[Q] Return to Stock MDK?

Search This thread

stompysan

Feb 1, 2011
Hello everyone. I will soon be switching to a different carrier, and will be trading in my phone. Sadly, this means that it will need to be returned to stock. I have tried searching around and haven't found a straight answer. My phone is currently Loki'd. Is there any way I can restore back to stock MDK with Odin and remove all signs of root? Right now, when I start my phone up, it shows the unlocked lock and says modified, so I am hoping that there is some way I can return back to stock. Ideally I would want to go back to MDK, in case for some reason I don't switch. That way, I know I will be able to get back custom recovery if everything falls through. I will keep data disabled until I trade it in, in order to prevent an update.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I tried searching and couldn't find anything. Maybe I just overlooked it.

heath2805

Sep 28, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Hello everyone. I will soon be switching to a different carrier, and will be trading in my phone. Sadly, this means that it will need to be returned to stock. I have tried searching around and haven't found a straight answer. My phone is currently Loki'd. Is there any way I can restore back to stock MDK with Odin and remove all signs of root? Right now, when I start my phone up, it shows the unlocked lock and says modified, so I am hoping that there is some way I can return back to stock. Ideally I would want to go back to MDK, in case for some reason I don't switch. That way, I know I will be able to get back custom recovery if everything falls through. I will keep data disabled until I trade it in, in order to prevent an update.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I tried searching and couldn't find anything. Maybe I just overlooked it.
Here ya go.
http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?t=237

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stompysan

heath2805

Sep 28, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Will flashing that remove the remove the "Custom" splash at startup as well, or will I need to run something else before doing that? I know on my SIII, I had to run Triangle Away before returning it as well.

Yes it will bring it back to complete stock MDK unrooted. I've actually used this a couple times to restore stock firmware. Works perfectly.

Reactions: stompysan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here ya go.
    http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?t=237

Will flashing that remove the remove the "Custom" splash at startup as well, or will I need to run something else before doing that? I know on my SIII, I had to run Triangle Away before returning it as well.

Yes it will bring it back to complete stock MDK unrooted. I've actually used this a couple times to restore stock firmware. Works perfectly.