Screen size b/t the Note 3/4 are the same, can I use my existing screen protectors?

Search This thread

GatoL0c0

Jul 6, 2010
Escondido, CA
Depends on whether or not the proximity sensors on the front of the phone have changed or not. Personally, I wouldn't bother and would purchase one made for the Note 4.

jpmcnown

Jan 13, 2011
Topeka, Kansas
What kind of a super rare/expensive screen protector are you talking about reusing, instead of just buying a new one specifically for the $800+ Note 4 you will have just obtained? As well, the glass on the Note 4 is not flat, it has rounded edges(not talking about the Note 4 Edge), which may prove interesting for screen protector production.

sacky73

Sep 12, 2011
The front facing camera seems to have a bigger hole and the edges of the Note 4 are curved so the same screen protectors might not be the best to use. Get a good new one.

sanjsrik

What kind of a super rare/expensive screen protector are you talking about reusing, instead of just buying a new one specifically for the $800+ Note 4 you will have just obtained? As well, the glass on the Note 4 is not flat, it has rounded edges(not talking about the Note 4 Edge), which may prove interesting for screen protector production.

The Note 4 "should" cost a lot less than it does. Given that it's no more than an incremental slight upgrade from the Note3, I'll upgrade when I get around to it. There's no rush in it for me. I may only get it because my T-Mobile Jump plan lets me. However, I take issue with the whole "$800+" upgrade stuff. I want to know what I can repurpose from my existing device such as screen protectors because honestly, I just don't see buying everything all new again simply because they moved this up one number.

I'll wait and see for myself if anything is compatible between 3 and 4. Thank you for all your feedback.

ReggieSmith

Mar 25, 2011
Hampton, GA
The Note 4 "should" cost a lot less than it does. Given that it's no more than an incremental slight upgrade from the Note3, I'll upgrade when I get around to it. There's no rush in it for me. I may only get it because my T-Mobile Jump plan lets me. However, I take issue with the whole "$800+" upgrade stuff. I want to know what I can repurpose from my existing device such as screen protectors because honestly, I just don't see buying everything all new again simply because they moved this up one number.

I'll wait and see for myself if anything is compatible between 3 and 4. Thank you for all your feedback.

Why did you even ask then? If you were already set on waiting or possibly not upgrading? Please tell me that saving money on a glass screen protector didn't make the difference? Cases will be different as well.

As for cost- NONE of these phones are selling for anywhere near what would be reasonable considering what they cost to make, but the curved screen and the fact that it is 4K, plus the hardware improvements to the camera (it now has optical image stabilization as opposed to digital image stabilization)... those 2 things alone i am sure they use to justify the bump in price. Is it overpriced? Sure, but aren't they all? :)

non1oson

Feb 14, 2012
Why did you even ask then? If you were already set on waiting or possibly not upgrading? Please tell me that saving money on a glass screen protector didn't make the difference? Cases will be different as well.

As for cost- NONE of these phones are selling for anywhere near what would be reasonable considering what they cost to make, but the curved screen and the fact that it is 4K, plus the hardware improvements to the camera (it now has optical image stabilization as opposed to digital image stabilization)... those 2 things alone i am sure they use to justify the bump in price. Is it overpriced? Sure, but aren't they all? :)

im getting just for the selfies with the mrs. front cam beats note 3 lol. LDR so its worth it hahaha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, the same screen size between the Note 3 and 4 means I can use the screen protectors I have on my current Note 3?

5.7" correct?
    I think so

Note 3 rooted knox 1, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom. Stay away from Samsuck!