[SOLVED] *backup* android system wakelock

Search This thread

TjPhysicist

Dec 23, 2007
Using AOKP b29, faux123's kernel.
I have unchecked "backup" (to google servers) under settings, i have frozen every app that has "backup" in its name (1 of them the google's backup transport service the other 2 are rom related).

But no matter what I do, my phone NEVER goes into deep sleep, and a closer look shows that its always awake since something called "*backup* android system" keeps waking it up...HOW, what backup? I unchecked the setting and froze the backup transport service in TB..please help.

ETA: For anyone who cares, I solved this by reinstalling after a full wipe, no TB restores, and making sure i did not check auto backup in google set up.

Last edited:

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Just had this happen on stock 4.0.4. looking at the logs it seems to think there's a backup job underway so not sure what's going on. I'm going to live with it for a few days and see if maybe it'll clear up by itself. Its hurting battery but I think I can make it. Let's see.

TjPhysicist

Dec 23, 2007
Just had this happen on stock 4.0.4. looking at the logs it seems to think there's a backup job underway so not sure what's going on. I'm going to live with it for a few days and see if maybe it'll clear up by itself. Its hurting battery but I think I can make it. Let's see.

Finally figured it out by accident. I reflashed the rom, and DID NOT select auto backup at setup this time, and now it all works fine. Somehow me unticking the backup thing did not work the first time.

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Finally figured it out by accident. I reflashed the rom, and DID NOT select auto backup at setup this time, and now it all works fine. Somehow me unticking the backup thing did not work the first time.

I'm completely stock and I'm not about to wipe the phone. I'll let it go for a few days and then try a restart. If that doesn't fix it then I'll have to evaluate my options. I really really don't want to wipe the phone. Apart from this issue starting out of nowhere today the phone is running perfectly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TjPhysicist

Dec 23, 2007
I'm completely stock and I'm not about to wipe the phone. I'll let it go for a few days and then try a restart. If that doesn't fix it then I'll have to evaluate my options. I really really don't want to wipe the phone. Apart from this issue starting out of nowhere today the phone is running perfectly.

Try unchecking backup and rebooting, that MIGHT help, iff on 4.0.4 that is.

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Doesn't that wipe your backup data on Google? Not sure I want to mess with that just yet. Even though I have 100% wake time my phone still gave me 15hrs of battery life with 4+hrs of screen time so its not killing me too badly.

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Doesn't that wipe your backup data on Google? Not sure I want to mess with that just yet. Even though I have 100% wake time my phone still gave me 15hrs of battery life with 4+hrs of screen time so its not killing me too badly.

Fyi all I did was reboot the phone without unchecking anything and it fixed the issue. Thank god. :)