enter knox mode with rooted phone

Search This thread

X_Heroine_X

Jul 17, 2012
guys i have important pictures on knox mode.
i want to restore them
i rooted my note 3 and the knox counter is 1
my rom info 4.3 MK2

gschot

Jan 20, 2009
Samsung Gear 2
Samsung Gear S2
Important stuff should always be backed up. Now would be the time you can be happy about all the effort you put into defining and executing your backup strategy. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Dirty flash your stock ROM - *appparently you can access KNOX even if your counter is 0x1 another user done so a month ago or so* - If that doesn't work. Then no-go, you'll have to forfeit your pics and learn a lesson in Note 3 issues. Don't root without knowing the consequences.

gschot

Jan 20, 2009
Samsung Gear 2
Samsung Gear S2
Dirty flash your stock ROM - *appparently you can access KNOX even if your counter is 0x1 another user done so a month ago or so* - If that doesn't work. Then no-go, you'll have to forfeit your pics and learn a lesson in Note 3 issues. Don't root without knowing the consequences.

The whole idea of Knox is to keep your files safe. When the files could still be accessed after tampering with the phone, Knox would be useless. If Samsung could access the files, that would mean that there is still a backdoor in the system, which would be unsafe, which would also render Knox useless.

I take a lot of pics of my kids with my phone. I installed an app that syncs all my important folders to a PC when I plug in a charger at night, so my important stuff gets backed up automatically. You could use Titanium Media Sync (paid app) or Sweet Home (free) to automatically backup your photo's.