[Q] General Thoughts on the One M8.. Considering returning to Dev

Search This thread

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
It's a great device, certainly a worthy successor to the m7, if you've had any time with that.

• screen is gorgeous (if not for lacking a little bit of space due to the on screen buttons)
  • the camera effects are a treat and fun to play with. For the most part they work pretty well. 4 megapixels is a shortcoming though, regardless of the ultra pixel size
  • gestures work (they are take it or leave it though, if you use them you love them, if you don't you can do without them)
  • BoomSound kicks and is an improvement over thevbeats audio sound profile
  • OS is extremely quick no lag whatsoever even on bloated stock roms
  • touch screen is extremely sensitive (maybe a touch too sensitive)
  • ample built in storage + sdcard = [emoji106]
  • BlinkFeed much improved over initial versions

There's definitely more I could say but I'm sure it's all stuff you've read in reviews, so I will just give my personal opinion: It's friggin awesome!

As with the m7, the m8 has a very robust development and theme community (in the international m8 forum), however, there's always room for LeeDroid!

Last edited:

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
I use to only but HTC devices. Starting with the Nexus One to the HTC Hero and all the way up to the Evo 3D . I then felt like they weren't what they used to be and felt they were dropping the ball. So I decided to switch to Samsung. I've owned the Galaxy S2, 3, 4, the Galaxy Note 1, 2 and 3. I then started to get a little disappointed in Samsung and had to make a choice of sticking with them and going with the S5 or giving HTC another chance and getting the One M8. Well I decided to go with the One M8 and boy am I glad I did. As with every device there are going to be a few things you wish they would of done differently but in all honesty, this is hands down the best Android device I've ever owned and I've owned a lot so that's saying something. I'm telling you now if your on the fence just jump and jump fast lol. I promise you, you will not regret it. HTC hit it out of the park with this one imo.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zopostyle

Hi All

some of you know me some of you don't, looking for some general feedback and feelings around the One M8 as a device overall from its xda user group.

The plan, providing I manage to get my hands on one, is to get back into Development and resurrect LeeDrOiD Roms.

It's been a while!

Cheers

Man, can't wait to see you back...
Why you just don't consider developing for M7 and M8, the rom is almost the same... But both phones are awesome! I have a M7

gokun

Apr 3, 2008
Just to chime in here, I absolutely love the M8. It's my favorite phone since the HD2.
You should definitely grab one, even if you don't wanna dev on it, just to have.
But of course, on the other hand, the more devs we have for it the better.
:D

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
Hey leedroid! I remember your developing from when I had my old phones. I used to help out sundawg with his ROMs testing and thread maintenance. I am picking my M8 the first week of July when have my JUMP available. The wife just got the phone and I'm jealous. Its an amazing and beautiful phone. We would be honored to have you back deving and this device would be perfect!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

nodiaque

Oct 20, 2008
Yeah old thread, but I decided to search google for leedroid to see what was going on. I was right thinking you weren't dev on xda anymore, but to see that you're maybe coming back! Your rom were awesome. Since I quit your rom for a new phone, I'm on viper and has been with them for my last phones. But if your to come back, to M8.. dam... I'll surely try your rom for old time sake!

sZenpai

Jan 26, 2011
Kao-Hsiung
Hi, The Legendary Leedroid.

I have been using your Leedroid ROM for Desire since 2011.

In fact I'm still using it until now. :cool:

It's good to hear that you are planning to come back.

Can't wait for the next Leedroid..

Regards,

Szenpai

Hi All

some of you know me some of you don't, looking for some general feedback and feelings around the One M8 as a device overall from its xda user group.

The plan, providing I manage to get my hands on one, is to get back into Development and resurrect LeeDrOiD Roms.

It's been a while!

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All

It's been a while!

Cheers
    Excellent. Definitely should consider coming back and doing a ROM for this phone. It's a great successor to the M7.
    It's a great device, certainly a worthy successor to the m7, if you've had any time with that.

• screen is gorgeous (if not for lacking a little bit of space due to the on screen buttons)
    • the camera effects are a treat and fun to play with. For the most part they work pretty well. 4 megapixels is a shortcoming though, regardless of the ultra pixel size
    • gestures work (they are take it or leave it though, if you use them you love them, if you don't you can do without them)
    • BoomSound kicks and is an improvement over thevbeats audio sound profile
    • OS is extremely quick no lag whatsoever even on bloated stock roms
    • touch screen is extremely sensitive (maybe a touch too sensitive)
    • ample built in storage + sdcard = [emoji106]
    • BlinkFeed much improved over initial versions

There's definitely more I could say but I'm sure it's all stuff you've read in reviews, so I will just give my personal opinion: It's friggin awesome!

As with the m7, the m8 has a very robust development and theme community (in the international m8 forum), however, there's always room for LeeDroid!
    I use to only but HTC devices. Starting with the Nexus One to the HTC Hero and all the way up to the Evo 3D . I then felt like they weren't what they used to be and felt they were dropping the ball. So I decided to switch to Samsung. I've owned the Galaxy S2, 3, 4, the Galaxy Note 1, 2 and 3. I then started to get a little disappointed in Samsung and had to make a choice of sticking with them and going with the S5 or giving HTC another chance and getting the One M8. Well I decided to go with the One M8 and boy am I glad I did. As with every device there are going to be a few things you wish they would of done differently but in all honesty, this is hands down the best Android device I've ever owned and I've owned a lot so that's saying something. I'm telling you now if your on the fence just jump and jump fast lol. I promise you, you will not regret it. HTC hit it out of the park with this one imo.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk