[MOD][TouchWiz] 240 dpi Apps.

Search This thread

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Droidstyles...obviously. I mean I wush I knew what apk it is and how to decompile and edit the xml to fix it. And I would which is why I asked for a guide. Lol not going back to 320 dpi so back up doesn't matter atm

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Droidstyles...obviously. I mean I wush I knew what apk it is and how to decompile and edit the xml to fix it. And I would which is why I asked for a guide. Lol not going back to 320 dpi so back up doesn't matter atm

Ahh I see...posts with more detail always help...Im no mind reader :p

jdedeaux

May 23, 2008
I tired 240 but had to switch back. Can't seem to find s working keyboard 4 Samsung and fix for beans aosp lock screen

qwerty017

Jan 31, 2007
Tried the clock and it was force closing on me. Wiped data so now it at least opens but it still closes when trying to add an alarm. Anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Haha I tried to find them and didnt lol...opened the zip and realized it was apk structure. Haha remaned. Oblivious. My bad lol -_-x

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Just looked through the entire thread again. No where does it mention that the multiwindow download needs to be renamed from a .zip to .apk....maybe you didnt realize the multiwindow_flashbar.apk link really leads to a download called flashbarservice.zip....

Reactions: droidstyle

droidstyle

May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Haha I tried to find them and didnt lol...opened the zip and realized it was apk structure. Haha remaned. Oblivious. My bad lol -_-x

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Just looked through the entire thread again. No where does it mention that the multiwindow download needs to be renamed from a .zip to .apk....maybe you didnt realize the multiwindow_flashbar.apk link really leads to a download called flashbarservice.zip....

yes that one needs to be renamed .apk then it should work. thanks for pointing that out!

Last edited:

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
No prob d-styles. I'm gonna work on decompiling the one handed apps tonight. Hopefully one handed operation is within the apk and not the framework dimens.xml

qdroid

May 15, 2010
Should we be renaming camera.apk to the samsung name or are these apks not the right ones to use for beans?

Sent from my Note 2

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Should we be renaming camera.apk to the samsung name or are these apks not the right ones to use for beans?

Sent from my Note 2

nvm - saw another thread while searching for "240" that had the flashables from the sprint variant

droidstyle

May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne

Sent from my Note 2

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

nvm - saw another thread while searching for "240" that had the flashables from the sprint variant
the links in the op are all you need. no the only one that needs renamed is the multi window.apk. if you have cwm recovery just flash them.

droidstyle

May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
No prob d-styles. I'm gonna work on decompiling the one handed apps tonight. Hopefully one handed operation is within the apk and not the framework dimens.xml

sweet! maybe we can get a mod to hijack the second post and you can post em there...that way we can keep them all in one thread!

Deckoz2302

Dec 3, 2012
Raleigh
Im also going to edit Photoshop to show all features properly @ 240 as currently the application only shows full GUI at 200dpi or smaller. I will provide edited XML files but you will have to inject the files to your apk on your own as I will not provide liscensed apps.

Ill also try to work on 240dpi of the gs3 photo editor. So 6 apps should make a busy weekend rewriting xmls...we will see what I can do

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not my work...these files are from the international note2 & gs3 which are both exynos devices. I tested the apks listed below and they work just fine on the I605 Note 2. If you are running 240dpi you will notice some of the apps are not sized correctly...this mod will fix that. Must be flashed in CWM recovery! Not all of the apk's in the thread links are compatible...MAKE A BACKUP Before Flashing!

LINK(*do not use the flashbar.apk or launcher.apk they do not play nice from this link)
    LINK2

*Here are the 240 dpi apk's for folks who do not have a custom recovery! You must push this to the system/app folder..Rename the original your replacing .bak that way its easy to restore simply by removing the .bak extension.

Calculator.apk
    Camera.apk
    Clock.apk
    Mutliwindow_Flashbar.apk(this will need to be renamed .apk before pushing to system/app)
    Email.apk
    Exchange.apk
    I have gotten Xposed Tweakbox working on beansrom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15uhhecmarl0bdp/XposedInstaller-ICS_JB-rc2.apk
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3v85gxlhy3qgwf/XposedTweakbox.apk

... basically if you add at line of code such as

Code:
    <int value="320" name="dpioverride/com.sec.android.app.popupcalculator/density"/> (density)

to the data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.mods.tweakbox/shared_prefs/de.robv.android.xposed.mods.tweakbox_preferences.xml

this sample line of code can be used for any DPI. it will basically enable us to not have to edit any of the samsung APKs. But instead enables a feature similar to Paranoid android, where you can create a line for any application installed on your device to run at any DPI you want, while your system runs off the DPI of your build prop. For example I run my system at 200dpi, however now with Xposed, SamsungIME.apk(the keyboard) will run at 320dpi leaving onehanded operation fully functional. This can be done with all apps. Have fun. All credit goes to rovo89. All I did was find it and test it out. Let me know if you guys have questions.
    The flashbar service force closed, so beware.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    thanks guys...ofcourse the only 2 apks i didnt test do not work lol. op updated to reflect that!
    Could you please post the camera and calculator APK's Thanks in advance!

done