New ROM :: 407 OFFICIAL GB ROM IS OUT

Search This thread

Mieki

Apr 24, 2009
Thanks for the links. I dared to reflash it and now it's on a continous loop of the dell logo. Gonna try to redo everything again. Hope it works out fine.

EDIT: Odd, I still get the Dell logo. Whenever I remove the battery to reboot it due to freezing at logo, the recovery reverts to 347/00. Redownloaded 407 and the necessary recovery/amss/dsp1 with it and still nothing.

Is 10 mins long enough after putting in the 407 Recovery and Rom?

Last edited:

gabriel30

Jan 5, 2009
Manchester, UK
Thanks for the links. I dared to reflash it and now it's on a continous loop of the dell logo. Gonna try to redo everything again. Hope it works out fine.

EDIT: Odd, I still get the Dell logo. Whenever I remove the battery to reboot it due to freezing at logo, the recovery reverts to 347/00. Redownloaded 407 and the necessary recovery/amss/dsp1 with it and still nothing.

Is 10 mins long enough after putting in the 407 Recovery and Rom?

OK,

1. recovery mode (volume up+down+power)
2. factory reset
3. flash update

let me know if this dont help you, then try something else

Reactions: Mieki

Mieki

Apr 24, 2009
Alright, here's a step by step of what I've done so far

1) Reflash amss/dsp1/recovery to 407

2) Do a factory reset

3) Install 407 rom

4) Get stuck at Dell screen logo.

I've seem to have done all the steps correctly. Default nv checked #2 comes out everytime I flash the recovery to 407, is this important? I tried to google it but nothing important comes out.

cdzo72

2) Do a factory reset

3) Install 407 rom

I've seem to have done all the steps correctly. Default nv checked #2 comes out everytime I flash the recovery to 407, is this important? I tried to google it but nothing important comes out.

Try reformatting t the internal SD

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Mieki

anzhar

Jan 31, 2011

2) Do a factory reset

3) Install 407 rom

hi

I upgraded from 351 to 407 in about 45 mins, I just followed this post -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24259508&postcount=452

do what he did

go into fastboot

flash 350 recovery

reboot into recy (dont let phone boot up) flash 350 rom, which you need to save in your sd card as update.pkg

reboot when its all done

setuo your wifi, leave for a few minutes and you will get notification upgrade available, then just select ota update.......

Last edited:

Mieki

Apr 24, 2009
I got to mine by removing t that little piece of plastic... Takes about 5 minutes with a hobby knife

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, still can't do any physical alteration to the phone. Tried using a 351 copy as well, also hangs up on the dell logo and returns to the white screen reverting back to the emergency copy. Read the last 15 pages, done everything step by step and made sure the files are right via md5 hashes but still no dice.

EDIT: Finally got it working again! Had to flash streakmod and clear all the caches. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

laksamba

Dec 9, 2011
After installing this, fastboot flash streakmod, then go directly in streakmod and flash superuser.zip. You will now be rooted. Also, since this is a stock rom, when it boots it will overwrite streakmod with stock recovery. In /system folder there is a file named something along the lines of install-recovery-from-boot.p or similar. Delete this and it won't overwrite.

while trying to root... mine gets stuck in dell logo... any suggestions?? i am using the olleh rom, 407.

Urbanos

Apr 24, 2012
Try a different recovery or reinstalling the recovery. Factory reset. Clear caches etc

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA

aariss

Nov 1, 2011
my experiment just now... upgrade to gingerbread 2.3.3...
but somehow all 3 button intermittent blinking...

step to upgrade...
dload http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/407/recovery.img
dload http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/Streak_407_20707_14.pkg
copy Streak_407_20707_14.pkg to sd card...
rename it to update.pkg...
enter fastboot...
flash recovery.img...
flash reboot...
press vol up + down...
choose "Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card"...
press shutter/camera...
sit & relax...

stuck at DELL logo around 20 minutes...
take out battery...
press vol up + down + power on...
choose "factory reset"...
phone restart & OLLEH logo appear... viollaaa...

i read from forum saying that blinking is cause of recovery.img & update.pkg isn't same but i confirmed that i dload both together...
so in this case how to rip off the blinking issue...?
many thanks...

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
If you're getting blinking leds, did your rom install properly?

