[ROOT] RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter | Updated 01.26.13

Search This thread

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
READ ME:
HTCDev.com has blocked access to the method I was using to automate their website.
As of right now, this method does not work due to that, but I am currently implementing a fix.
You may still download the rooter, but it WILL NOT communicate with HTCDev.com until I update it.

Description
Please read this entire post before attempting to root/unlock!
RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter provides easy bootloader unlocking, recovery flashing, and rooting of the HTC EVO 4G LTE's stock firmware.
This rooter DOES use HTCdev.com to unlock your bootloader.
NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader erases ALL user data on the phone! Be sure to back up with Titanium or something similar!
Successful in unlocking and rooting all builds.
If you have any problems while rooting, reboot your phone completely and try again.

What it does
  • Verifies Device and Battery Level (Needs to be charged to at least 40% before running)
  • Reboots to Bootloader and Gets Unlock Token
  • Sends Token to HTCdev.com
  • Retrieves Unlock_code.bin
  • Unlocks Bootloader
  • Flashes TWRP Recovery
  • Sends Superuser packages and busybox to device

Usage
Before Running! - Clear your Google Wallet Settings!

1. Run the "RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter.exe" on your computer, Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer options on your phone, then plug in your Evo.
2. It will recognize that you plugged it in, and a big button that reads "ROOT ME" will appear.
3. Follow the on screen prompts and wait until rooting is complete.

Requirements
Windows Computer
HTC Drivers installed
.NET 4.0 installed
Active Internet Connection (for communication with HTCdev.com)

Screenshots
Screenshots

Special Thanks
djR3Z - Working with me and developing new, innovative ideas
jayjam99 - HUGE thanks for helping me out with htcdev! This guy really saved my butt.
TeamWin - Their awesome TWRP recovery
sparkym3 & Dan Rosenburg - Local root exploit
Chainfire - SuperSu
Testers - PodCulture | wileout

Changelog
Version 4.0.2 | 01.26.13
  • Updated internal library to fix bug
Version 4.0.1 | 01.25.13
  • Update RegawMOD_Rooter.zip with new binaries

Download Latest Release
RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter x86
RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter x64

Download Info
Rooter x86 MD5 - e87ab5ac647a0edd7d869e2cc5ad0bc4
Rooter x64 MD5 - 72d642a7a231a96c92c8244f8a750687

Last edited:

rizzomach

May 16, 2009
I will download in morning after work thank you for your hard work

Sent from my new evo 4g lte.....

Reactions: RegnierD

aaron130

Mar 19, 2008
Massachusetts
This is awesome!!! A little late here and sleep walking so I'll wait till tomorrow. Thanks for this!!!

Last edited:

mayfield103

Mar 1, 2011
Loganville, Ga
I had to run twice because the first time it got stuck on flashing recovery but I ran it again and it worked perfect! Thanks for this root tool for dummies and stoners like me :D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: trollallot

Reaper333

Sep 29, 2008
Worked great first time through. Thank you for your hard work. Made the process super simple. :)

Ookami_EVO

Jan 1, 2011
Have to run a 3rd time the 1st time i got overly excited and double tapped the volume so the boot loader didn't unlock. second run it got stuck on flashing recovery, battery is below 40% so gotta charge before my 3rd go, however the phone has problems connecting to play store should i scrap my attempt and RUU or try for a 3rd time?

mayfield103

Mar 1, 2011
Loganville, Ga
Have to run a 3rd time the 1st time i got overly excited and double tapped the volume so the boot loader didn't unlock. second run it got stuck on flashing recovery, battery is below 40% so gotta charge before my 3rd go, however the phone has problems connecting to play store should i scrap my attempt and RUU or try for a 3rd time?

I haven't had any problems connecting to play store but I did have to run twice because o got stuck at flashing recovery. Ran it again and it worked perfect. So I would try it again imo

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ ME:
    HTCDev.com has blocked access to the method I was using to automate their website.
    As of right now, this method does not work due to that, but I am currently implementing a fix.
    You may still download the rooter, but it WILL NOT communicate with HTCDev.com until I update it.

Description
    Please read this entire post before attempting to root/unlock!
    RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter provides easy bootloader unlocking, recovery flashing, and rooting of the HTC EVO 4G LTE's stock firmware.
    This rooter DOES use HTCdev.com to unlock your bootloader.
    NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader erases ALL user data on the phone! Be sure to back up with Titanium or something similar!
    Successful in unlocking and rooting all builds.
    If you have any problems while rooting, reboot your phone completely and try again.

What it does
    • Verifies Device and Battery Level (Needs to be charged to at least 40% before running)
    • Reboots to Bootloader and Gets Unlock Token
    • Sends Token to HTCdev.com
    • Retrieves Unlock_code.bin
    • Unlocks Bootloader
    • Flashes TWRP Recovery
    • Sends Superuser packages and busybox to device

Usage
    Before Running! - Clear your Google Wallet Settings!

1. Run the "RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter.exe" on your computer, Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer options on your phone, then plug in your Evo.
    2. It will recognize that you plugged it in, and a big button that reads "ROOT ME" will appear.
    3. Follow the on screen prompts and wait until rooting is complete.

Requirements
    Windows Computer
    HTC Drivers installed
    .NET 4.0 installed
    Active Internet Connection (for communication with HTCdev.com)

Screenshots
    Screenshots

Special Thanks
    djR3Z - Working with me and developing new, innovative ideas
    jayjam99 - HUGE thanks for helping me out with htcdev! This guy really saved my butt.
    TeamWin - Their awesome TWRP recovery
    sparkym3 & Dan Rosenburg - Local root exploit
    Chainfire - SuperSu
    Testers - PodCulture | wileout

Changelog
    Version 4.0.2 | 01.26.13
    • Updated internal library to fix bug
    Version 4.0.1 | 01.25.13
    • Update RegawMOD_Rooter.zip with new binaries

Download Latest Release
    RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter x86
    RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter x64

Download Info
    Rooter x86 MD5 - e87ab5ac647a0edd7d869e2cc5ad0bc4
    Rooter x64 MD5 - 72d642a7a231a96c92c8244f8a750687
    In the scheme of life some things are more important than others. Don't worry about any time frame. Just take care of yourself and yours. I know you do this out of desire to help others and all of us need to understand this. I will shut up now.

Doc

I fully understand. I just wanted to know for sure if we "could" be expecting it. That's all. Again, I appreciate all the time you have spent doing this.
    Hey no worries guys, I was just trying to clarify that I don't have unlimited time always to work on things here on xda. I have a ton of projects on here as well that need updating and I am behind and a little stressed out :p

I'm working on an update for this right now, which will be smart and work for both the 1.13 and 1.22, deciding which you have and doing the proper method.
    Updated to version 4.0 today. This should have ironed out the reboot issues and the HTCdev.com issues. Right now HTCdev.com is a little bit slow, just due to their server, but if you're patient and let it do it's thing, it will work.
    Ok, updated the OP with a new technique. Hopefully this will get the zip pushed. Let me know if I have to do more on it.