Unsure whether Soft or Hard bricked. Help!

Search This thread

kinger-1873

Oct 8, 2011
Hi, really in the need for some help and advice. I recently tried to update from cyanogenmod 10.2 to 11 however on flashing a message came up saying I had to repair my recovery. After clicking yes it got stuck into a recovery loop. So I tried flashing a new recovery using Odin since I couldn't transfer anything. However that seemed to have made it worse, Its now stuck on the S3 logo screen. Been through a couple attempts to repair however everytime I attempt to flash it just gets stuck, leaving it for half an hour to an hour i remove it. I'm pretty lost for what to do, can anyone help?

Also, to add more problems my power button sticks. I dont know if thats whats haulting the flashing?

Thanks!

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Hi, really in the need for some help and advice. I recently tried to update from cyanogenmod 10.2 to 11 however on flashing a message came up saying I had to repair my recovery. After clicking yes it got stuck into a recovery loop. So I tried flashing a new recovery using Odin since I couldn't transfer anything. However that seemed to have made it worse, Its now stuck on the S3 logo screen. Been through a couple attempts to repair however everytime I attempt to flash it just gets stuck, leaving it for half an hour to an hour i remove it. I'm pretty lost for what to do, can anyone help?

Also, to add more problems my power button sticks. I dont know if thats whats haulting the flashing?

Thanks!

Its soft brick. Try this guide. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2323847

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

kinger-1873

Oct 8, 2011
I cant use this fix, I cant access my phone to put anything on the SD and it seems like I am unable to flash anything with Odin. I'll try and break it down to fix the sticky power button but I'm clueless to what to try now?

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
This problem is most probably caused by the power button being stuck thus restarting your phone. Follow wat boomboomer said and fix your power button and see if it solves the problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

kinger-1873

Oct 8, 2011
This problem is most probably caused by the power button being stuck thus restarting your phone. Follow wat boomboomer said and fix your power button and see if it solves the problem.

Hi, I can't use the first guide. I cant get past the s3 logo to get into the device to reset the binary counter?

kinger-1873

Oct 8, 2011
Yes I have opened it up and fixed that. However I need some other way of resetting my binary counter since I cant access my phone. Any way through Odin?

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
No, there is no other way. Fix the boot loop first by flashing a full stock room in Odin. Factory reset afterward in recovery.