon Packs

You guys know where the Thanks button is located :)
    Ok, I got bored and just created a new set of icons..... :)

Here is the download link, followed by some screen shots:
    http://www.multiupload.com/TGAXLDZU14

Using the words "search" and "recent" were too long for the icons design and font size, so I changed search to "find" and recent to "task" (like task manager)