Getting reasonable battery life

Search This thread

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
Hey guys, just wanted to throw out what I have found re: reasonable battery life.
As most of you know, you can tell when the phone is not getting what I consider reasonable battery life.
Here are the things that I found worth doing:

1: Greenify apps if you can. Unfortunately, Facebook is one of the worst violators of battery and if you greenify it, you will go a long way towards having decent battery life. Of course, then you don't get your Facebook notifications, but for me, this is a plus.
2: Battery Doctor. You can set it to kill apps when the screen is off. There is a whitelist as well so you can keep certain apps running instead being killed.
3: Adjust the auto brightness curve. This seems to work well. Keep the screen reasonably bright but no more than necessary. I think this might work better than just a fixed brightness level because if the area gets really bright, at least the screen will react and become brighter so you can still see the screen. To me, the screen is a battery killer.
4: If you have a super AMOLED display supposedly you can black out the screen with a dark UI. Not sure how much this helps.
5: Custom Kernel. I have only tried IceCode and insanity. Both were giving reasonable battery life. I tried the lower voltage tables in IceCode but didn't notice much difference.

For me, even though I tried several different ROMs, if I did the above, I got reasonable standby/sleep times. It was usually 1 to 1.5 percent per hour in sleep. When the screen was on, battery life was totally dependent on screen brightness. For me, reasonable is with decent use - check/reply to mail a few times an hour, browse web, text, talk abut an hour a day, etc... from 7a-3p and still have around 70% left. For me, the phone still needs charging every day though. Any other tips???

Reactions: indigenica

adobrakic

Aug 7, 2008
For Facebook, I use the Tinfoil For Facebook app, which is pretty much just a wrapper of the mobile browser version. Beside the battery drain the official app causes, the privacy concerns with the addition of them listening in on your mic makes this worth it.

Super_Commando

Mar 19, 2012
Hi all. Can anyone please suggest which Rom & kernel combination gives best battery life for Ville c2 . Main use is web browsing on mobile data & some casual gaming.
I recently got this device and am new to this (c2) forum.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Last edited:

Ivan16198

Jun 24, 2014
Palermo
www.youtube.com
I use the "Snapdragon BatteryGuru" application.
A feature I love is that I can set what apps have to be updated ever, when I use them or basing on my use. For example I installed Facebook, Twitter, a mail client and Skype on my phone. I can choose that the mail client has to be updated ever, Facebook and Twitter basing on my use, and Skype when I use it.

BatteryGuru can enable some features like the Wi-Fi or the Mobile data basing on my use. For example, I surf the internet between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM. The Snapdragon's application registers this activity and it will automatically enable internet connection between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM.

Another feature I like is that I can enable a low power mode when the battery reaches a choosen level and disable, for example, the mobile data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, apps update, etc.

Awesome app! :D

knox911

Nov 11, 2013
I'm quite satisfied with the AOSPA 4+ ROM (stock kernel). I unplug the phone at 9am and around 10pm - 56% battery remaining (with Greenify + Auto brightness + Dark UI theme) with normal usage like browsing/checking emails/phone calls every now and then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, just wanted to throw out what I have found re: reasonable battery life.
    As most of you know, you can tell when the phone is not getting what I consider reasonable battery life.
    Here are the things that I found worth doing:

1: Greenify apps if you can. Unfortunately, Facebook is one of the worst violators of battery and if you greenify it, you will go a long way towards having decent battery life. Of course, then you don't get your Facebook notifications, but for me, this is a plus.
    2: Battery Doctor. You can set it to kill apps when the screen is off. There is a whitelist as well so you can keep certain apps running instead being killed.
    3: Adjust the auto brightness curve. This seems to work well. Keep the screen reasonably bright but no more than necessary. I think this might work better than just a fixed brightness level because if the area gets really bright, at least the screen will react and become brighter so you can still see the screen. To me, the screen is a battery killer.
    4: If you have a super AMOLED display supposedly you can black out the screen with a dark UI. Not sure how much this helps.
    5: Custom Kernel. I have only tried IceCode and insanity. Both were giving reasonable battery life. I tried the lower voltage tables in IceCode but didn't notice much difference.

For me, even though I tried several different ROMs, if I did the above, I got reasonable standby/sleep times. It was usually 1 to 1.5 percent per hour in sleep. When the screen was on, battery life was totally dependent on screen brightness. For me, reasonable is with decent use - check/reply to mail a few times an hour, browse web, text, talk abut an hour a day, etc... from 7a-3p and still have around 70% left. For me, the phone still needs charging every day though. Any other tips???