[Q] SK4G | Quadrant Standard | 1700+

Search This thread

oZerGx

Feb 26, 2012
Hey everyone, I currently run GenericGinger 2.0 I like it a lot. I'm very pleased and as I go around I see people use other roms and they boast about there SK4G getting 14-1500+ and and average around 1700+ Should I be proud? I don't know what the average is but from what I've seen its about 1500.
Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDAH

sidekick_fanatic

Jan 23, 2012
I am on stock firmware, rooted, with voodoo lagfix recovery and also have something called v6 supercharge, my first score was in the 1600's, just ran the test again, and my score is now 1609. not too shabby for kd1 firmware.

Reactions: oZerGx

oZerGx

Feb 26, 2012
Sidekick Fanatic, I've seen you around these forums a lot. I came to the conclusion that you're experienced with the SK4G. Do you know of a way to disable Voodoo recovery so I can flash a rom?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA

G

GuestK0045

Mpst of the roms have voodoo already if not there is an optiion to remove voodoo by going into advance

oZerGx

Feb 26, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I didn't have to disable it for some reason. I took the risk of flashing GingerClone v2 on my GenericGinger 2.0. With out disabling voodoo and it worked. Now my Quadrant Score is about 2000+
When its over clocked.

WolfV2

Dec 9, 2011
Colorado
I'm getting around 2000 as well on Gorious Overdose V2 overclockd to 1.2ghz

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331148767647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331148767647.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 50

sidekick_fanatic

Jan 23, 2012
I wouldnt recommend disabling voodoo on this device. Its a known issue that attempting to convert the partitions back sets the device in a bootloop. I actually tried it myself once, before I knew it was an issue. When I realized it was in a bootloop, I removed and reinserted the battery, booted into recovery and re-enabled voodoo. The device booted normally again after that. I cant say everyone would be that lucky though.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Sidekick Fanatic, I've seen you around these forums a lot. I came to the conclusion that you're experienced with the SK4G. Do you know of a way to disable Voodoo recovery so I can flash a rom?

Thank you for the compliment. I am gonna have to humble myself though. The developers are far more experienced than I am. I just know a couple of tricks. A lot more people would know what I know if they simply did some research and some trial and error. Half of what I know, I learned by screwing something up. The other half I was lucky enough to pick up here in the forums. I read somewhere that 40 per cent of all Android devices are returned. A lot of people wont take the time to work on a device and get it running smoothly. For most people, its either returning a device or switching roms till they find one with the least problems, rather than find the problems and eliminate them. i know what most of the problems are with this device, but not every sidekick has all the same problems. so it takes time to test drive the device and track down every single problem. Its really just a matter of taking that time and doing a little homework. Because no matter what you do to this device, I guarantee it will still have problems, unless you know the real source of all the problems.

WolfV2

Dec 9, 2011
Colorado
Its really just a matter of taking that time and doing a little homework. Because no matter what you do to this device, I guarantee it will still have problems, unless you know the real source of all the problems.

This is very true. I have bricked both my SK4G and my Kindle Fire, both of which I have been able to recover (the KF on multiple occasions) with a little bit of searching around the forums and a little common-sense.
These things are like computers- you never really "break" it, you just make it stop working :D

BTW: With supercharger script + overclock I got a better score

Attachments

• shot_000003.jpg
    shot_000003.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 39

xmeatizmurderx

Jan 23, 2009
minneapolis
Almost all the ROMS released after glorious overdose are basically glorious overdose with a few tweaks, those devs used GO as a base. That being said it all comes down to which works best for you as everyone has different needs and a lot of the roms are tweaked differently. v6 should help with your speed a lot although I find it odd that you guys are getting higher quadrant scores with it usually those are lower. You shouldn't base your opinion on a rom off of what quadrant you get though, cyanogen proved that quadrants are flawed years ago and they mean very little in actual user experience.

d3xtro.

Dec 26, 2011
Gingerclone v2, supercharged, and overclocked

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331663837668.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331663837668.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 28

WolfV2

Dec 9, 2011
Colorado
What are you OC'd to? I usuallydo either 1.2 or 1.25 just depending on what I'm doing...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am on stock firmware, rooted, with voodoo lagfix recovery and also have something called v6 supercharge, my first score was in the 1600's, just ran the test again, and my score is now 1609. not too shabby for kd1 firmware.