Help getting slideit going?

Search This thread

theroberts

Jan 4, 2011
Gainesville, GA
I've got slideit on my nook, but can't seem to activate it. It tells me I need to activate it manually, but when I go to settings/keyboard, the screen flickers and takes me to the home screen. I've tried disabling almost all the running apps and rebooting, but the same thing still happens.

I've been able to find help on rooting, adding apps, etc, on this forum, so maybe someone could give me some advice.

duloz

Apr 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Are you using the NookColor Tools app for settings, or the stock settings?

I recommend NCT.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

ehrune

Jan 1, 2011
I'm also having a problem with SlideIT. I've pushed it to the device, and when I bring up NCT it's in fact the only option to select. However, it never actually comes up. In other words, if I enter a text entry box the keyboard never pops up.

Sunrisemix

Jan 2, 2011
Try messing with the permissions once it is in the systems/app folder. I've neutral been giving them full user permission but that might not be needed. Also sometimes a reboot is needed.

Sent from my rooted nookcolor using XDA App

jve34

Dec 20, 2010
How i got mine working.

I installed it using dropbox. I put my apk file in dropbox, then i install it. Then i go to my sd card using root explorer, there is a folder called dropbox which the apk gets copied to. I copy and paste the apk in \system\app and then it still didnt work, so i went to the file, mounted as r/w in root explorer, then you long hold on the file name, and it gives the options of "permissions" which you select and then i checked all the boxes. I rebooted after that, which at this point you can use nook tools to set the keyboard.

Now that i helped with all that, how in the hell do you use this thing? I saw videos of swipe, and it looked amazing, to me this thing is like a regular keyboard although i can draw lines through it, it just has no clue what i am trying to type. maybe i will search for a tutorial or something.

Update: found a userguide http://www.mobiletextinput.com/Product/SlideIT/Manual/Pdf/SlideIT_UserGuide[English].pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: nikescar

Nooter

Dec 6, 2010
How i got mine working.

I installed it using dropbox. I put my apk file in dropbox, then i install it. Then i go to my sd card using root explorer, there is a folder called dropbox which the apk gets copied to. I copy and paste the apk in \system\app and then it still didnt work, so i went to the file, mounted as r/w in root explorer, then you long hold on the file name, and it gives the options of "permissions" which you select and then i checked all the boxes. I rebooted after that, which at this point you can use nook tools to set the keyboard.

Now that i helped with all that, how in the hell do you use this thing? I saw videos of swipe, and it looked amazing, to me this thing is like a regular keyboard although i can draw lines through it, it just has no clue what i am trying to type. maybe i will search for a tutorial or something.

Update: found a userguide http://www.mobiletextinput.com/Product/SlideIT/Manual/Pdf/SlideIT_UserGuide[English].pdf

This is easiest to understand when viewed.

As a simple test, place your forefinger on the letter T, and, without lifting it, slide diagonally over to E, then to S, and then back to T. Now lift your finger. If the word "test" did not appear, then your copy of SlideIT isn't finding its dictionary.

nikescar

Jan 9, 2008
Indiana
How i got mine working.

I followed these steps exactly and got to the point where I could see SlideIT as a selectable keyboard. I selected it and then tried to type in a field and a note and it doesn't pop-up. I rebooted after that just to make sure and still no good.

wvcachi

Jul 20, 2010
Chicago
I followed these steps exactly and got to the point where I could see SlideIT as a selectable keyboard. I selected it and then tried to type in a field and a note and it doesn't pop-up. I rebooted after that just to make sure and still no good.

Try installing it, so it'll be in data/app, then copy it into system/app - changing permissions, and also keeping the original apk in data/app. Then reboot, and you should be able to select it in NookColorTools.

Reactions: nikescar

abexman

Jan 11, 2011
I can't find the apk after download. It does not exist in the data/app when I am viewing it in Astro file manager lite after performing an install via Appbrain or directly from the market. Is there an alternate way to get the apk? I purchased the app.

wvcachi

Jul 20, 2010
Chicago
I can't find the apk after download. It does not exist in the data/app when I am viewing it in Astro file manager lite after performing an install via Appbrain or directly from the market. Is there an alternate way to get the apk? I purchased the app.

If it's really installed, it's in there somewhere. Look for com.dasur.slideit.apk

abexman

Jan 11, 2011
Still no luck. Isn't there a workaround? I imagine jve got the apk Somehow off his device since he loaded it on dropbox.

Thanks in advance!

abexman

Jan 11, 2011
Crap, so the developer overnight put the apk for a demo version online and I was able to get the apk into my app directory with root explorer. However I then went into the SlideIT application and changed input method. The app has a little text input box to do that. Unfortunately after doing this the app wanted a registration code, but the SlideIT not being activated I cannot enter it. So I thought to just enable trial mode but when the app tries to connect to the server it errors out. And I can't get back to the input selection box! help!

Tried to un install using astro but SlideIT doesn't show in list of apps. Only shows in app brain but un install failed. If only I could clear SlideITs cache!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How i got mine working.

Try installing it, so it'll be in data/app, then copy it into system/app - changing permissions, and also keeping the original apk in data/app. Then reboot, and you should be able to select it in NookColorTools.