MA6 OTA!!!!

Search This thread

midn1ght

Mar 4, 2009
stock rooted w/ cwm recovery to start. flashed stock recovery via Odin> updated from sdcard> flashed cwm>rerooted>done. couldn't have been easier.

Reactions: yaniel06

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
When I click about phone system update, it says my system is up to date :( I am on LJ7

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

bluesmoke2012

Feb 7, 2013
Anyone one from the tampa bay florida area get this ota yet ? If not if you do please pm if you get it so i can check lol

its amazing how wpb can get the ota but tampa hasnt got it and its only a couple hour distance apart lol

blkhwkz

Nov 16, 2008
I know this said it includes a voicemail app update and after installing it was showing as new version in Titanium when I ran a backup. Was in the vm app and checked for updates and it said there was a newer version and it installed T.5.3.3.16. The one in today's update was I believe 5.2.x. This 5.3 version has 2 themes light and dark you can select between. Have to check and see if this fixes my issue of visual voicemail stopped notifying me I have vm. Yet when I would call vm it would say I had messages.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Just to be clear, the Google clients link is exactly the same as if I were taking an OTA through sprint?

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

BrandonEnr7

Sep 4, 2010
Walnut Creek, CA
I can't get it to install while rooted. Looks like you might have to be completely stock. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, beginning of this video will show you how to get stock recovery:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KeZx65twLk

Back in some of the previous leaks I would have deleted some of the /system/app/ APKs I didn't need or want and that caused stock OTAs like this not to work. It seems their update script does an MD5 and/or check to make sure the ROM you have is truly a stock installation. I had to ODIN back to a fully stock installation for the OTA to work since I was missing some /system/app/ files.

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 7
Just to be clear, the Google clients link is exactly the same as if I were taking an OTA through sprint?

Yes, that's where your phone will download it from once it is notified there is an update.

Just to clarify a few things. If you are on stock rooted with Custom recovery (like I was), here's how you can get the upgrade.
1. , install Voodoo Rootkeeper from the play store and use it to backup root.
2, use ODIN to reinstall stock recovery.
3. copy the update file to the external storage root directory (note, it has to be fat32 formatted. Seems that stock recovery doesn't read exfat.

4. reboot to stock recovery, install the update.
5. The phone reboots. Restore root using Voodoo Rootkeeper.
6. Reinstall TWRP using Goomanager from the play store. (optional).

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Yes, that's where your phone will download it from once it is notified there is an update.

Just to clarify a few things. If you are on stock rooted with Custom recovery (like I was), here's how you can get the upgrade.
1. , install Voodoo Rootkeeper from the play store and use it to backup root.
2, use ODIN to reinstall stock recovery.
3. copy the update file to the external storage root directory (note, it has to be fat32 formatted. Seems that stock recovery doesn't read exfat.

4. reboot to stock recovery, install the update.
5. The phone reboots. Restore root using Voodoo Rootkeeper.
6. Reinstall TWRP using Goomanager from the play store. (optional).

Thank you for this guide! :D
But I just odin'd back lol. Needed a fresh start. I had a lot of those "0" Folders from CM10.1 ;)

Does anyone Know if this fixes the autocorrect issue on stock samsung keyboard?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts