Mar 12, 2008
hell
1.3.3 - SANDWICH ENTHUSIAST

Fixed rare switch screen crash on some devices
Reworked parts of switch screen UI
New switch screen now on by default
Added new settings to switch screen options
Cleaned up strings

Thank you can now read the time on my lock screen with a white background.
Icons are a lot closer now, I'm sure I will get used to it.

Sent from XDA HD APP

Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Thanks. I have another idea to make switching even more pleasant - you know the circle that defines the edge of the slide area in the stock switch screen?

I want to add a similar restricting, fading line in the form of a rectangle with rounded corners about 1 inch away from the edge of the screen space. The problem? It will only work well on tablets...

iammodo

Mar 12, 2008
hell
Thanks. I have another idea to make switching even more pleasant - you know the circle that defines the edge of the slide area in the stock switch screen?

I want to add a similar restricting, fading line in the form of a rectangle with rounded corners about 1 inch away from the edge of the screen space. The problem? It will only work well on tablets...

Could do it as a third theme. Tablet UI would solve that maybe.

Sent from XDA HD APP

Reactions: ftgg99

pu3cyg

Aug 5, 2011
I've just updated to the latest version in my "guest" profile, and now I couldn't run the program! It gives me this "Your firmware is not compatible with SwitchMe....." error.

I swear I didn't change anything to the system why it suddenly stop working?? I am now stuck in my guest profile and how should I switch to my main profile??

I am running Team EOS ICS ROM Release 1.0 on XOOM (Wingray).

Please help..

IamJAX

May 11, 2009
Bangalore
I've just updated to the latest version in my "guest" profile, and now I couldn't run the program! It gives me this "Your firmware is not compatible with SwitchMe....." error.

I swear I didn't change anything to the system why it suddenly stop working?? I am now stuck in my guest profile and how should I switch to my main profile??

I am running Team EOS ICS ROM Release 1.0 on XOOM (Wingray).

Please help..

I am also having same issue. With latest update it shows incompatible firmware error. It was working fine until this update. I am on Galaxy S2 running Simple & Clean v2.4 ROM

ptruman

Nov 7, 2010
Serious bug time!
Just upgraded via market, and now can't login to any profiles with numbers in the passwords from the enabled lock screen. To clarify, the numbers on the keyboard do not work via the lockscreen and neither does backspace.

Luckily for me I kept a guest profile with no password, and could use that to login and reset the other passwords.

I have had to remove all passwords as I can't uninstall without losing profiles. :-(

Also, each profile auto upgraded so once you switch you get locked out....
version 1.3.4 rev 32 is the one I got upgraded to. Please fix!

Last edited:

pu3cyg

Aug 5, 2011
Incompatibility error fixed in latest update.. thanks!
I will definitely disable market automatic update, and wait for others' feedback before update next time :p

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Incompatibility error fixed in latest update.. thanks!
I will definitely disable market automatic update, and wait for others' feedback before update next time :p

Sorry about that guys, it was very late and we had a b2b project to deliver in the morning so we rushed it. Wont happen again.

cverhoef

Jan 2, 2008
Hmm, I've a big problem with SwitchMe on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 with the latest standard stock rom.

It's a great app (until now ;) ). SwitchMe worked just fine until this morning. I wanted to use the tab, but SwitchMe does not let me in any more.

I used it with two profiles and no passwords. There is still enough space left on the device. The profile name suggestions are not shown any more in the login screen. Rebooting didn't work. Thus, at this moment I can't use my tab.

What's best to do now? I have a nandroid backup available on the device. Is it safe to use this backup, or is there some other possibility to bypass the SwitchMe screen?

Last edited:

Donald Nice

Im very impressed by this app, Absolutely great!!! Thx for your work, but i have some questions...

1. Where is the second profile stored?
2. Are the files from first Profile moved from its original storage folder?
3. What if i uninstall the app out of the first profile? Whats withe the files stored in the second profile?
4. What if i uninstall the app out of the second profile? Which one will be loaded on next boot after uninstalling?
5. Whats with ROM-Updates (in my case HP Touchpad with CM9, which is prerooted, as you all know)?

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Next week there will be a beta site which will host apks ahead of general release - hence the new digit in today's version number...

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Im very impressed by this app, Absolutely great!!! Thx for your work, but i have some questions...

1. Where is the second profile stored?
2. Are the files from first Profile moved from its original storage folder?
3. What if i uninstall the app out of the first profile? Whats withe the files stored in the second profile?
4. What if i uninstall the app out of the second profile? Which one will be loaded on next boot after uninstalling?
5. Whats with ROM-Updates (in my case HP Touchpad with CM9, which is prerooted, as you all know)?

