[ROM] AOKP Milestone 5 *UNOFFICIAL* [4/29/2012]

Search This thread

kwan

Sep 6, 2006
I have a question related to Recoveries. I had to flash CWM recovery in order to successfully flash the "official" AOKP, mainly in order to use Google Wallet. Now, all my backups had been created using TWRP recovery. Do I need to fastboot to TWRP in order to access those backups?

bankO_mAn

Apr 30, 2012
How is everybody elses battery life? I went out and ran errands this morning and got home and it was down to 9%. It lasted roughly 6hrs. Normal use, cdma radio only. Texted, checked facebook a few times, and a couple short phone calls. I even had the phone underclocked to 1ghz and using franco kernal.

I havent really used the phone stock so not sure what to expect, but I've read of people getting 10-13hrs on similar use?

phrac

Jan 15, 2009
How is everybody elses battery life? I went out and ran errands this morning and got home and it was down to 9%. It lasted roughly 6hrs. Normal use, cdma radio only. Texted, checked facebook a few times, and a couple short phone calls. I even had the phone underclocked to 1ghz and using franco kernal.

I havent really used the phone stock so not sure what to expect, but I've read of people getting 10-13hrs on similar use?

I haven't had much luck on the franco kernel myself either. I might give another kernel a shot and see how it works.

brianbgrp

Dec 20, 2011
antioch, california
If you do try trinity...which I highly recommend...be sure to.give yourself a day to adjust to the colors before anything. After a day you won't want to go back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

brianbgrp

Dec 20, 2011
antioch, california
I get decent battery on trinity. Not the best but the performance is exceptional...

No the colors aren't really tweakable...with the beta voodoo app you can a little ive heard...but I see no reason to. Its the cleanest color setup I've seen. Just like I said...give your eyes a day to adjust. You will prolly think it is too blue at first. But that's mainly your eyes being adjusted to the stock yellowish colors IMO. After a day everything else looks wrong. Lol

Reactions: journeyman73

brianbgrp

Dec 20, 2011
antioch, california
PS. With the trinity test tuv1036 kernel people are getting 3-5 hours screen time. And even underclocked they notice no real speed loss

emd2009

Jun 3, 2007
Anyone wanna post their CPU, gov, i/o scheduler, and voltages with the trinity kernel?!

twoeleven99

Sep 17, 2009
NYC/TAMPA
www.leopolancophotography.com
Battery life is pretty decent for me with Franco kernel no under clocking.. I sent over 400 text messages today and was checking my social media every now and then. If it can get better with another kernel I'll give it a shot
60fc8f0c-7331-5945.jpg
60fc8f0c-733b-106c.jpg

phrac

Jan 15, 2009
Battery life is pretty decent for me with Franco kernel no under clocking.. I sent over 400 text messages today and was checking my social media every now and then. If it can get better with another kernel I'll give it a shot
60fc8f0c-7331-5945.jpg
60fc8f0c-733b-106c.jpg

Wow, that is impressive battery and screen on time.

stompysan

Feb 1, 2011
Is anyone having issues with the Amazon appstore? I am getting "There is a problem parsing the package" any time I try and install an app. Works fine with stock. Hmm...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an UNOFFICIAL BUILD! AOKP is now making official builds, so please check those out. This is likely my last build since teamkang will be making official builds. Check out http://rootzwiki.com/topic/24350-aokp-toroplus-april-28-milestone-5-404/ for more information on official AOKP builds!

This is my first attempt at a ROM build, I take no credit, I just built it. The usual disclaimers apply, not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, house on fire, etc. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

AOKP For Sprint Galaxy Nexus

I'm a big fan of AOKP so I decided to build this for the Sprint version of the Galaxy Nexus. It is a build straight from the AOKP git repo using BRD's/EOS vendor and device tree.

For more information about AOKP and its features, visit the AOKP site at: http://forum.aokp.co/page/news

I have not fully tested this but everything appears to be working. I have *not* tested MMS so I cannot confirm or deny that it works.

This was a rushed build, I still need to clean up my source tree as I kind of made a mess. Again, I'm trying to learn how to do this stuff. Any feedback would be appreciated!

KNOWN BUGS
    • GPS not working for some, I will rebuild later with a fix, but you can use this fix from the CM9 thread for now Fixed in build #2 (credit djcense, drdrewdown)
    • Some users experiencing problems with Google wallet.

CHANGELOG
    • 4/29/2012
      • Update to Milestone 5
      • Add some tweaks from CM9 device tree
    • 4/28/2012 - #2
      • Cleaned up source tree for future builds
      • fixed GPS with missing lib_gsd4t.so (credit djcense, drdrewdown, CM9)
    • 4/28/2012 - #1
      • Initial release

FIRST TIME INSTALL
    1. Boot into recovery (tested with CWM & twrp - no asserts at this time)
    2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    3. Flash AOKP
    4. Flash gapps
    5. reboot

UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS AOKP BUILDS

1. You do not need to wipe unless otherwise noted!
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash GAPPS
    4. Wipe cache/dalvik
    5. reboot

DOWNLOAD

Big thanks to the AOKP team, bigrushdog, team EOS, and all the fellows in the #gn-sprint IRC channel on Freenode.
    have u had a chance to post m5? thnx for ur work man. battery life has been the best I've had on this device. really excited

Working on uploading M5 now. It will probably be my last build since teamkang is making official builds now. I'll update OP shortly.
    Looks like the official AOKP build is uploading.
    I updated OP with the second build of the day. This new build should fix GPS for those that haven't already pushed the lib to /system/lib.