Try again but with the 350 recovery I guess.

cdzo72

my experiment just now... upgrade to gingerbread 2.3.3...
but somehow all 3 button intermittent blinking...

step to upgrade...
dload http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/407/recovery.img
dload http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/Streak_407_20707_14.pkg
copy Streak_407_20707_14.pkg to sd card...
rename it to update.pkg...
enter fastboot...
flash recovery.img...
flash reboot...
press vol up + down...
choose "Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card"...
press shutter/camera...
sit & relax...

stuck at DELL logo around 20 minutes...
take out battery...
press vol up + down + power on...
choose "factory reset"...
phone restart & OLLEH logo appear... viollaaa...

i read from forum saying that blinking is cause of recovery.img & update.pkg isn't same but i confirmed that i dload both together...
so in this case how to rip off the blinking issue...?
many thanks...

I would suggest flashing the amss and dsp1 files in fastboot

SGS II I9100 from TapaTalk

william58

Mar 31, 2011
Tacoma
www.moskovita-photography.com
Let's see...if the timeline holds true for people in the United States, that means
Dell "should" release it sometime in what, August of 2012? LOL.
By that time, should be well into use the Samsung Galaxy Note.
Lack of support from Dell is probably the #1 reason a lot of us, even though they
love the device, won't be tempted to purchase another Dell device ;)
Amen!!! Dell dropped the ball on that one!

bestjsg

Aug 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I read that there are only Korean and English only , and like to clarify, does this mean it will not even display other languages at all ? (in particular Chinese...can it be added ?)

da_jojo

Nov 19, 2006
Utrecht
houseofyu.nl
blinking leds problem

i was having some trouble with the google talk not able to use the videostuff and the front cam , so i decided to be an idiot an upgrade to the 407 build.

from europe 351 - 00 baseband (nl / uk / de )
here is how u do it properly :

1) skip the bull**** and so called i-know-it-all-so-read-the-fukin-manual things
2) get ur fastboot ready (plenty of nice tuts)
3) get recovery image and pkg here http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_5 and also streakmod recovery
4) do fastboot the streakmod recovery and with this make a nand backup.fastboot the recovery image (407) in the streak and the streak_407_bla.pkg on the sd-card root and rename it to update.pkg also put superuser.zip on the sdcard root
5) on restart you had pressed both volume keys and it will show you options
6) choose option for upgrade with update.pkg
7) let it work and it will reboot .. while doing that you press both volume again
8) now do factory reset in the recovery menu
9) let streak boot up and wait for too long for it to show up
10) set ur google account and goto market and download astra file explorer
11) turn on wifi
11) notice the leds are blinking (or maybe not if ur lucky)
12) ignore leds blinking and goto browser and type adress: http://mobileupdate.dell.com/PackageProductionLocations/Streak_407_20707_14.pkg
13) let it download and when finished tap to run it (in systemnotification)
14) you see some hocuspocus and the device will reboot and start upgradeprocess
15) DO NOT TOUCH IT !!! wait for it to do a couple of reboots and you see a second flash thing going on with y3. something on the left.
16) wait for it to finish and reboot and you see the famous lock-screen which one cannot get rid of (please tell me how if you know)
17) so now that u here you can turn of device and start fastboot streakrecovery mod
18) press both volume keys to get in recovery mod and wipe all 3 caches. install from zip : superuser.zip and after fix permissions
19) reboot
20) now you are ready to do the upgrade to google play and update all apps
21) enjoy ? or get it bit more and download supersu and install this and let it install updated subinary.
22) now start supersu and give it permission. exit the prog and get a systemapp remover to remove superuser program
23) reboot and start supersu and exit it
24) get rootexplorer and rename system/etc/install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak
24) reboot and start in fastboot and put streakmod recovery back
25) see if you have installed google play and google+ and rebooted then use systemapp remover to remove olleh branded google+ and mediaprog .. set keyboard to default android and remove kt keyboard
26) download en install all updates for the programs in google play my apps section and reboot after it
27) install from google play link2sd and set in this program the filter to updated apps now for every one clean cache and data and then move to system
27) reboot again...
28) press both volume to get into recovery mode and press camera on update from update.apk now in advanced menu goto nand and do full backup
have fun

edit:

installed:
system tuner pro and set it to apply tweaks at boot
busybox free and put busybox 1.20 in the system bin
install handcent sms with green skin.. so much cooler.. and in there set it as system app for sms/mms then uninstall messaging with sysapremover
uninstall prog clock and install alarm clock plus
vignette for the so much better camera support
t-mobile app and qr-reader
link2sd pro (if you want to install apps to the sdcard and move upgraded system-apps to system
flashlight (neat prog for using ur phone as flashlight and more)
instant heart rate (to measure u aint gettin to stressed out lol )
ip-webcam to turn streak into a ip-cam
igcamera (just the use of volume keys for zooming makes it pricesless)
live dmesg and live logcat coz it looks way better then olley
Vtok for the google talk videocall support
zp dashboard pro for the gps test and coz it can be used in car to project it on the frontscreen
gps status (manual update aGps data and reset sensors)
gps essentials (nice customizeble gps prog which can even find your bike)
lucky patcher (gotta love this)
moboplayer for mediafiles

notes:

