[Q] Installing cm 7 or unlock bootloader and install cm 10?

Search This thread

thmmht

Apr 20, 2009
Sony ericsson xperia x8 11W43 e15i firmware version: 2.1 update 1 kernel version: 2.6.29 build number: 2.1.1.C.0.0.

I want to install cm 7 or better 10 on my phone. I know cm 10 requires that the bootloader is unlocked, which it is not.
It has turned out to be a very difficult task and I have not succeeded.

Another user on this forum has made a big effort to get cm on my phone. That is why I know how to root the phone and set usb debugging and allow other software sources.

I have got this software at hand
s1tool, gingerdx v0.31, X8_E15_2.1.1.C.0.0_generic.ftf, cwm.
Furthermore I have been using recoverx from google play.
Nothing worked. Gingerdx never starts, I have tried to let the phone boot for 20 minutes several times.

I also tried the paid wotanserver dot com option in order to get the phone's bootloader unlocked. That also failed, because when I ran the wontanserver software on a windows 7 hp computer, I could not login to wotanserver and execute the bootloader unlocking. Wotanserver could not provide further instructions, and I got a refund.

I am informed about the 11w36 issue, that is why I have not tried to unlock the bootloader using s1tool. If there if new information about how to unlock the bootloader I would very much like to get it?

If you know a working 10usd paid option to unlock the bootloader, please tell me?

I have also in parts read posts about testpoints to unlock the bootloader, but no post has come to a conclusion whether it can be done?

Failing can be related to me not installing correctly or there is some error about the phone.

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
I have got this software at hand
s1tool, gingerdx v0.31, X8_E15_2.1.1.C.0.0_generic.ftf, cwm.
Furthermore I have been using recoverx from google play.
Nothing worked. Gingerdx never starts, I have tried to let the phone boot for 20 minutes several times

You need cwm. Try again and make sure you full wipe(factory reset, wipe Dalvik cache) before flashing.

I am informed about the 11w36 issue, that is why I have not tried to unlock the bootloader using s1tool. If there if new information about how to unlock the bootloader I would very much like to get it?
There isn't anything. Just try the roms that are working with stock kernel.

I have also in parts read posts about testpoints to unlock the bootloader, but no post has come to a conclusion whether it can be done?
No difference. Maybe what you saw wasn't for the x8, but for x10/x10 mini.

hubert123454

Feb 16, 2012
Międzyrzec Podlaski
unlock bootloader is better option and instal cm 7 with nAa14 kernel for better performance.
Cyanogenmod 10 have worst performance than Cyanogenmod 7.2.

If you want play games on X8.

thmmht

Apr 20, 2009
Thank you for answering.

This is what I have done about ten times.

Set and marked usb debugging and other software sources.
Rooted the phone using s1tool.
Installed cwm using recoverx from google play, or a cwm file.
Flashing gingerdx from sd card using cwm.
Reboot.

Everytime the phone gets stuck in boot mode. Then I have to flash X8_E15_2.1.1.C.0.0_generic.ftf_FILES in order to get a working phone.

You ask me to do a factory reset after I have flashed the phone into working order again?

The part about wipe Dalvik cache I do not get. Is that something I do on android 2.1?

When I boot into cwm, which can take several tries, there is a wipe option, do you ask me to select that option before flashing ginger dx?

I get if recoverx worked like it should do, flashing the phone would be a small task.

On this forum in some posts there has been some efforts to testpoints unlock the xperia x8's bootloader. To my knowledge, they did not come to a conclusion.

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
The part about wipe Dalvik cache I do not get. Is that something I do on android 2.1?
No, you will do it from cwm. I believe it is under "Advanced".

When I boot into cwm, which can take several tries, there is a wipe option, do you ask me to select that option before flashing ginger dx?
Yes. If I remember correctly somewhere it says "Factory reset".

Set and marked usb debugging and other software sources.
Rooted the phone using s1tool.
Installed cwm using recoverx from google play, or a cwm file.
Flashing gingerdx from sd card using cwm.
Reboot.
To the above add before flashing gingerdx:
Full wipe.