Evoreviews :: Updated 3/16/11 sz.2.0 results

Search This thread

skydeaner

Sep 29, 2008
champaign
xda.chambanatech.com
9 clicks out of 10000 people again, please help me out more or I'm not gonna spend the time doing this. PLEASE SUPPORT THE ADS ON MY SITE... I must not tell you to click on them per TOS, but if you see something that interests you....

Lots of good info on my webpage, I will no longer be using the name I used before because I will be putting up a large app review section, as well as choosing the top dawg roms and reviewing them.

UPDATES (newest in red)::

:::::::::::::::::UPDATE 3/17:::::::::::::
Ziggy 471 kernels added. Perform damn well for HTC based kerns. Very excited!

:::::::::::::UPDATE 3/16:::::::::SavagedZen 2.1's:::::::
ok, this new kernel rocks. SZ .2.0 Is up on my website for download and for voting and it's on the graphs. Amazing results to say the least. Most significant battery changes in a long long time. Closest to 42 on linpack ever. They just released a .2.1cfs so I assume they forgot something in the .2.0's. Usually that is what happens when they release a .x.1 right after a .x.0 So I will update the downloads accordingly. But I know that the .2.0s perform bugfree for my everyday use. Maybe it was just the SZ governor they forgot to merge again or whatever, I dunno, I'll look into it. Enjoy the results.

I am absolutely not allowed to tell you to click on my ads. But do what you think is right. and try to do it every time you visit the page lol.

!!DON'T FORGET TO VOTE WHILE YOUR ON THERE SINCE YOU'RE GONNA BE THERE ANYWAYS.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP FINDING THESE KERNELS AS THEY DROP!!

VOTEVOTEVOTE Click here to vote on your favorite rom. Post in this thread if you want to see other roms reviewed and voteable!!! VOTEVOTEVOTE

Last edited:

nhutpham

Jul 1, 2010
Wow, great work, that's a lot of info in there.

Are you planning to test some of the non-sense kernels? I saw somone post a quadrant score over 1700 with the MiUI test rom, would be interesting to see some of the AOSP results.

dmc971989

Dec 17, 2009
awesome work man... its gonna be great to see everything side by side like that

one question tho: no love for the AOSP kernels?

edit: apparently I have been beaten to the punch

skydeaner

Sep 29, 2008
champaign
xda.chambanatech.com
and I'm back from work lol!

Yeah aosp kernels I am going to do add in next. I just tested snap with turbo, and LOL omfg 2500 in quad is insane.
Linpacks didn't go up though, so it must not have been dalvik vm optimizations. I wonder what turbo really is.... hrmm

And yeah, on sense roms i use kings 6bfs as my daily driver. Error free, smooth as silk, and lightning fast, all with amazing battery life.. Kings 7bfs and 8cfs had some really weird problems and I wont touch it. It was jerky as hell, didn't score well. I tried several wipes/reflashes/redownloads, etc. without resolving it.

Last edited:

TorxT3D

Jul 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
very nice!! thanks for the contribution!

ive been doing the same thing charting rom (with and without custom kernels) development progress from 2.1 stock all the way till now with fresh and netarchy.
Its just fun to see how fast the phone has gotten through the months since release.
Dunno if and when i'll get the time to illustrate the data, but its been my little side quest too!!

cheers homie.

Minjin

Nov 22, 2008
Great work. However, if I may offer a suggestion, please add the stock kernels so we have an idea as to how they compare?

MrInquisition

May 1, 2008
I too would love to see a comparison to stock. I haven't made the jump to a new kernel yet, but I want to soon and this thread is great for helping me pick which one.

netarchy

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, TX
github.com
Everyone always asks what the best kernel is, or what the differnces are between them. I decided to spend a month or so testing stuff. I made a webpage where all of you can view the differences. I will of course be continually updating the page with new kernels and hopefully new tests as well. There is my contact info on the page, and you can just pm me here also if you want. Of course I put up a donation link, don't flame me, it just takes a lot of my time to do this, so I figured if anyone appreciated it and wants to donate then my kids can certainly use the diapers lol.

Enjoy the data everyone

More info is of course available on the page. I will be gone for the next hour or so and then I will be able to respond to everyones questions/comments. Thanks for looking,. I suck at making webpages lol.

That's actually very interesting, plus it gives me some numbers I can look at improving on as well ;D

skydeaner

Sep 29, 2008
champaign
xda.chambanatech.com
Hey netarchy, glad to see a kernel dev in here~! Woot. Let me know if you have a new kernel in development, a updated version of 4.1.9.1, or any other one you want to send me to test out and add to the list.