1. Profiles are stored in /data/.profiles
2. The app doesn't move anything it only copies or removes
3. See 1, you can use wipe to remove them or do it individually or with a file manager or whatever
4. The second, obviously
5. You should back up the app and settings, anything inside /data will be reset so use titanium

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Fixed issue with switch screen crash on some devices
Fixed switch screen transparency on ICS
Added screen space regulator for easier unlock swipes

mmjbone

Feb 18, 2012
Hmm, I've a big problem with SwitchMe on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 with the latest standard stock rom.

It's a great app (until now ;) ). SwitchMe worked just fine until this morning. I wanted to use the tab, but SwitchMe does not let me in any more.

I used it with two profiles and no passwords. There is still enough space left on the device. The profile name suggestions are not shown any more in the login screen. Rebooting didn't work. Thus, at this moment I can't use my tab.

What's best to do now? I have a nandroid backup available on the device. Is it safe to use this backup, or is there some other possibility to bypass the SwitchMe screen?

I'm having the same issue. Would be curious to see if there's a non-backup restore solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SwitchMe - share your device!

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple installations of Android just as you would on a desktop computer.

SwitchMe is a unique application for root users that allows you to log in and out of multiple user spaces just as you would on a desktop computer, with each profile having its own separate system settings, apps and data.

Some of the benefits of this technology:

Privacy
    Securely share one device among many users, protect your accounts with passwords and log out automatically.

Kids
    Create a profile for the kids, with only the apps and access you feel comfortable with.

Gaming
    Overclock your profile for maximum performance in intensive games

Speed
    Imagine a buttery smooth profile, with no kids games, messengers or bloatware to slow things down.

Testing
    Create a sandbox profile to easily test applications and themes - no more nandroid nightmares!

Battery
    Switch to a profile which only contains the essentials to save power through brute force.

Critical usage warning:

Incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. Before proceeding with use we strongly recommend that you perform a full nandroid backup through the device recovery.

READ THE HELP FILE CAREFULLY TO AVOID ISSUES

Without the Key, this application allows a maximum of 2 profiles and no security features.

Only the standard Android implementation of Apps2SD is currently supported. Use all others at your own risk.

Most devices should be compatible as long as they have enough free internal memory to create secondary profiles. The application will warn users if available memory is low.
    These of course are only suggestions - there are plenty of other uses for the functionality SwitchMe offers.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.switchme

The free version allows the creation of two profiles and has no security features.

Screens:

Seems really amazing! but sounds risky, so I will wait for feedback from others. I just hope that the switching does not take up too much time or battery for that matter.

I just tried it on Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Tab 10.1 - it works amazingly!!! Now going to make a secret private profile for my double life ;)
    Adminitrator accounts
    Any profile on the device can be given elevated-privelage administrator rights. These accounts have the ability to wipe all profiles from the device, or delete individual profiles. An administrator however can not switch to other password-protected accounts, only remove them or grant them administrator permissions.

Once you have granted admin rights to a profile, the owner of that profile will have the same privilages as you. You can revoke these rights from the same menu in security settings.

Incompatibility errors
    These are usually caused by Superuser installations outside /system. If you find that this error occurs inside a newly created profile, go to the market and download the Superuser app and then go back into SwitchMe. You should now be able to switch back to your original profile.

These can also be used by erroneous A2SD links in your ROM. Try another if you need this app to work.

Custom Roms
    Most stock based roms work flawlessly, some custom ones do not. We know that MIUI currently has framework glitches. CM7 and CM9 are known to work well - tested on Xoom, Xoom 2, Galaxy Nexus, Transformer 101/201/301 and Galaxy Tab 7.7/8.9/10.1, Incredible S, Sensation, Iconia tabs, Nexus 7
    A general to do list from user feedback (not exclusive)

Must have
    Widget like in Call Master [done]
    Encryption
    Export profiles to SD
    Location aware (probably through Tasker)

Could use
    More detailed info
    App/data sharing
    Custom lockscreen

Would be nice
    Support for A2SD etc [done]
    Reserve space for profiles
    An update has been released and should be available for download in half an hour or so. Heres the gist:

- Fixed Superuser issue (please recreate all your profiles or install Superuser from the market in all previously created profiles if this issue affected you)
    - Fixed start up crash on some 2.1 and 2.2 devices
    - Fixed many device-specific bugs
    - Reworked UI (new profile selector, new details)
    - Added more warning screens
    - Added administrator account functionality
    - Added full profile wipe

Have there been many instances of this getting stuck in a bootloop and needing a restore? I'm a bit nervous about putting it on my Prime since it doesn't have CWM yet and there's a scary usage warning.

Boot loops should only affect devices with small memory cards (and people who disregard the automatic low-memory warning the app will show). You should be fine, there is after all a recovery of some kind on the device.

What's the process of "undoing" the multiple profiles if ever needs be? I was going to look on the dev site from the market, and it's dead. Thanks. :)

We are in the process of creating a new site. To remove the profiles, use the Wipe feature in the settings of todays release.

Do you know if this will work on the Xperia Play?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

I dont see why not.