Titanium backup doesnt work for restoring user-data.. just for reinstalling apps its nice. use built-in handcent backup/restore for missed calls/sms/mms and stuff

ps: do not ask..

Last edited:

bestjsg

Aug 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I read that there are only Korean and English only , and like to clarify, does this mean it will not even display other languages at all ? (in particular Chinese...can it be added ?)

nevermind, i flashed 407, and i can still read Chinese…anyhow i then went ahead and put CM7, my streak is now flying....highly recommanded ..

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA

genman39

Jun 10, 2012
I just got around to updating mine from 2.2.2 and so far the only snags I've come across are the Korean keyboard option and the Stock Galary app not working.
Neither are big problem as theres plenty of other Apps and keyboards that do away with the need for the stock stuff.
The Dell is now quite a bit smoother and loads web pages better...overall a worthy upgrade and with a few tweaks is as good as my Samsung Galaxy s and close to the S2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I'm NeCoritol

Moments ago, Dell streak 5's OFFICIAL GB ROM was OUT
    (Sorry, my English)

Region :: Korea, Republic of

Carrier :: Olleh (KT)

DOWNLOAD :

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/PackageProductionLocations/Streak_407_20707_14.pkg
    Rom:
    Version: 407
    Build: 20707
    Android version: 2.3.3
    Build date: Dec 1, 2011

Changelog:
    • First official 2.3.3 pkg
    • Dell Stage 1.5
    • Swype 2.27.69.19339
    • BB version is named GAUSB1A1406214-xx instead of GAUSB1A140714-xx

It's exactly as simple as it sounds, it is only a marginal update from 406, but it's an official PKG. Recommended to flash the pkg for the proper basebands as per the general recommendation. (ie. 360 for any froyo custom rom users and this one for any gingerbread custom rom users) Manually flashing the amss and dsp1 is NOT recommended if it can be avoided, now that it is out it CAN be avoided.

Guides:
    (Read this to learn how to flash recoveries with fastboot)

Install instructions:
    1. Recommended: make a backup of userdata with preferred method
    2. Flash a region 14 recovery: stock 407 recovery.img
    3. download 407 update.pkg
    4. copy update.pkg to sdcard
    5. reboot into recovery mode
    6. follow onscreen instructions
    7. finished
    8. optional: reinstall streakmod
    9. optional: root with superuser.zip

Stock Deodexed + slimmed varient:
    407 is available as a zipaligned, deodexed, and slimmed down version:
    It has had all it's bundleware and enginneringmode apps removed.

Mod compability:
    • From 406 compatable roms:
      • Portrait mod
      • Theme mods

All previous GB based roms are 406 compatable, so any mods that were designed for 406 should work on 407
    Dude, don't wait any longer to move to a custom ROM. I did the same thing you did, going to 407 first. There are so many issues with it, I wish I'd made the jump to DSC ROM sooner. Everything works now, and is so much smoother than 407 was. I'm very pleased with DSC as it stands now. It's convinced me to hang onto the Streak for a little longer, maybe see what the next Nexus device is like.
    I got that when I had the wrong recovery flashed. If you are running a stock rom and flash the correct recovery, DO NOT let your phone boot after flashing the recovery. If you do, the stock recovery for your rom will be reinstalled upon boot. Flash the necessary recovery and do not reboot. Pull the battery, and immediately power up into recovery (both volume buttons). Update again and see if the problem remains.
    Once i install this. Can i then install Streaknod? Or will phone no longer be rooted?
    After installing this, fastboot flash streakmod, then go directly in streakmod and flash superuser.zip. You will now be rooted. Also, since this is a stock rom, when it boots it will overwrite streakmod with stock recovery. In /system folder there is a file named something along the lines of install-recovery-from-boot.p or similar. Delete this and it won't overwrite.