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
Nice work man :)

We all appreciate your hard work and contributions.

skydeaner

Sep 29, 2008
champaign
xda.chambanatech.com
Htc 6 and 7 kernels added in the mix! Eat it up peoples. It's easy to see why 7 has everyone praising it over battery life. It has an extremely low idle power draw, and that is what most people's phones do 90 percent of the time anyways.

will someone please send me the 3.29 kernel from the new OTA? send it to ttechnology@comcast.net or skylerdprahl@gmail.com and I'll have it on the list tomorrow. FPS Unlocked straight from htc??? ZOMG they listened to evo owners WOOOOOOHOOOO!. This should lead to some interesting hacked versions of it. They fixed the battery life, and now this. You'd think they care or something lol.

Last edited:

sedracer

Jan 20, 2009
super impressive, i just rooted a couple of my friends' evo's this evening and this was super helpful. I'm on cyanogen but they both wanted to stay with sense. will definitely donate on payday, hope you get the aosp kernels added in.

drmacinyasha

Jun 4, 2010
Sacramento
denh.am
and I'm back from work lol!

Yeah aosp kernels I am going to do add in next. I just tested snap with turbo, and LOL omfg 2500 in quad is insane.
Linpacks didn't go up though, so it must not have been dalvik vm optimizations. I wonder what turbo really is.... hrmm

And yeah, on sense roms i use kings 6bfs as my daily driver. Error free, smooth as silk, and lightning fast, all with amazing battery life.. Kings 7bfs and 8cfs had some really weird problems and I wont touch it. It was jerky as hell, didn't score well. I tried several wipes/reflashes/redownloads, etc. without resolving it.
2500? Keep pushing, some people are getting up to 2800... ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9 clicks out of 10000 people again, please help me out more or I'm not gonna spend the time doing this. PLEASE SUPPORT THE ADS ON MY SITE... I must not tell you to click on them per TOS, but if you see something that interests you....

Lots of good info on my webpage, I will no longer be using the name I used before because I will be putting up a large app review section, as well as choosing the top dawg roms and reviewing them.

UPDATES (newest in red)::

:::::::::::::::::UPDATE 3/17:::::::::::::
    Ziggy 471 kernels added. Perform damn well for HTC based kerns. Very excited!

:::::::::::::UPDATE 3/16:::::::::SavagedZen 2.1's:::::::
    ok, this new kernel rocks. SZ .2.0 Is up on my website for download and for voting and it's on the graphs. Amazing results to say the least. Most significant battery changes in a long long time. Closest to 42 on linpack ever. They just released a .2.1cfs so I assume they forgot something in the .2.0's. Usually that is what happens when they release a .x.1 right after a .x.0 So I will update the downloads accordingly. But I know that the .2.0s perform bugfree for my everyday use. Maybe it was just the SZ governor they forgot to merge again or whatever, I dunno, I'll look into it. Enjoy the results.

I am absolutely not allowed to tell you to click on my ads. But do what you think is right. and try to do it every time you visit the page lol.

!!DON'T FORGET TO VOTE WHILE YOUR ON THERE SINCE YOU'RE GONNA BE THERE ANYWAYS.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP FINDING THESE KERNELS AS THEY DROP!!

VOTEVOTEVOTE Click here to vote on your favorite rom. Post in this thread if you want to see other roms reviewed and voteable!!! VOTEVOTEVOTE
    Zendroid .91 might be up sometime in the next few days if it doesn't reboot randomly this time. Htc 15 will be up very soon as I am typing from it right,now.,, I cant believe htc included swype withthe new ota. nice move, although I'm much faster on "better keyboard" moist people seem to like swype better and are faster on it. I have been touch typing for so long and type a hundred words a minute on pc so I donte even have to look at my screen when typingo, on better keyboard and type aboit 40 or more words a minute

Reboots did indeed get fixed on zen for .91 release woot!!1 It's quite the kernel now that it's stable.
    Love the site and work there bud!

Only suggestion i will make after skimming through it would be to make the "rating stars" line up better with the kernel or rom they are associated with. Right now they are off a little bit and it is confusing to see what rating is associated with the rom/kernel in some places.
    Maybe a grid type layout would help define them more or put the rating right next to or above/below the corosponding rom/kernel? just a suggestion.

*Also would like to see your results for the SBC kernels mentioned above here
    Thank you very much to the.... TWO PEOPLE that clicked my ad since the update LOLOLOL

No really, thanks, I appreciate it you two. If anyone else wants to give some clicks, it is a nice easy way for you to thank me :)

Hope you guys enjoy the new kernel results. I will be posting new recommended kernels on the site tonight. Net 4.3.1bfs havs more with sbc will be my htc-based kernel. Ziggy's 1/02/11 (cfs or bfs) - update is my new favorite AOSP kernel.... and it is supposedly a sense kernel. Badassness is all I can say, but the results speak for themselves.
    Your thread is my favorite on xda. Should be stickied. I check your site constantly.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App